I've only posted a couple of times, but continue to struggle with the best phone solution for me. I currently use an iPhone8, after using the KEYone, hoping and trying to love it, but ultimately accepting the fact that I didn't. However, I really miss that keyboard, so I'm considering getting a Classic to use WITH the iPhone. As you all know, the Classic has limited (and I'm being kind) app availability, so why not carry two phones? Is anyone else doing this? If so, please share your experience. Worth the hassle of carrying two phones?
    01-02-18 02:18 PM
    I tried BlackBerry android and it wasn't for me. My favorite BlackBerry 10 phone is The Classic. I always have it on or around me but ultimately rely on Iphone for most things. Wish I could say I could use classic exclusively. However can't kick the BlackBerry habit and most likely never will. I enjoy them too much. I don't dual carry all day but still use Classic to send e mails and just to enjoy. As an FYI I link my I phone calendar/contacts through Icloud using cal dav and card dav on my Classic. Makes it a little easier have the two functions in sync and can set up appointments and update contacts on either device and will mirror on the other. Just do a caldav set up on BB 10 device search and you'll see the step by step set up. It's very easy. You will also have to use a device specific password from apple also very easy. Whole thing will take 15-20 mins. Have fun with it.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 07:58 PM
    if you're carrying the classic for texting and email and using the iPhone as secondary number for the apps, dual carry is OK. The only problem are the apps that link to your number and you prefer to use primary number for things.
    01-02-18 08:16 PM
    Thanks guys! As far as the usage of the Blackberry, it would only be for emailing. While I would love to carry it as my daily driver, it just isn't possible due to it's limitations. I will still use the iPhone as my primary phone. I don't mind texting on the iPhone, as those are usually very short messages. However, as Chuck states, I still need to keep my primary number on the iPhone because of all that apps that have that number linked. Just ordered my new Classic. It's dual carry for me!
    eiruvrav likes this.
    01-03-18 12:41 PM
    Is the KEYone that bad that it would be a better experience to have to think about carrying and charging 2 phones? Not to mention double the cell radiation, and iphone 8 and classic are quite high up there in the DAS/SAR charts (where lower is obviously better)
    01-09-18 02:19 PM
    Is the KEYone that bad that it would be a better experience to have to think about carrying and charging 2 phones? Not to mention double the cell radiation, and iphone 8 and classic are quite high up there in the DAS/SAR charts (where lower is obviously better)
    I wanted to reply earlier but I was still inside the decontamination chamber I built in the hall closet.
    arfeo likes this.
    01-09-18 04:32 PM
    Hello, I have K1 and passport. The battery of the latter is dying. Am planning to buy Classic in the place of BBP. Do you think it's wise now to buy classic at this time as the BlackBerry 10 is going to phase out. If I can use the Classic for three more years it would be OK. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 05:47 AM
    Hello, I have K1 and passport. The battery of the latter is dying. Am planning to buy Classic in the place of BBP. Do you think it's wise now to buy classic at this time as the BlackBerry 10 is going to phase out. If I can use the Classic for three more years it would be OK. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    Depends on your requirements. I carry variously Passport, K1, Priv, Classic.

Anyway, the Classic has a great keyboard but if you are used to the speed and the screen of the passport, the classic will disappoint you.

I myself would definitely buy a BB10 device again now. They are cheap, and the keyboards are still brilliant. I do a lot of writing and OS is rather irrelevant to this.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 10:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't buy any BB10 device at this point, especially if you need it for 3 years. BlackBerry World is shutting down next year so depending on your usage you might only get a year out of it.
    01-14-18 10:31 AM
    I carry classic for my company number and iphone x for my personal number. Actually I am used to carry two phones since last 4 years. Before, I used to carry blackberry q10 and iphone 6s. Not a problem for me to carry two phones as I cannot relay on classis for everything.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 04:17 AM