Hi All,
    Recently, I purchased a boxed, new and unlocked Classic and have been learning the device on wifi before migrating from a trusty 9930 that just won't quit.
    There's a surprisingly large handful of annoying and vexing Classic quirks that are 9930 non issues, but the instant issue for which I'm seeking a solution is visibility of file names.
    In the Classic File Manager, using list format, file names typically exceed the length of the available field.
    The 9930 auto initiates a zipper style movement to expose entire file names, and continues to do so on a loop.
    On the Classic, is there a way to enable file name zipper style movement?
    Or is there some other way, such as text wrapping, to obviate entire file names...short of reducing character point size?
    Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
    DN
    01-17-18 07:59 PM
    What is a "zipper style movement"? Do you mean a scrolling marquee?

There is no such thing on os10 file manager. There are third party file manager apps in the app store which may or may not have the feature.

There are also around 10,000 other minor niggles with BB10 if you're coming from BBOS.

Why don't you get an Android KEYone and get annoyed with that instead? The learning curve is likely to be similarly annoying and you won't be on an obsolete OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 12:57 AM
    Never had that problem myself. It's probably the first time I read someone complain about the file manager on BlackBerry 10, it's the best app on it.
    I guess it just depends how long your file names are. All my files have normal sized names so I haven't encountered that issue.

GTFOing from BlackBerry !
    01-18-18 01:52 AM
    I usually have the font size in the display settings to the lowest it goes at 5. Helps a bit with that but if its a huge file name your just going to have to look at the properties.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-18 10:53 AM