I have had my classic a couple days now. Got the latest os and installed a few apps from bb world. Today more then ever I have really noticed a lag when going into the hub. Hub is there but empty. It takes 10 seconds to refresh it. Sometimes it will flash up the the stuff in there then go blank and eventually come back. This has also happened when I got a email notification and went into hub then my email account and it was totally empty then finally refreshed. This is something that my q10 never did, it is a total new issue I have never seen on a bb10 device. Granted I have only used the z10 q10 and z30 . It is bad enough for me to think about returning the phone and going back to my q10. Trouble is of course it does not do it every time but just when I least expect it. Cant make it happen, but it the screen will flicker or the content will flicker when I just open hub and look at it which I find wrong as well. The os updated on my wifi when I got it up and running so will maybe see if Sachesi has a different os or just reload this one again. any other ideas welcome.
    11-25-16 10:07 PM
    sounds like the OS is hosed. I would reload something
    11-26-16 02:33 PM
    If you want to wipe everything and start from scratch, then use an autoloader. Thurask has a thread where he's posted factory copies of every release.

If you don't want to be so destructive, then try restarting the hub by swiping diagonally from the top right corner. Swipe 5 times to restart it. Give it 5 or 10 mins to be sure it's loaded everything. Then restart the entire phone by pushing and holding the volume up and volume down buttons. Continue holding them past the screenshot pop up, and hold them after the phone shuts off. Release them once the phone begins to boot up

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 03:37 PM
    OK I did a bit of a os upgrade. The numbers got a bit higher. I used Sachesi and the os it suggested. So then I get a text go to hub to read it. See the list and by the time I can open it the screen goes blank and have to wait till it refreshes. I just tried the reset on hub. Bit tricky without closing it or opening settings. Haha

typed on this awesome Classic
    11-26-16 03:49 PM
    thought maybe it was fixed but again went into hub and it was blank. 5-10 sec it refreshes and works normal. Almost seems after I get a text or email that it sets off. I open and see the new and old but then it just goes away and have to wait for it. I can return the phone still but would rather solve the issue. I have searched and not read of any other BB10 phones having the issue. but i also am not very good at searching.
    11-27-16 03:00 PM
    thought maybe it was fixed but again went into hub and it was blank. 5-10 sec it refreshes and works normal. Almost seems after I get a text or email that it sets off. I open and see the new and old but then it just goes away and have to wait for it. I can return the phone still but would rather solve the issue. I have searched and not read of any other BB10 phones having the issue. but i also am not very good at searching.
    Curious, did you buy it Used?

Posted with my  Classic
    11-28-16 04:56 PM
    No its brand new. Grabbed last week. Been messing with it and sending my self emails and it sure is being annoying. Just for fun I just went back into hub to see the email I got for this and how hub would react. It blinked off and on rapidly then blanked out and repeated the blinking. More the 5 second for sure. I got to work Wednesday so I think I might just return it tomorrow. I wanted it to be good but this is not something I ever seen on my Q10. I have read of issues others have with these phones and wonder how can it be that no one has it. But seems I now have it. They had 2 there. Wondering if I should trade it for other one. Although the sales guys was saying he might buy it

11-28-16 05:19 PM
    It almost sounds like your Hub keeps reloading? I know that when I do a restart it takes the Hub a minute or so to repopulate with my messages. That's usually when it is blank. I've never had it suddenly go blank though. I wonder if it is an OS issue though? It may be time to do a full clean install of the OS. Although it may just be easier to swap them and see if the issue is present in the other unit.
    11-28-16 05:41 PM
    Yes well I got the phone it updated. Then I used sachesi twice to reload an os.

That said I did restore old msg from my Q10. So I went through my text and deleted them. When I got to one that had been there maybe a couple yrs I deleted it. I was in text folder but when I hit delete it was like an exorcism. Phone was flickering and flashing and when it settled down seemed to be stable again. Will update if it was the issue

11-28-16 05:45 PM
    Well been sending myself emails and getting texts and BBM. Seems it's a possessed text msg I was keeping open for over a year maybe 2 since I sent it. Have not so much as seen a flicker. Happy about that as I will keep the phone.

Finding the larger keyboard more tiring on my hands though. Will need to grow new muscles

11-28-16 07:28 PM
    I've never used Sachesi.
    I use these:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 09:26 PM
    That said I did restore old msg from my Q10. So I went through my text and deleted them. When I got to one that had been there maybe a couple yrs I deleted it. I was in text folder but when I hit delete it was like an exorcism. Phone was flickering and flashing and when it settled down seemed to be stable again. Will update if it was the issue
    Can you try wiping the device and not restoring a backup? Just to rule out a corrupt backup/restore process.
    11-28-16 11:06 PM
    It seems like a wipe and refresh could be of use here like others have said. Sort of the same things were happening with my Passport where the Hub was acting a little crazy and wipe got it going again. Good luck OP.
    11-29-16 10:54 AM
    People keep recommending to use an autoloader to get a fresh OS and OP updates non-destructive with Sachesi. Did I get that right or am I confused?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-29-16 12:01 PM
    People keep recommending to use an autoloader to get a fresh OS and OP updates non-destructive with Sachesi. Did I get that right or am I confused?

Correct sir

Posted with my  Classic
    11-30-16 09:57 AM
    Imho,

The autoloader is a good option to try. Wipes to a clean slate.
    I have used them to unbug a BB10 device.

However, I never restore from backup. You'll lose txt messages though. My emails are all in the cloud so they re-sync (as well as contacts).

You'll have to reinstall some applications too.

Good luck.
    I would pickup a Classic as a spare, but I just like my Passport too much to go back.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    11-30-16 02:11 PM
    Well seems I will have to do something more destructive as this issue still is here. Now I'm at work so will have to live with it for couple weeks. I didn't take it back so now stuck with it. Maybe 10.3 will show this week and save the day. Till then or I get home I will be annoyed. Or put the Sim back into my Q10. Thanks for the support.

11-30-16 06:24 PM
    Well seems I will have to do something more destructive as this issue still is here. Now I'm at work so will have to live with it for couple weeks. I didn't take it back so now stuck with it. Maybe 10.3 will show this week and save the day. Till then or I get home I will be annoyed. Or put the Sim back into my Q10. Thanks for the support.

10.3.3 released.

11-30-16 07:39 PM
    Have not done the 10.3.3 yet but did a factory reset and no restore. Lost some info on apps I forgot to backup of course but so far no flickering hub or crashed browser. Funny thing is I got my Q10 running and restored the backup from classic onto it and it started the hub flicker and blanking out. So that is why I gave it another totally fresh shot. Even lost my password keeper as I wiped the q10 before thinking about it. Life will go on and if this phone works now I will be OK with it. Enjoying the larger screen.

Typed on this classic phone
    12-02-16 01:19 PM
    Curious do you have and or use Face10? I read in one of the myriad of forums on the newer OS that app was causing a flicker issue. And removing and re-installing I believe (*I do not personally use the app) fixed the flicker. Odd issue. Hope you find a fix quickly.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    12-02-16 02:52 PM