does any of u feel issues with some keys feeling too week and wobbly compared to the other keys on ur classic ? my right hand side keys,especially the few on top rows like p o i u feel so week ..... every time I click them,I can see them tilting back more than the keys on the left side would...is this normal ? gosh..the built quality is not at par in classic i must say

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:03 PM
    No, my keys have all virtually the same clickiness and feedback to them - very good. Only the K and L keys started to make a pretty unhealthy sounding, rather loud clicking noise when I hit them. Not everytime, but quite often.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:16 PM
    No, my keys have all virtually the same clickiness and feedback to them - very good. Only the K and L keys started to make a pretty unhealthy sounding, rather loud clicking noise when I hit them. Not everytime, but quite often.

Posted via CB10
    does any of ur key feel week and wobbly like when i press p...I can see it tilting back a bit more than the other keys.... also I feel the keys on the left feel stronger and lil stiff than the keys on the right...is this something natural or maybe it's just that am feeling this as am new to BB and it's keyboard ?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:26 PM
    No, the keys on a good keyboard should feel all the same.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:57 PM
    No, the keys on a good keyboard should feel all the same.

Posted via CB10
    ok i thought my mind is only assuming things as am new to BB.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 02:59 PM
    In terms of intentional pushing those near end keys (qp etc) they are wobbling a bit, but you can't sense the difference in the actual usage. Made a comparison with the 9900 keyboard and I feel that we are splitting hairs on this

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 05:28 PM
    Yes. My "i" seems weaker and double types. The space bar started double typing too so it's annoying having to delete the period.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 07:46 PM
    My A key is mushy. It's like it's always pressed partway down. The rest of them feel ok.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 08:32 PM
    feels good to know that am not the only one experiencing these things....CB is a great,great platform for people using BB....guys,do u think with time ? ..along with the keys p o i u,I also noticed that the key on trackpad this side also feel loose like the back and the call end button,pressing these two feels as if the whole toolbelt this side gets pressed in..do u feel these keys may not be able to bear the daily wear and tear of presses and clicks and may get damaged or come out of the board soon? afterall we bought classic paying such a hefty price solely for the keyboard and if that too is of low quality and gives us such feelings...its not good .... my old fone's keys still feel solid even after 3. 5 years of heavy use.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by preeti111; 04-18-15 at 12:55 AM.
    04-18-15 12:43 AM
    The right side of my toolbelt also feels not as good as the left side, it's creaking and feels odd, kind of sticky. It just feels and sounds "used" and not like a just three months old device.

Same goes for a couple of keys on the keyboard, which makes the already mentioned louder clicking sound, so far it doesn't have any impacts on functionality, but it is kind of disturbing while typing. Again, a just three months old device shouldn't sound like this. Also it seems like another key on the left side starts with that louder click.

So far I have to say I am waaaaay more convinced of the Q10s build quality. All double-typing issues aside (which doesn't seem to be fixed on the Classic anyways!), I can only say the keyboard of my Q10 felt almost identical after 15 months of use like it did on day one prior sending it in due to double-typing.

Posted via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    04-18-15 02:05 AM
    I'm happy with my Classic keyboard. All keys click evenly. Feels great to type on, like right now.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 02:07 AM
    The right side of my toolbelt also feels not as good as the left side, it's creaking and feels odd, kind of sticky. It just feels and sounds "used" and not like a just three months old device.

Same goes for a couple of keys on the keyboard, which makes the already mentioned louder clicking sound, so far it doesn't have any impacts on functionality, but it is kind of disturbing while typing. Again, a just three months old device shouldn't sound like this. Also it seems like another key on the left side starts with that louder click.

So far I have to say I am waaaaay more convinced of the Q10s build quality. All double-typing issues aside (which doesn't seem to be fixed on the Classic anyways!), I can only say the keyboard of my Q10 felt almost identical after 15 months of use like it did on day one prior sending it in due to double-typing.

Posted via CB10
    so....we should not be bothered abt it ? yes,i agree....pressing those keys feel lil disturbing...I always fear they may come out if I kept on pressing them

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 02:10 AM
    My 'k' is mushy. But other than that the rest feel pretty solid. It hasn't caused an issue thus far. Just annoying.

Has anyone ever had a key actually come off? I remember my old curve (8300??) which had the individual separated keys. They were all wobbly but never came off.
    Last edited by johnnyshinta; 05-19-15 at 01:48 PM.
    05-19-15 01:33 PM
    I don't like my China made Classic. The keyboard seems alright but I get double typing on random keys on random days, I have a couple of small chips in the frets and a couple of spots chipped on the bottom and where the charger goes looks like **** and chipped up. I know Chen needs to save money but if you build junk you will just lose more people. China is not known for quality products. If this is what we have to look forward to with Classic, leap,Z3 and slider maybe time for me to move on. I sold my Passport for this Classic what a big mistake. I love the phone ,if was built with 9900 quality I would be so happy and content.

Has anybody be able to find parts for the Classic? I found screens but now that are building China products I can't find replacement parts.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 08:26 PM
    Nope,all my keys are great

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 09:04 PM
    All my keys are doing excellent. Never encountered a problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 07:11 AM
    So far, so good.. keyboard feels sturdy

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-20-15 08:17 AM
    If the keys are not feeling right perhaps there is a fit issue with the phone itself. Take it to your provider and let someone who is trained look at it. In general Blackberry Hardware is usually very solid.
    05-20-15 09:47 AM
    No one at Verizon will give me a replacement. At least not from the stores around me. They wouldn't take back phones that had dust under the screen

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 03:47 PM
    My first classic had the back and end key really bad, returned and the second one had lightbleed on the space key due to bad painting, fixed it with marker, so stayed with it, but none of the 2 were perfect
    Always recommending to return if not happy with it
    05-20-15 10:22 PM
    My toolbelt is squishy since I bought it. Didn't know if it's by design or just faulty, but I didn't consider it to be a big enough problem to consider a replacement. The 0 key is definitely less clicky than the rest of the keys but it didn't bother me and the space bar acted strange at some point but that got sorted out somehow. Anyway the keyboard on the classic feels way better then on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 03:21 AM
    I don't have to big of a problem with clicking. I do has a sticky sound on the tool belt and double typing. Now the double typing maybe a processor /OS as its random with random keys on different days and a reboot always helps. The paint peeling is pissing me off since the phone is only a few months old.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 05:21 AM