Got a notice that I had some up-dates available. The first call I made post up-date, the handset volume was weird...too low, tinny, and crackly (almost like a blown speaker on a stereo or PA system).

I haven't dropped the phone, so I'm guessing it isn't mechanical. The software up-date could be only coincidental, however.

Did standard "turn it off, turn it on again" to no avail. Ran BBVA, to no avail. Quickly Googled the issue, to no avail.

I called T-mobile. They said turn it off and on again. Doesn't work? Let's just exchange it. So I said hold up, let me call Blackberry.

Was on the phone with them (using speaker phone so I can hear) this morning. They did time stamp and then sent in logs. Now I wait up to 24 hours for them to call back with solution or suggestions.

Thought I'd throw that out here in case anyone else runs into the problem, as they said they have a host of issues since the last up-date.

Or....if anyone else has run into this and has suggestions or solutions, I'm all ears!

Thanx!
    07-10-15 11:36 AM
    I also have a T-Mobile issue'd Classic running OS10.3.2.798 ... The call clarity on my device is phenomenal... If they are willing to do a device swap under warranty I'd consider it... BlackBerry isn't usually very helpful when the device is carrier issued... They'll more than likely have no real answer for you but will instead advise you to perform the device swap...

Just curious, I know you said you've rebooted, but have you done so via a soft reset (pressing and holding volume up/down key?)

Also, have you tried using your Classic from another area/tower? T-Mobile is doing a lot of remodeling to its' network, could be the issue right there... If possible, try placing a call from another area with full network signal and see if that makes a difference just to rule that issue out as being the culprit...

Posted via CB10
    skinnydevil likes this.
    07-10-15 11:54 AM
    Thanx for the reply!

Yes, I held down end key to turn off, held down power button to turn off, and held down both volume keys to turn off. None of it worked, unfortunately.

re: T-mobile tower...good idea! Hadn't thought of that one. Not sure how I'd do that without serious travel (ideas?), but would it be similar if I simply shut off the tower option and made the call via Wi-Fi?
    07-10-15 05:59 PM
    Thanx for the reply!

Yes, I held down end key to turn off, held down power button to turn off, and held down both volume keys to turn off. None of it worked, unfortunately.

re: T-mobile tower...good idea! Hadn't thought of that one. Not sure how I'd do that without serious travel (ideas?), but would it be similar if I simply shut off the tower option and made the call via Wi-Fi?
    The Classic isn't WFC enabled yet... I wish it could be that simple... An OS is currently in the Manufacturer's Development stage as per T-Mobiles software update page, so hopefully that progresses and pushes out soon... Meanwhile, if you use a 3rd party VoIP, definitely give it a go...

Also, you shouldn't have to travel that far, maybe just take a journey to a neighboring town of try a call if you've traveled across town or something... Experiment here and there and see if you note a difference... You can check T-Mobile's coverage maps for your area and see if there is anything noted there as far as their network spectrum upgrades/refarming/etc... That may help you pin point an issue or give you a better idea without having to go anywhere...

Posted via CB10
    skinnydevil likes this.
    07-10-15 06:41 PM