Hi all. Is anyone else experiencing an issue with the genuine BlackBerry Classic leather pocket holster where by when you slide the phone into the holster, the volume down key is easily depressed in due to the tightness of the holster and/or the height of the sides.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 03:51 PM
    i have this issue with the leather pocket. Its just the way the phone was designed. Volume buttons a little too high.
    01-10-15 04:22 PM
    That doesn't sound too good. I am waiting for my leather pocket and actually hoped BlackBerry would go back and use a more 9900 inspired design rather than adjusting the Q10 pocket.
    My Q10 also had similar problems, although rather rarely, when taking it in and out of the holster. The pocket was way too stiff, after more than a year it even loosened up my battery cover. The Bold 9900 was less stiff and nicely padded inside, it didn't suffer form those problems.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 04:37 PM
    Yes I hope it's not going to be an issue for the phone. I just feel much more secure knowing that my phone is in the holster rather than just being bare in my pocket. You really can't get better protection for the phone. It covers trackpad and keyboard so I imagine it provides the best protection to those parts of the phone.

In order to prevent the volume button being pushed, I slide it in carefully whilst keeping the phone as far to the left as I can. I don't think an occasional press of the volume button by the side of the holster would cause any issue to the phone. But you would have thought that BlackBerry would have identified this issue prior to release of the holster.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 04:46 PM
    I had the issue with my Z10, then my Q10, and my Z30. What I found, which I admit makes NO sense, was if you slide the phone into the holster with screen FACING IN, I never had the issue as it seemed a bit more loose.

But if you do that, the notification LED is covered so you can't just leave your phone in the holster and put the holster on the desk, table, etc. Pretty sure the phone screen should face out so the LED shows which is why the flap or strap has always been aligned where it is, right?

I have just gotten use to putting them in with the screen facing inward, so that's the only advice I can offer. That or maybe once a Platinum or Seido holster comes out?

CB10 app via VZW Q10
    01-10-15 05:02 PM