Ch

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 02:46 AM
    Lol, good one, OP!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 03:22 AM
    no, and its not really delayed either
    11-04-14 04:25 AM
    If only a one month "delay" (not really, since there was no official date) was enough time to completely reconfigure a device's internal design and optimize it's software for that hardware.

As a side-bar: can you imagine if phones had removable microRAM and swappable video cards? That'd be absurd but amusing...
    Jimberry Storm and Mr4aces like this.
    11-04-14 08:48 AM
    Mobile technology hardware is like a fine wine - the longer you wait the better it gets. LOL. Any lengthening of time before the launch is probably due to shortages in components - similar to what is going on with the Passport.
    11-04-14 08:54 AM
    I'm not sure why people are saying it's not delayed. Chen said November multiple times and now it's December. That's a delay any way you define it. The reason for the delay is anyone's guess. It might be legit or not but it's still a delay in getting the product out to market.
    11-04-14 10:17 AM
    I'm not sure why people are saying it's not delayed. Chen said November multiple times and now it's December. That's a delay any way you define it. The reason for the delay is anyone's guess. It might be legit or not but it's still a delay in getting the product out to market.
    Not sure where you live, it's November 4th here
    djsvet and Mr4aces like this.
    11-04-14 10:27 AM
    they have an event for nov 13....who says they don't debut it there? Until dec 1 is here its still November as well.
    11-04-14 10:34 AM
    Yeah, but "said" isn't really an official announcement... and there wasn't a press release or fanfare or goat sacrificing ceremony.

He may have mentioned "November", but he never gave a day. In accounting you never include decimal places with estimates and in tech you never take an approximate release date as writ.
    11-04-14 10:35 AM
    Wait, where's this time machine to jump to December? I'd rather want to jump back in time to fix a few things lol
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-04-14 10:44 AM
    Exactly!

It amazes me how so many apologists keep excusing BBRY for never keeping a promise. Chen said it... and now there is a delay... typical BlackBerry... quit making a excuses.

All of those accepting mediocre are the primary reason we're living with the mediocrity that BlackBerry has become.

Posted via CB10
    Icarus3000 and Mr4aces like this.
    11-04-14 10:51 AM
    Not sure where you live, it's November 4th here
    Ok I just read what I wrote and yes I'm from the future. For the record, the Classic is awesome!!
    rusty502 likes this.
    11-04-14 10:55 AM
    Exactly!

It amazes me how so many apologists keep excusing BBRY for never keeping a promise. Chen said it... and now there is a delay... typical BlackBerry... quit making a excuses.

All of those accepting mediocre are the primary reason we're living with the mediocrity that BlackBerry has become.

Posted via CB10
    Can you please show me a quote from Chen promising that it would be released in November? My life will not be changed a single bit if it doesn't come until December, but you seem like you are going to have to get medication to get through the hell that Blackberry is putting you though.
    11-04-14 10:56 AM
    Can you please show me a quote from Chen promising that it would be released in November? My life will not be changed a single bit if it doesn't come until December, but you seem like you are going to have to get medication to get through the hell that Blackberry is putting you though.
    So unless he used the word "promise", you're claiming it doesn't count? Wow...

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame and irdeto like this.
    11-04-14 11:35 AM
    JC pinky swore me...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 11:49 AM
    Can you please show me a quote from Chen promising that it would be released in November?
    This wouldn't prove anything unless you had a simultaneous video of his hands - he could have had his fingers crossed.
    drrobert_Taco likes this.
    11-04-14 12:10 PM
    I guess I'm beginning to understand what I've been doing wrong... forgot to check and see if BlackBerry execs had their fingers crossed behind their backs.

If I'd known that, maybe I could have avoided the hell that was:

Playbook lies
    Z10 random reboots
    Z10 worst battery life ever
    XBBM failure for year
    BlackBerry Link uselessness
    Passport unresponsive touch screen

Thanks for the heads up. Helps explain alot!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-04-14 12:11 PM
    I think it's a heavy load on the software developers, look for a higher build of 10.3.1 before we get closer to a release date..

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 12:12 PM
    I guess I'm beginning to understand what I've been doing wrong... forgot to check and see if BlackBerry execs had their fingers crossed behind their backs.

If I'd known that, maybe I could have avoided the hell that was:

Playbook lies
    Z10 random reboots
    Z10 worst battery life ever
    XBBM failure for year
    BlackBerry Link uselessness
    Passport unresponsive touch screen

Thanks for the heads up. Helps explain alot!

Posted via CB10
    Passport touch screen is not unresponsive, think you just selected a few negative threads and put a little ditty together.

For what it's worth think BlackBerry are in no mood to get Classic released too soon as Passport turned out more successful than they expected and as Passport is selling they saw no need rush out the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    yelmonster and irdeto like this.
    11-04-14 12:34 PM
    Passport touch screen is not unresponsive, think you just selected a few negative threads...

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely incorrect. Well documented by plenty of users...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 12:41 PM
    Passport touch screen is not unresponsive, think you just selected a few negative threads and put a little ditty together.

For what it's worth think BlackBerry are in no mood to get Classic released too soon as Passport turned out more successful than they expected and as Passport is selling they saw no need rush out the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    This might very well be the reason. Since Passport is selling well and there's lack of stock everywhere it makes sense to delay the Classic launch (as well as 10.3.1) to give BlackBerry more time to produce more PPs and fulfill the demand.

But however legit the reason, "delay" is still read as delay

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 01:24 PM
    lol... this thread.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-04-14 02:06 PM
    Has anyone thought that as he was in Hong Kong he was referring to the HK release date? ( was the passport released later there than other markets?)
    11-04-14 02:18 PM
    Absolutely incorrect. Well documented by plenty of users...

Posted via CB10
    Mine is completely responsive.

What a bunch of cry babies.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 04:17 PM
    Has anyone thought that as he was in Hong Kong he was referring to the HK release date? ( was the passport released later there than other markets?)
    I'm pretty sure he was in the US when he said December.

OK guys, I have a theory here. I think this is all just a conspiracy Chen said that the Classic would not be out until December then bam, it's on the market next week. Imagine the hype Good one, Chen
    11-04-14 04:49 PM
35 12