I bought a used Classic and after I got home I noticed that the keyboard lights up differently from one side to the other... One side the keys are nice and bright and the other side the keys light up a faint dirty yellowish color... Kind of like a dull white...
    Is there any fix for this? Anybody else have this problem? Problem is I have to unlock this to use it and if I get that person to send it back through warranty then Ill get a refurb which cant be unlocked... If I change the keyboard will that fix it?
    12-17-15 04:00 PM
    Why can't a refurb be unlocked
    12-17-15 06:45 PM
    Why can't a refurb be unlocked
    I just remember when I looked for an unlock code in the description it said if RVD is on the label then they couldn't unlock it. I believe RVD is added to the label when BlackBerry ships a phone back through warranty.
    If somebody can prove me wrong that's great because that is what I got out of it...

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 06:59 PM
    I bought a used Classic and after I got home I noticed that the keyboard lights up differently from one side to the other... One side the keys are nice and bright and the other side the keys light up a faint dirty yellowish color... Kind of like a dull white...
    Is there any fix for this? Anybody else have this problem? Problem is I have to unlock this to use it and if I get that person to send it back through warranty then Ill get a refurb which cant be unlocked... If I change the keyboard will that fix it?
    I miss the brightness of the 9900. I wish there were a keyboard brightness setting somewhere.
    Last edited by andy957; 12-19-15 at 01:08 PM.
    12-18-15 10:28 PM
    I once had a Classic where it sure seemed like part of the keyboard was not as well lit as other parts of the keyboard. To me, it's kind of questionable build quality from device to device.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    12-18-15 11:03 PM
    11-05-16 09:27 AM
    There is a good fix on you tube for this, and it's just a loose screw that you. Can easfix yourself, I did it already.
    11-05-16 09:29 AM