I have tried to reach out to BB via their social media and have gotten nothing,

I receive my phone on 7/1 and on 7/3 the SYM key fell off. Now 3 days later the Shift key next to it fell off. You cant even put the keys back on. This phone is in perfect (except the keys condition). I put a case and screen protector on it right away. I looked online and see that this has been happening.

This voids the warrant as its damage and its $200 for another phone through AT&T or $100 through Blackberry. Has anyone that has seen this happen found a successful solution?
    07-07-15 11:35 AM
    Unless you did something to cause the keys to fall off (highly doubtful) - this problem should be a warranty covered issue. And given that you just got the device a few days ago, you should be given a replacement.

Where did you purchase the device? Wherever that is - you should contact them to exchange it for a new unit.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2204/841 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    07-07-15 12:05 PM
    Hm, second Classic already, switched to get the AT&T version with wireless charging, that hasn't happened to either one. And it doesn't make sense that you can't get it replaced if it was only 2 days old. Amazon would have sent me a new phone before I could finish my sentence. Got any pics?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-07-15 07:37 PM
    My "p" key fell off due to me pulling my phone from my pocket while hanging from a thread. I've tried many times to just place back in the "empty key space" but it kept falling off. What I did was grab my girlfriends nail glue and glue the "p" to its spot :-) worked like a charm...

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 07:22 AM
    Foxconn at their best.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    07-08-15 07:30 AM
    Garbage BlackBerry quality control again.
    harshik likes this.
    07-08-15 08:45 AM
    Pics? Sounds fishy. Why go to social media? Just return it for a refund or replacement. This is the first I've heard of keys falling off, and I'm well read on common defects.
    07-08-15 08:51 AM
    Pic or it didn't happen OP with first post registered in 2007

Via Pasta CB10
    07-08-15 08:54 AM
    Pic or it didn't happen OP with first post registered in 2007

Via Pasta CB10
    I think that's a point for him not against him.. means he has been around for so long but he's definitely not a whiner

Posted via CB10
    tollfeeder likes this.
    07-08-15 10:33 AM
    I believe it. Just touching on the bottom of the keys will make them tilt forward just enough to scare you into thinking it'll pop off

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 12:36 PM
    I believe it. Just touching on the bottom of the keys will make them tilt forward just enough to scare you into thinking it'll pop off

Posted via CB10
    Strange how that hasn't happened to either of the two Classics I've had including the one I'm actively using now. And I'm not at all gentle with it. I throw it around all of the times. Sometime I just toss it on my couch from like 5-6 ft away, and plenty of times it would bounce off and and fall on the ground. I toss it onto my desk from a foot away all of the time. I type a whole lot (as you can tell), I guess mine must be magical...

07-08-15 12:48 PM
    Strange how that hasn't happened to either of the two Classics I've had including the one I'm actively using now. And I'm not at all gentle with it. I throw it around all of the times. Sometime I just toss it on my couch from like 5-6 ft away, and plenty of times it would bounce off and and fall on the ground. I toss it onto my desk from a foot away all of the time. I type a whole lot (as you can tell), I guess mine must be magical...

To be fair, I've had two defective ATT Classics in a row and you haven't. Luck of the draw. The unlocked Classic has a noticeably different build quality and key feel from my experience with the two others I've handled (which you also haven't experienced in the past).
    07-08-15 08:54 PM
    To be fair, I've had two defective ATT Classics in a row and you haven't. Luck of the draw. The unlocked Classic has a noticeably different build quality and key feel from my experience with the two others I've handled (which you also haven't experienced in the past).
    I had the unlocked one from Amazon before, then when the AT&T version came out, I swapped out for one since it has wireless charging. I'm still using the AT&T version now.

I mean I understand some differences between different units, but to have multiple keys fall of within days would suggest some kind of design flaw that should be present on all of them unless he got one that was assembled differently.

07-08-15 09:04 PM
    Damn threads

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-08-15 09:20 PM
    One persons experience with this doesn't make it a problem. People take care of phones differently like jamming it into their pockets....who knows.

I'm like the others...picture please.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    07-08-15 09:29 PM
    My "p" key fell off due to me pulling my phone from my pocket while hanging from a thread. I've tried many times to just place back in the "empty key space" but it kept falling off. What I did was grab my girlfriends nail glue and glue the "p" to its spot :-) worked like a charm...

Posted via CB10
    Man ever wondered what we'd do without a good woman?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 09:38 PM
    You realize every version has wireless charging right?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 11:23 PM
    I had the unlocked one from Amazon before, then when the AT&T version came out, I swapped out for one since it has wireless charging. I'm still using the AT&T version now.

I mean I understand some differences between different units, but to have multiple keys fall of within days would suggest some kind of design flaw that should be present on all of them unless he got one that was assembled differently.

I was just playing devil's advocate to make a point, as sample size matters. And there can be bad batches of phones (something I have experienced is multiple replacement phones from the same batch having the exact same defect that isn't present months later).

I agree that keys falling off is a weird one, and not a common defect, and would be taken care of right away if it were true (social media embarrassment not necessary).
    07-08-15 11:32 PM
    There's been another thread with pics showing keys having fallen off

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-08-15 11:35 PM
    There's been another thread with pics showing keys having fallen off

Have a link?

Via Pasta CB10
    07-09-15 04:09 AM
    You realize every version has wireless charging right?

Posted via CB10
    No, we realize that not every version does...

07-09-15 11:44 AM
    Have a link?

Via Pasta CB10
    Here it is - http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=997544

07-10-15 01:03 AM
    I need to see pictures!

Posted from Neverland!
    07-10-15 01:10 AM
    Are you suggesting that the unlocked Shopblackberry / Amazon versions have a higher or a lower level of build quality? I have only ever purchased multiple Playbook from Shopblackberry and maybe looking at a Classic as well. My carrier also offers it and if the only benefit between the 2 is getting OS updates quicker, I would want to go with the best quality.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 03:06 AM
    Are you suggesting that the unlocked Shopblackberry / Amazon versions have a higher or a lower level of build quality? I have only ever purchased multiple Playbook from Shopblackberry and maybe looking at a Classic as well. My carrier also offers it and if the only benefit between the 2 is getting OS updates quicker, I would want to go with the best quality.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    In my experience, unlocked BB10 phones have been of a higher quality and have a better key feel than Carrier branded versions.

This goes for the q10, the classic, and the passport.

And we know that ATT customized the key feel of the carrier-branded Classic and Passport. They made they keys easier to press so there's no break-in period, but that has had the side effect of making the keyboards feel flimsy in comparison to the unlocked versions.

This is just from my experience. I've had multiple encounters with both unlocked and carrier branded models, but such a narrow sample size that my experience could be a fluke.
    curves2000 likes this.
    07-10-15 03:35 PM
35 12