So I switched to a Priv a few months ago and haven't been using the Classic. It died and was unable to charge for a while, but eventually it did. However I started noticing that when the phone is booting up, the speaker pops the hiss a few times. When the phone is on and I wake it, it does it also. It also won't play music through the speakers, sometimes won't give me the picture password and just shows a blank screen.

Anyone experience anything like this?

I can't seem to find the BBVE app also.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 07:50 PM
    Reload or update the OS. It will feel loved again.
    12-14-16 08:00 PM
    Reload or update the OS. It will feel loved again.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I just updated the OS. Still the same.
    The sim is not in it but that shouldn't case this.
    12-14-16 09:18 PM
    Was there any water damage? Battery not charging and speaker hiss/pop can be a symptom of water having ruined some of the internals.
    12-15-16 12:40 AM
    Was there any water damage? Battery not charging and speaker hiss/pop can be a symptom of water having ruined some of the internals.
    No water damage.
    The only unusual thing that happened was it died while being off and when I realised and tried to charge it wouldn't. I gave up on trying for a while and one day I plugged it in and it charged. It was then after turning it on I heard the popping & hiss plus not giving me the picture password or regular pass code screen. I had to restart it and eventually it gave me the regular pass code screen. It still sometimes does this even after I updated to the latest OS last night.
    It was a perfectly working phone until then.
    12-15-16 12:54 PM
    No water damage.
    The only unusual thing that happened was it died while being off and when I realised and tried to charge it wouldn't. I gave up on trying for a while and one day I plugged it in and it charged. It was then after turning it on I heard the popping & hiss plus not giving me the picture password or regular pass code screen. I had to restart it and eventually it gave me the regular pass code screen. It still sometimes does this even after I updated to the latest OS last night.
    It was a perfectly working phone until then.
    OK, sorry for your troubles. I hope someone else might be able to chime in with some recommendations/suggestions. Good luck.
    Fastmarc likes this.
    12-16-16 10:56 AM
    Interestingly this would be the 1st phone I've ever had that gave up the ghost (seemingly) including a Motorola that fell into the sea (Yep, salt water) in 2006 and will still power up to this day.
    Too bad...
    12-18-16 08:52 AM
    [ATTACH]414670[/AT

De

Dd.

Sqsgn

Classic gone haywire from of use?-img-20160310-wa000.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Classic gone haywire from of use?-img-20161220-wa0004.jpg  
    12-21-16 11:36 AM