When I got my passport I fell in love with the OS and how fast everything was so I decided to get the classic. I was expecting the same but boy was I wrong. The classic has the better keyboard hands down but it's so slow. When I open an app it hangs on a black screen for about 20 seconds. Everything seems a lot slower.i will be sending it back and going to keep my passport. I know some people love this phone and will defend it all the way but let's be real... this phone is just not that great.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy and NtotheK like this.
    01-10-15 08:08 AM
    I had the Q10 for more than one and a half year and never experienced such long loading times even once. My Classic is just a couple of hours old, but all I can say is that I don't experience such long loadings either. Sure the Passport is faster due to the significantly upgraded SoC, however it is not drastic by far in daily use.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 08:14 AM
    Yea when I got mine the first day it was super fast! Then I got the apps that I use and loaded my accounts and that's when things went down hill.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 08:18 AM
    Yup. Classic is slow in many functions but its the only modern trackpad show in town so forced to put up with the lag.
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-10-15 08:28 AM
    I will tolerate the slower performance for the forum factor and functionality. I also had a passport and yes its fast, big screen and so on, but for me, the classic is better suited for one handed use and since I don't watch videos or play games on my device. I find the classic fits my needs perfectly.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    donemt, Naeg1995, Qaddafi and 4 others like this.
    01-10-15 08:53 AM
    The only time I've experienced any lag opening apps is with android. I don't have that many of them installed as either they are not what I expected or they simply suck up too much battery.

The battery on the Classic is amazing as it lasts me all day long now as opposed to popping a new battery in my Z10 every 5 or 6 hours.

Performance wise I know it won't be the same as the PP and I accept that. I accept the fact it doesn't have a jaw dropping camera on it...it's a good camera but I knew that going in.

It's a great phone for the price and I'm glad BlackBerry made it. If you go in with eyes wide open, you'll find this is the best phone IMO for what you need.

Posted via CB10 on the FrankUnderwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-10-15 09:04 AM
    OP, which activities on your Classic were slow? Are we talking about multimedia apps?

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    01-10-15 09:05 AM
    I came from passport too and didnt notice much difference when opening apps. Well probably one second delay on the classic versus the passport. I wouldnt mind the slight delay. I now still prefer the classic due to its size and form factor.
    01-10-15 09:06 AM
    Coming from Passport to Classic is like going back on Windows XP from 7 or 8. Expect a delay or lags but all should be fine. Glad, I don't have such issue between my Q10 and Passport they're all both smooth and gets my job done!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1949
    yessuz likes this.
    01-10-15 09:16 AM
    Are there certain apps you experience this with? I have never had to wait 20 seconds to open an app. 3 or 4 at most. Not a problem.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-10-15 09:27 AM
    I am not experience this slow lag that has been mentioned. And I have some Android banking and news apps that I use. Maybe because my phone is new? Will evaluate once it has been weeks.

Posted via Classic
    01-10-15 09:28 AM
    For native apps, Classic is fast enough. If you need Android apps and have used super phones before, you will notice Classic being slow. If you are coming from legacy BlackBerry and have never used an iPhone or a decent Android phones, you are likely to be happy with Classic's performance.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    Accountress likes this.
    01-10-15 09:52 AM
    It's slow because it wants to spend more time with you.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 10:26 AM
    Coming from Passport to Classic is like going back on Windows XP from 7 or 8. Expect a delay or lags but all should be fine. Glad, I don't have such issue between my Q10 and Passport they're all both smooth and gets my job done!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1949
    Don't you ever compare BlackBerry 10 software to Microsoft Windows again, thanks!

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    Carl Thomson likes this.
    01-10-15 10:27 AM
    I was debating on getting a classic. Now that I know about laggy android apps I might reconsider. Why can't bb just make a really good android runtime. Like virtually native. I swear. This is the only missing piece of the puzzle left.
    01-10-15 11:02 AM
    I was debating on getting a classic. Now that I know about laggy android apps I might reconsider. Why can't bb just make a really good android runtime. Like virtually native. I swear. This is the only missing piece of the puzzle left.
    Virtual and native are two opposites. Virtual is always a layer on top of the OS. So not gonna happen.

01-10-15 11:06 AM
    When commenting about apps, you should always have to list them by name. You could be talking about a calculator app, some sort of live feed video app or something web-based.
    01-10-15 11:07 AM
    Virtual and native are two opposites. Virtual is always a layer on top of the OS. So not gonna happen.

You're right. That's an oxymoron. I should have put quotes on it like "virtually runtime". I never thought I would be holding out for apps. But I am now. Instagram fandango seamless. I use these constantly still wondering if blackberry can some day somehow bridge the gap. Is the idea of a android bb 10 hybrid operating system out of the question? Because it's hard to carry two devices and even harder to go back to blackberry apps after experiencing the same apps on iPhone or android.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    01-10-15 11:32 AM
    You're right. That's an oxymoron. I should have put quotes on it like "virtually runtime". I never thought I would be holding out for apps. But I am now. Instagram fandango seamless. I use these constantly still wondering if blackberry can some day somehow bridge the gap. Is the idea of a android bb 10 hybrid operating system out of the question? Because it's hard to carry two devices and even harder to go back to blackberry apps after experiencing the same apps on iPhone or android.
    I understand your reasoning and I should you should go for the device that fits your needs. Have you tried iGrann? I know the official Instagram app has more options, but this dev is pretty slick when it comes to adding features. Don't know about Fandango (I only know the name from WWE), but perhaps there's an alternative for this app as well?

What phone and OS are you using btw?

01-10-15 11:45 AM
    I've heard a few comments re: the Classic being slower then the Q10, especially with Android apps. Don't know why that would be, maybe the different screen?
    01-10-15 12:04 PM
    Some people they just want to think of an app then when they pick up the phone they think that the app would already be there.

Z 30
    01-10-15 12:13 PM

I understand your reasoning and I should you should go for the device that fits your needs. Have you tried iGrann? I know the official Instagram app has more options, but this dev is pretty slick when it comes to adding features. Don't know about Fandango (I only know the name from WWE), but perhaps there's an alternative for this app as well?

Here's my situation. I had the iPhone 4s>bb q10>bb Porsche 9981>iPhone 5s.

Basically I keep flip flopping btw iPhone and blackberry qwerty models. I did use igrann and got some good pics that people complimented me on. It's a decent version for bb 10.

I am reading up on the classic now. Main thing for me is I don't want laggy apps from amazon store. I haven't tried snap yet. If they can work out some of the issues I'm reading on about classic being slow with some apps then I can get one. But for sure bb is catching up. I predict in 2 years the app situation will be fixed. There has to be some technological way for non native apps to run as smoothly as native ones. Come on bb. Get the geniuses to fix this ! Ha
    01-10-15 12:16 PM
    The classic haha
    01-10-15 12:22 PM
    Here's my situation. I had the iPhone 4s>bb q10>bb Porsche 9981>iPhone 5s.

Basically I keep flip flopping btw iPhone and blackberry qwerty models. I did use igrann and got some good pics that people complimented me on. It's a decent version for bb 10.

I am reading up on the classic now. Main thing for me is I don't want laggy apps from amazon store. I haven't tried snap yet. If they can work out some of the issues I'm reading on about classic being slow with some apps then I can get one. But for sure bb is catching up. I predict in 2 years the app situation will be fixed. There has to be some technological way for non native apps to run as smoothly as native ones. Come on bb. Get the geniuses to fix this ! Ha
    You should try the Passport. It has a physical keyboard that takes some getting used to and horsepower you're looking for. Classic will be as slow as Q10 while running Android apps. The Passport also has lag, but it's much faster than the Q10 due to the higher specs. Improvements of the Android runtime will result in better experience and less lag, especially with the Passport specs!

01-10-15 12:29 PM

You should try the Passport. It has a physical keyboard that takes some getting used to and horsepower you're looking for. Classic will be as slow as Q10 while running Android apps. The Passport also has lag, but it's much faster than the Q10 due to the higher specs. Improvements of the Android runtime will result in better experience and less lag, especially with the Passport specs!

Here's an idea. How about a classic with passport specs ? Ha
    01-10-15 03:06 PM
45 12