Listen, I have had the "Classic" yet it isn't panning out when all things are considered.

Why name this device the "Blackberry Classic" with NON REMOVABLE BATTERY ! The battery size isn't even that big. I made two phone calls one about 11 minutes, the other 15min.....I use SMS/BBM throughout the day and that is IT aside receiving less than 5 emails today. While I have my Note 4 connected via Bluetooth playing music while I am at work all day, ALL my social media apps no voice or sms on this line since no one has the number lol and only one gmail account.

I HATE using my device while it is charging so I buy spare batteries
    Note 4 had 52% battery at around 6:20pm when I checked it and the Classic is currently on the charger since I may be going out later on I can't risk it with it already being at 31%

Not to mention the SOC ...while for what "I" primarily use it for, I can "accept it" but c'mon it is a time in day where you have got to go all or nothing! and from a financial perspective it is hard to accept a pretty significant price tag considering the hardware you get in return. Period. Whether the software can support it or not.

Hopefully the Clasic 2 Q30 does things the right way and I can justify the purchase. Only thing now is I have got to find a new replacement device LOL...I am going to miss this keyboard sooooooooo bad though. Maybe I am just on my period and need to vent LMAO....idk but I am pretty bummed I kept going back n forth but I do love the feel of the device, a bit sluggish at times but I digress, I wish they would have really made the "Classic" ......a classic
    01-23-15 06:41 PM
    Many of 'us' 99 users felt the same way pre launch. Very few people carry 2 spares and do battery pull 3-4x day with the 9900. I have learned to work around this with the Classic. I use 10,000mAh external battery charger and carry it in a 2nd holster with a 12" jumper. $23.00

http://www.amazon.com/Compact-10000mAh-Portable-External-Technology/dp/B009USAJCC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422060722&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+10000mah
    The "Classic" isn't Classic, I can't get over the Non-Removable Battery and SOC "Classic" / PassPort-41eaz8ozwdl._aa160_.jpg
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-23-15 at 07:06 PM.
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    01-23-15 06:55 PM
    Use the charger that came with the blackberry. Im getting two days use out of my classic!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 06:59 PM
    Use the charger that came with the blackberry. Im getting two days use out of my classic!

Posted via CB10
    Are you on stock OS or on latest leak?

Via BlackBerry Classic 10.3.1.1450 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    01-23-15 07:13 PM
    How long have you had the phone? The battery takes a day or two to settle in.
    01-23-15 07:20 PM
    Many of 'us' 99 users felt the same way pre launch. Very few people carry 2 spares and do battery pull 3-4x day with the 9900. I have learned to work around this with the Classic. I use 10,000mAh external battery charger and carry it in a 2nd holster with a 12" jumper. $23.00

http://www.amazon.com/Compact-10000mAh-Portable-External-Technology/dp/B009USAJCC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422060722&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+10000mah
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41Eaz8OZWDL._AA160_.jpg 
Views:	1389 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	329248
    I have had it a full week now

I don't care to carry around a charger that has to be connected to the device I have an Evecase that holds my devices, so I keep my Note 4 with me and interchange it out as needed but th battery does last me all day.

I do not get long battery time on the Classic and it is disappointing I can't interchange the battery
    01-23-15 07:37 PM
    You will get at least 8 hours from the battery with medium to heavy use. When play cards I might have to play as long as 14 hours.
    01-23-15 07:50 PM
    So far that battery life isn't typical with many Classic users. In fact I have 2 email addresses Twitter Facebook. CB surfing and media as well during the day...and I'm at 24 % at 850pm. 13 hrs 4 mins since off the charger.

No Android apps for me but I know others who have many Android apps and the battery lasts just as long.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-23-15 07:51 PM
    How's the Note 4?

From Classic
    01-23-15 09:35 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41Eaz8OZWDL._AA160_.jpg 
Views:	1389 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	329248
    You running around with a Utility Belt. You aren't the hero Gotham deserves but you are the hero Gotham needs.
    01-28-15 10:55 AM
    Listen, I have had the "Classic" yet it isn't panning out when all things are considered.

Why name this device the "Blackberry Classic" with NON REMOVABLE BATTERY ! The battery size isn't even that big. I made two phone calls one about 11 minutes, the other 15min.....I use SMS/BBM throughout the day and that is IT aside receiving less than 5 emails today. While I have my Note 4 connected via Bluetooth playing music while I am at work all day, ALL my social media apps no voice or sms on this line since no one has the number lol and only one gmail account.

I HATE using my device while it is charging so I buy spare batteries
    Note 4 had 52% battery at around 6:20pm when I checked it and the Classic is currently on the charger since I may be going out later on I can't risk it with it already being at 31%

Not to mention the SOC ...while for what "I" primarily use it for, I can "accept it" but c'mon it is a time in day where you have got to go all or nothing! and from a financial perspective it is hard to accept a pretty significant price tag considering the hardware you get in return. Period. Whether the software can support it or not.

Hopefully the Clasic 2 Q30 does things the right way and I can justify the purchase. Only thing now is I have got to find a new replacement device LOL...I am going to miss this keyboard sooooooooo bad though. Maybe I am just on my period and need to vent LMAO....idk but I am pretty bummed I kept going back n forth but I do love the feel of the device, a bit sluggish at times but I digress, I wish they would have really made the "Classic" ......a classic
    You have both the question and answer with you.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 11:10 AM
    You running around with a Utility Belt. You aren't the hero Gotham deserves but you are the hero Gotham needs.
    Guess you've never played cards before. The external battery is nice even at home. Charges in about an hour.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 12:58 PM
    I have a Q10 - getting Classic next week - but even so I never remove my battery either. I have a power cable on my desk and also have a portable charger from Anker in my backpack as I carry that around with my school books every just in case.
    01-28-15 01:16 PM
    This has also been a concern to me, moving over from Bold 9900. I don't like the idea either of a non-removable battery.

However, having had the Classic in use for just under 2 weeks now, I would agree that the battery life is really not that bad at all - better than my 9900 had with its slightly uprated third-party battery. Indeed, it's actually quite good. I'm typing this at 19:21 and the battery is on 76% - albeit this has been a work day so I don't play with my (personal) phone much at work...

Yes, I would still prefer to have the insurance of a spare battery - but the issue doesn't so far seem to be as serious as I thought it would be.

I would agree with the above poster that the battery seems to take a few days' charging/discharging cycles to reach optimum performance.

Could the original poster possibly have a phone with a below-par battery - suggest she raise it with the retailer?
    eji930 likes this.
    01-28-15 01:23 PM
    How's the Note 4?

From Classic
    It's amazing love the S-Pen

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    01-28-15 06:35 PM
    This has also been a concern to me, moving over from Bold 9900. I don't like the idea either of a non-removable battery.

However, having had the Classic in use for just under 2 weeks now, I would agree that the battery life is really not that bad at all - better than my 9900 had with its slightly uprated third-party battery. Indeed, it's actually quite good. I'm typing this at 19:21 and the battery is on 76% - albeit this has been a work day so I don't play with my (personal) phone much at work...

Yes, I would still prefer to have the insurance of a spare battery - but the issue doesn't so far seem to be as serious as I thought it would be.

I would agree with the above poster that the battery seems to take a few days' charging/discharging cycles to reach optimum performance.

Could the original poster possibly have a phone with a below-par battery - suggest she raise it with the retailer?
    I have noticed the battery to improve so it does get me through the day I guess.

I'm just used to running my note 4 to 4% and popping in a fresh battery and back active in less than 44sec. I dont prefer to use my device while its on the charger, espcially since this device has a port right below the keyboard which makes typing difficult.

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    01-28-15 06:39 PM
    if you are still guessing " i might be on the period " you might be. I would really be doing some soul searching about my occupation or my environment if I were having to drain a Z30 and newer BB10 device during a 9-5. Im generation X and there is no way I want to work that mobil or on a little screen all of the time. Screw that mr stupid manager boss.
    01-28-15 06:57 PM
    I've had the Classic for a couple of days. Early observations:

Love the keyboard, love the size, love 10.3.

Like the utility belt, like the battery life.

Dislike the weight, dislike the return button closing apps (has screwed me a couple of times already).

I like this phone, but I think the belt is a step backwards after the Q10. I would have preferred a larger screen and no belt. Also, it's too heavy for me. Compared to my 5S, it's crazy. Great phone for biz, that's all.

Does the stock charger really make a difference on charging and battery life?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 07:40 PM