After some months now using my Classic I found out that the button I mostly use with the reintroduction of the belt is actually the return button. I rarely use the trackpad! And the blackberry logo of settings well, hmmmm, neither.

I don't know if it's just me or anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 07:10 AM
    I use the trackpad and the back button quite a bit. However I hardly use the BB button at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-13-15 07:22 AM
    After some months now using my Classic I found out that the button I mostly use with the reintroduction of the belt is actually the return button. I rarely use the trackpad! And the blackberry logo of settings well, hmmmm, neither.

I don't know if it's just me or anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    I use the return button as well as the trackpad quite often. The trackpad is still fantastic for cut & paste as well as 'select all' via a highlighted scroll. Also, when scrolling through extensive emails or documents the trackpad scrolls without being in the way like it does if using the screen to scroll. When I was on my Q10 I used to find my thumb annoying, like that head in front of you in the movie theater that occasionally got in the way. The trackpad runs better (smoother) without giving me the headache that long-term use of the space bar use to scroll down documents/text provided as well. (Something about the way the space bar scrolls gives me a motion sickness type feel with heavy use...) The BlackBerry menu key I find myself using often, mostly because I'm a lefty and the menu to the left is the more acceptable entry vs the bottom right placement...

Posted via CB10
    ErnstMach, idssteve and Sakura1210 like this.
    06-13-15 07:24 AM
    I use the return button the most, follow by the BB button. BB button is great for double clicking (sending emails and activating the first option). Its also great in clicking once to bring down the quick setting.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 07:40 AM
    I use the return button the most, follow by the BB button. BB button is great for double clicking (sending emails and activating the first option). Its also great in clicking once to bring down the quick setting.

Posted via CB10
    Love these features!

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-13-15 08:43 AM
    follow by the BB button. BB button is great for double clicking ( activating the first option).
    Interesting, did not know the BB had a 'Return/Enter' key logic to it.
    06-13-15 10:56 AM
    After using a Q10 for about two years and moving to the Classic, I do find myself not really needing the toolbelt anymore except for the return button.

I do sometimes wish that the bottom bar didn't appear since there's a toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 10:07 PM
    yes yes yes!
    07-06-15 11:53 PM
    It depends if you started using them from the beginning. I can't use the Classic without the toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    07-07-15 12:16 AM
    Wow I didn't even know about double clicking the BlackBerry icon. I use the return button and the trackpad (sometimes that little magnifier comes up when I touch so I can't get to an exact spot)
    07-07-15 08:47 AM
    The tool belt, more specifically the track pad, is very convenient if you send a lot of emails like I do. When you are ready to send the email, double click the track pad and off it goes.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 08:53 AM
    The tool belt, more specifically the track pad, is very convenient if you send a lot of emails like I do. When you are ready to send the email, double click the track pad and off it goes.

Posted via CB10
    I send a lot of emails too and there's a big "send" button at the top right hand corner that does that in one press. I like the track pad for being able to move the cursor precisely but that's all it does for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 09:30 AM
    Sometimes I wish that send button was at the bottom somewhere. I type one-handed a lot of the time and the track pad is closer for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 09:39 AM
    I hate touching my screen therefore use a trackpad

Posted via CB10
    idssteve and Xenolock like this.
    07-07-15 09:42 AM
    I send a lot of emails too and there's a big "send" button at the top right hand corner that does that in one press. I like the track pad for being able to move the cursor precisely but that's all it does for me.

Posted via CB10
    It's about how far you have to move your thumbs. I'd rather be able to do everything without having to shift my grip or swing my thumb too much than to have to go back and forth between the screen and the physical keys...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-07-15 07:40 PM
    hi all.
    used my q10 for almost two years. great experience. broke it, buy using a micro-sim card with an adaptor. have to decide now getting a q10 again or the classic. today i was at a retailer and had a chance to put my hands on a classic.

things i noticed straight away:

- classic feels heavier, but also better balanced compared to the q10 when holding in one or both hands.
    - display is super bright.
    - app icons seemed to be sharper, had more contrast a looked more colorful on my q10.
    - trackpad could have been just a bit more bigger and not so close to the keys. as i was scrolling down in a text, is was always hitting the keys at the bottom which i found a bit annoying.
    - last but not least: even that i know, that both use the same processor, the classic was not as fast as my q10. by fast i mean, the time apps are opened and closed.

my question. does anyone had make the same experience regarding my last point: the speed/performance?
    09-09-15 11:54 AM
    No serious performance issues coming from a Q10 to a Classic for me. Sometimes, when typing furiously, it will lag for a tiny bit but nothing crazy serious. Eventually it catches up and it happens very rarely anyways. Definitely no infamous clock spinning I'll usually re-boot my Classic once every 2-3 weeks just to clean it out and stuff.

In my case, I rarely ever minimize multiple apps/keep active frames open for a long period of time. I usually always just close apps. I like having a clean screen free from active frames/apps

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 01:32 PM
    No serious performance issues coming from a Q10 to a Classic for me. Sometimes, when typing furiously, it will lag for a tiny bit but nothing crazy serious. Eventually it catches up and it happens very rarely anyways. Definitely no infamous clock spinning I'll usually re-boot my Classic once every 2-3 weeks just to clean it out and stuff.

In my case, I rarely ever minimize multiple apps/keep active frames open for a long period of time. I usually always just close apps. I like having a clean screen free from active frames/apps

Posted via CB10
    +1

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    09-10-15 06:20 AM