If the Classic has much of the same hardware (importantly, the keyboard) as the Q10, will we see the double typing issue crop up on these as well?
    11-22-14 09:41 AM
    If the Classic has much of the same hardware (importantly, the keyboard) as the Q10, will we see the double typing issue crop up on these as well?
    No we won't!
    That's something you can be sure of! Physical keyboard is BlackBerry DNA, something like this will never ever happen again!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    11-22-14 09:45 AM
    No one will be able to provide a definitive answer on this until they have a device in their hand.
    11-22-14 04:08 PM
    No one will be able to provide a definitive answer on this until they have a device in their hand.
    Double type issue is no longer present with the BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 04:24 PM
    Double type issue is no longer present with the BlackBerry Classic.
    Speculation. There's nothing to definitively substantiate the Classic's exemption from keyboard faults. Unless you're assuming that Foxconn in Taiwan has better quality manufacturing standards than Hungary/Canada/Mexico or wherever your Q10 was built.
    11-22-14 09:04 PM
    Speculation. There's nothing to definitively substantiate the Classic's exemption from keyboard faults. Unless you're assuming that Foxconn in Taiwan has better quality manufacturing standards than Hungary/Canada/Mexico or wherever your Q10 was built.
    You must not be familiar.

The double type issue isn't present in the Classic, that's not speculation.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:36 PM
    Well, I'm not so sure about that.

a) The final Classic hasn't been released;

b) It took a few months of heavy use before my Q10 started a little double-typing -- nobody's had the as-yet-unreleased-final Classic that long.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 01:18 AM

b) It took a few months of heavy use before my Q10 started a little double-typing -- nobody's had the as-yet-unreleased-final Classic that long.

Posted via CB10
    Agree, unless one can provide information on BlackBerry changing the keyboard technology so that double-typing is entirely impossible, one can only speculate.
    11-23-14 02:03 AM
    Agree, unless one can provide information on BlackBerry changing the keyboard technology so that double-typing is entirely impossible, one can only speculate.
    I guess you can't say anything is impossible, but it has been claimed that BB has found the issue and has changed the design on upcoming models to prevent it.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-23-14 04:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you know who DYLANHABKIRK is...
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    11-23-14 09:05 AM
    I agree here. It is definitely not present.
    11-27-14 08:33 PM
    Scared to try the Classic because of the double typing issue. I waited for months to get the Q10 and having those keyboard issues after 2 months was such a huge disappointment.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 09:22 PM
    so beautiful ( besides 9900)
    Classic keyboard-71678a14jw1ek75yryro0j21kw11xdq1.jpg
    11-29-14 11:19 PM
    I guess you can't say anything is impossible, but it has been claimed that BB has found the issue and has changed the design on upcoming models to prevent it.

Where has it been claimed ? Show us some sources.

Who is he... ? A BB community manager ?

Anyway, no one can say with certainty that there won't be any double typing issues on the Classic.

The Q10 s***** keyboard shows its issues after months of use, my issues occured after 3 months... So we won't be sure before mid-2015 about the reliabilty of this new Classic.
    11-30-14 05:44 AM
    Has anyone noticed that the keys on Classic keyboard are very similar to the keys on the 9900 and not the Q10? I was hoping for the ergonomic keyboard, as I did not type as fast with the Q10 keyboard. Maybe with the 9900 keys, it'll be more like typing on the 9900.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-30-14 06:29 AM
    I'm sure that blackberry discovered the issue with the keyboard given there were Q10's made well after the initial release that never had the issue. I highly doubt that the classic will run into the same issues. But there will be those that'll come from android central and tipB with one or two posts to their name claiming that the classic does, in fact, have the double typing issue when they don't even own one. Expect it folks.

I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Posted via my Classic Passport
    11-30-14 07:24 AM
    Scared to try the Classic because of the double typing issue. I waited for months to get the Q10 and having those keyboard issues after 2 months was such a huge disappointment.

Posted via CB10
    Don't be scared at all. Blackberry would never release a device knowing that the double typing issue could creep up again.

11-30-14 07:26 AM
    Don't be scared at all. Blackberry would never release a device knowing that the double typing issue could creep up again.

How do you know?
    Btw I hope so...but I dont believe them!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:22 AM
    Who is he?Is he the responsible engineer for the Classic keyboard, to know that now everything should be fine?!
    I saw some design mockups from him, thats all.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    11-30-14 09:26 AM
    After fixing the double type issue on my Blackberry 9100 Pearl over and over again (by replacing the keyboard), I came to think that double typing issue is a real possibility on any Blackberry. Indeed some of the keys already started doing it on my 9900.

It is commonly belived, that the double typing issue seems to arise from moisture getting under the keys, more exactly into what's called keyboard membrane.

So in order to prevent that, Blackberry would have to develop a keyboard, that is absolutely water proof and moisture proof and that probably won't be an easy task, especially from what I have seen looking at the design of the Pearl 9100.

I guess nothing is impossible though.

BTW: as remedy, I try not to have the phone on me or close to my body during a workout. Also I belive it is best not to asnwer or operate the phone with wet hands. So basically I try to avoid anything that would bring moisture to the keyboard.
    Mr4aces and anon(9184750) like this.
    11-30-14 10:00 AM
    Where has it been claimed ? Show us some sources.

Who is he... ? A BB community manager ?

Anyway, no one can say with certainty that there won't be any double typing issues on the Classic.

The Q10 s***** keyboard shows its issues after months of use, my issues occured after 3 months... So we won't be sure before mid-2015 about the reliabilty of this new Classic.
    Kevin said it a while back. Can't link to it because I don't remember where it was, lol.

11-30-14 11:12 AM
    Kevin said it a while back. Can't link to it because I don't remember where it was, lol.

Ok so there is no source...
    11-30-14 12:14 PM
    Here's one of those analogy problems you used to get in school. If sources and data = credibility, then no sources and no data = what?
    11-30-14 12:28 PM
    Ok so there is no source...
    Sorry I don't memorize where and when every last word is said by everyone. My brain isn't as good as yours unfortunately. *cries*

11-30-14 03:45 PM
    I am going to believe that a company that bases a good portion of its portfolio on a physical keyboard device that they found and fixed the issue before the next release.

I'm experiencing the double typing issue a little bit on my Q10 which is usually auto corrected and I'm still looking forward to the Classic.

Posted via Q10
    11-30-14 06:05 PM
26 12