I fully support John Chen's decision to make Android the primary OS platform for BlackBerry devices. To be clear, I believe BB10OS is superior in every way imaginable as a standalone OS. However Apps are the name of the game and we lack most of the ones that matter. The company has to make money to keep the lights on and as painful as it is, if Android will make that happen then so be it. My ONLY request to the powers in Waterloo is to keep the BB Classic a virgin by not marrying it to Android. It's the most Iconic design in BlackBerry's lineup and as such it should be preserved. Not just for posterity purposes but for a future advanced BB10OS release (maybe version 10.5.2.xxxx). For this reason I am hoping the Android powered BlackBerry devices sell > 15 million annually for the next few years. This way BB can afford to invest in further development of the BB10OS to incorporate most of the great software features which existed in the Bold 9900. This no doubt will take time but I think it will be worth it long term. My dream is that the CLASSIC line will be the only BlackBerry device in BlackBerrys portfolio which runs BB10 OS. Of course the hardware internals will need to be upgraded; I am thinking a modern Qualcomm CPU, removable battery, 3GB of ram plus 32GB of internal storage should be standard at the very least. What say you?
    10-02-15 09:46 PM
    There is no sign of major updates for BlackBerry 10, only security updates 10.3.3 and 10.3.4
    If I were you, I won't get my hope high.
    10-02-15 09:49 PM
    I agree with OP. BlackBerry 10 is superior to all I have ever experienced. Use Android purely for revenue.

Posted via Classic SQC100-3 /
    10-02-15 10:12 PM
    What major updates does bb10 need? It is now approaching maturity and doesn't need major updates as fast as we have seen in the past. It still need attention but just not as often.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 10:26 PM
    It still lacks PGP/SMIME support for non-BES users while other OSes have that option.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    10-02-15 10:39 PM
    Yeah, I don't really need my BlackBerry to do anything. I can't see myself getting a new phone. I'm using a Classic now.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    10-02-15 11:26 PM
    There is no sign of major updates for BlackBerry 10, only security updates 10.3.3 and 10.3.4
    If I were you, I won't get my hope high.
    I agree with you. In my post I indicated a few years down the road.
    10-03-15 12:46 AM
    What major updates does bb10 need?
    None... for an all-touch device. However, compared to some functionalities found on the older Bold 9900, quite a bit.
    10-03-15 12:50 AM
    BBOS10 will work even after Android versions will be launched and running. Phones won't just died.
    What concerned me most is BB apps support. It is known, that API's of twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and others gets upgraded quite regularly and without developer's support those apps will stop working. So, apps support is more important than OS support, if we want it to keep it alive.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 12:53 PM
    If people are still using BOS devices, there's no reason for a BB10 update.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    10-03-15 01:13 PM
    Features that should be "standard" in the next BB10 release: auto off/on, ability to set the phone to vibrate before it starts ringing, capability to sync unlimited tasks & notes with Outlook, Sync time reduced to less than 3 minutes just like the good old days, (as mentioned above) SMIME/PGP support standard. Keep in mind that some of these features/capabilities do exist for devices managed by BES12. Thoughts?
    Last edited by yawdman72; 12-02-15 at 05:25 PM. Reason: symbol reproduction faulty
    12-02-15 05:24 PM
    You mean without an android runtime ? I wouldn't buy it

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 05:59 PM
    I agree with the OP.
    It would be nice to see BB10 better suited to the trackpad and toolbelt.
    Tidy up the OS, and make it that much more efficient to control.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 08:39 PM