Hi there,

I appreciate I'm about one of five people on the planet still using a BB Classic but I am now finally morphing over to the Key2 [Have owned one for nearly a year and have just been procrastinating!]

Anyway - I've have the 'Device Switch' app on the Classic from when I switched to it years ago and the Key2 has 'Content Transfer' app which I've tapped 'this is my new device' on - it prompts for the google account transfer - which I don't presently have so have clicked 'use another method' which directs me to go to www.blackberry.com/transfer to download 'BlackBerry Content Transfer' app

Unfortunately www.blackberry.com/transfer doesn't seem to exist [I just get redirected to the BB homepage] and I cant find a downloadable version of 'BlackBerry Content Transfer' app anywhere to successfully download n my BB Classic.

Please could someone help with an idiot's guide / links - the transfer to my classic all those years ago was so easy, photos, contacts, calendar - the lot just click and leave and I was really hopeful that would be the case again.

Many, many thanks in advance CrackBerry team - really appreciate the guidance.
    11-28-21 06:12 AM
    Hi there,

I appreciate I'm about one of five people on the planet still using a BB Classic but I am now finally morphing over to the Key2 [Have owned one for nearly a year and have just been procrastinating!]

Anyway - I've have the 'Device Switch' app on the Classic from when I switched to it years ago and the Key2 has 'Content Transfer' app which I've tapped 'this is my new device' on - it prompts for the google account transfer - which I don't presently have so have clicked 'use another method' which directs me to go to www.blackberry.com/transfer to download 'BlackBerry Content Transfer' app

Unfortunately www.blackberry.com/transfer doesn't seem to exist [I just get redirected to the BB homepage] and I cant find a downloadable version of 'BlackBerry Content Transfer' app anywhere to successfully download n my BB Classic.

Please could someone help with an idiot's guide / links - the transfer to my classic all those years ago was so easy, photos, contacts, calendar - the lot just click and leave and I was really hopeful that would be the case again.

Many, many thanks in advance CrackBerry team - really appreciate the guidance.
    There is an app on BlackBerry World called "BlackBerry Content Transfer".

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=CA
    11-28-21 12:23 PM
    Many thanks for the link - I have the 'no network connection' blackberry world issue, have been following the 'developer mode fix' videos out there and having the joy of not being able to connect to the phone through chrome as I'm assuming BitDefender is stopping it from happening... so need to try and fix that before I can try and find then install the content transfer app.

The app doesn't exist anywhere else at all to your knowledge to download? The link you kindly provided launches the blackberry world app on my phone and wont allow me to download on my PC

Man am I ever kicking myself for not going sooner, classic - priv - key2 but I really did [and still do] like the classic [size, weight, keyboard, track button, there's very little I'd change and the key2 seems good, I just half expected a key3 to come out and I could jump to something for another umteen years haha!]

Thanks for the advice :-)
    11-30-21 04:44 AM
    Many thanks for the link - I have the 'no network connection' blackberry world issue, have been following the 'developer mode fix' videos out there and having the joy of not being able to connect to the phone through chrome as I'm assuming BitDefender is stopping it from happening... so need to try and fix that before I can try and find then install the content transfer app.

The app doesn't exist anywhere else at all to your knowledge to download? The link you kindly provided launches the blackberry world app on my phone and wont allow me to download on my PC

Man am I ever kicking myself for not going sooner, classic - priv - key2 but I really did [and still do] like the classic [size, weight, keyboard, track button, there's very little I'd change and the key2 seems good, I just half expected a key3 to come out and I could jump to something for another umteen years haha!]

Thanks for the advice :-)
    The app is not available elsewhere, no.

Try DDBT instead of the Chrome extension.
    11-30-21 01:41 PM
    Have been round the houses - have got blackberry world working! Downloaded Content Transfer successfully.... got all excited that I could back up to Google Drive.... logged into google drive [which I have PLENTY of space on...] google error 403 rate_limit_exceeded - which I don't understand at all and given it isn't my app I cant request for more quote through drive so I'm a bit stumped.... have emailed a support request to google... will see if they respond.....
    12-06-21 07:36 AM
    The app is not available elsewhere, no.
    I believe some OS's have it pre-installed, from which could be extracted?
    12-06-21 01:29 PM
    I believe some OS's have it pre-installed, from which could be extracted?
    I was referring to the BB10 app. It's only available on BlackBerry World.
    12-06-21 01:30 PM
    Have been round the houses - have got blackberry world working! Downloaded Content Transfer successfully.... got all excited that I could back up to Google Drive.... logged into google drive [which I have PLENTY of space on...] google error 403 rate_limit_exceeded - which I don't understand at all and given it isn't my app I cant request for more quote through drive so I'm a bit stumped.... have emailed a support request to google... will see if they respond.....
    Exactly what content do you need transferred? There may be better ways.
    12-06-21 01:30 PM
    The whole shebang - when I last swapped phones [BB10 to BB10 admitedly] - the device switch app was great, set up the two phones, leave them swapping over. The key2 seems obsessed with importing from goggledrive, which would be great if my classic would talk to google drive, which this 403 error seems to be indicating it wont. So next stop is to try via a new media card and see if the key2 will recognise that and import.

As you can imagine - its only really out of hours that I can try this as the phone constantly rings otherwise, I was so pleased when I'd sorted the app via app world as conite recommended to me - and it took me to google drive and I though "epic, here we go" then "drat!!! back to the drawing board"

Really appreciate everyone's advice and input, proper classy stuff
    12-07-21 05:22 AM