Those of you who have both the Classic and the Q10, how does the Classic compare with the build quality? I have a Q10 and I think the material used for the keyboard is cheap. It feels very brittle. In contrast, I also have the Passport, and it's keyboard feels so nice in comparison.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 06:48 PM
    I have both and to me I don't feel/see any difference but I also don't have a problem with either.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 06:54 PM
    I have both and to me I don't feel/see any difference but I also don't have a problem with either.

Posted via CB10
    would you keep q10 or classic if you had to choose one? I mean q10 is like half cost of classic though.
    04-11-15 07:00 PM
    Typing on the Classic is a dream.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-11-15 08:36 PM
    There were at least two versions of the Q10 keyboard - and they felt quite different from each other - so it's hard to say for certain.
    04-11-15 08:38 PM
    I have both.
    I've found the Classic is easier to type with but that the quality of both keyboards is pretty much the same.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 09:13 PM
    I have both and find the typing on both to be great. Though I rather the Classic, as it brings me back to the feel of the first Bold (the 9000).

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2582)
    04-11-15 09:20 PM
    I find my Classic's keyboard is less consistent than that of my Bold 9900.

I really enjoy typing on it, don't get me wrong - it is a dream to use and is much quicker than the Bold because of the increased space. I just find though that at some periods during the day the keys feel too soft and loose and wobbly whilst at other times during the day the keyboard feels solid and perfect - it's really very strange and I have no idea what is causing it to be so different and certain times.

Perhaps the keyboard is easily affected by temperature changes or because it is softer than the Bold maybe my hands are just more sensitive to it.

Has anybody else noticed that sometimes you pick up your Classic and the keyboard feels amazing whilst at other times it's rough and inconsistent?

Maybe I'm just weird.

Storm 2 > Bold 9900 > Classic
    04-11-15 10:08 PM
    I have used Q10 and using currently Passport and Classic at the same time. For me, the typing experience on Classic is superior to the other two. It is smooth, structured well, the size of the keyboard and the quality just feels right. The Q10 keyboard is a bit smaller then the one on Classic thus more crowded. Other than that, I do not have anything "bad" to say about Q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 11:09 PM
    I have both. The Q10 feels more like the typing experience on my Curve 8320. The Classic is like the Bold 9900 experience. Better than the Q10. Feels solid and smooth. Love it.

Posted via Classic
    04-12-15 12:01 AM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I have used Q10 and using currently Passport and Classic at the same time. For me, the typing experience on Classic is superior to the other two. It is smooth, structured well, the size of the keyboard and the quality just feels right. The Q10 keyboard is a bit smaller then the one on Classic thus more crowded. Other than that, I do not have anything "bad" to say about Q10.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 12:09 AM
    -1, really, the two compared devices were Q10 and Q20. So in got my interest and attention; -1 is for Q10 or Q20?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 12:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    But now the question is : Is the classic worth the extra money?
    I love my Q10 a lot, but i'm in love with the classic his looks....
    Dunno what to do

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 01:08 AM
    I have both of them , for me there is no problems at all, but in classic it's little bit bigger and more soft as a passport.. in general the Q10 on hand is more comfortable because the size and weight, but believe me the classic is much nice at look and quality specially with the trakpad.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 01:52 AM
    Personally I find the Classic to be superior over Q10. I had both Q10 version, the original one and the one with the revised keyboard. The keys of the Classic are shaped nicer, they are a tad larger, the tactile feedback is better too. I also enjoy that it is more "clicky", however that of course also means the keyboard is louder.

As a verdict, the Q10 has a good keyboard, but the Classic is simply a notch better, typing is pretty impressive. What's less impressive seems to be worse build quality, keyboard feels worse already than my original 16 month old Q and my replaced Q which is now about six months old I think.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 11:23 AM
    I type faster in q10 and really feel more solid this one. Both are great keyboards but classics more clicky and you have all that lighbleed, in q10 letters are closer...
    Q10 is for me better feeling in hand, but classic is my choice for the screen and toolbelt.
    Both are greats...

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 12:02 PM
    I found it worth the extra because of the kb quality and some extra features of the phone such as bigger screen size, tool belt, and built quality

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 12:40 PM
    I had the Q10 for a year and now the classic.

Both feel good but for me, the Classic has a bit more "spring" per keypress. But that could just be because the phone is newer?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 05:05 PM
    I find the classic to be far better for me at least compared to my old q10
    04-12-15 07:27 PM
    I have both. Classic is better.

Q10 feels more like the 9700, while not bad, keys feel smaller and stiffer.

Classic feels like the 9900. Its keys are bigger, a bit softer and much smoother to type on

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-12-15 08:53 PM
    Classic is better for me, I like the Q10 lettering on the actual keys better and Q is great but Classic is best for comfort while typing.

Prefer the 4 rows to the 3 rows on the passport. Where I am constantly hitting the Z key for punctuation. Maybe I never used the pp enough to reprogram my thumbs??? However the pp is great for couch surfing and the screen rez is sweet.

Also kind of like the feeling of the actual material used to make the keys on the Q more than the Classic but don't notice it unless doing a side by side compare.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 11:09 PM
    I find my Classic's keyboard is less consistent than that of my Bold 9900.

I really enjoy typing on it, don't get me wrong - it is a dream to use and is much quicker than the Bold because of the increased space. I just find though that at some periods during the day the keys feel too soft and loose and wobbly whilst at other times during the day the keyboard feels solid and perfect - it's really very strange and I have no idea what is causing it to be so different and certain times.

Perhaps the keyboard is easily affected by temperature changes or because it is softer than the Bold maybe my hands are just more sensitive to it.

Has anybody else noticed that sometimes you pick up your Classic and the keyboard feels amazing whilst at other times it's rough and inconsistent?

Maybe I'm just weird.

Storm 2 > Bold 9900 > Classic
    I did also experience this feeling in 9900. And also in my current Q10. I don't neither know the reason but it's funny thing

But I was also thinking about the temperature or energy on my body because it feels harder some times, while other times it's so easy to click... Maybe another reason could be the position you keep the phone in your hand??!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 02:38 AM
    I prefer typing on the Classic compared to the Q10 as the Classic feels more like the older Bold 9900, which was a dream to type on for the short period of time that I was able to use one. That being said I didn't have any huge issues typing on the Q10, and like anything else it can take a little while to get used to the different feeling of the keys.
    04-13-15 07:48 AM
    Personally I find the Classic to be superior over Q10. I had both Q10 version, the original one and the one with the revised keyboard. The keys of the Classic are shaped nicer, they are a tad larger, the tactile feedback is better too. I also enjoy that it is more "clicky", however that of course also means the keyboard is louder.

As a verdict, the Q10 has a good keyboard, but the Classic is simply a notch better, typing is pretty impressive. What's less impressive seems to be worse build quality, keyboard feels worse already than my original 16 month old Q and my replaced Q which is now about six months old I think.

Posted via CB10
    What do people mean when they talk about the Q10 having had a "revised keyboard"? Did they "upgrade" the keyboard at some point, and if so, how?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 02:57 PM
    I prefer typing on Classic than my Q10. Classic feels like much more softer and clicky keyboard compare to my Q10. I would need to press harder for my Q10. Classic get my vote for typing experience but Q10 still as my daily driver due to its weight and comfort in hand. Classic heavier Just my personal preference. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 12:33 AM
31 12