I always hit the end key multiple times on every previous BlackBerry anyhow. Hitting twice doesn't bother me one bit.
    Me too. Never quite felt comfortable just hitting it just once.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 04:16 PM
    I always hit the end key multiple times on every previous BlackBerry anyhow. Hitting twice doesn't bother me one bit.
    I don't mind multiple presses either, but apparently there might be a situation where no matter how many times you press the button it will not end the call until you press something on the touchscreen...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-23-14 04:31 PM
    Guys, I outlined it all in detail on page 1. Take a look, and feel free to verify by own testing. But I'm sure you'll find this:

the double end call key press or the press + screen tap + press scenario has to happen whenever the phone got locked manually, or whenever the screen lock timer kicked in during a call. When taking the phone up to the ear, the screen also locks, initiated by the ambient light sensor, but it comes back once the phone gets removed from the ear. In this case, only one press is needed.

I don't know how you handle it, but I do lock my phone very often manually, after having started or after having taken a call, just to be sure to not perform any unwanted actions.
    I also often take or make a call, turn the speaker on, then multitask, then scroll right to find an app, do something in the app, and then lock the phone manually, while still being on the call (happened to me this afternoon by the way). Mostly, the phone is lying on the desktop, eg during a teleconference, so no ambient light sensor will get involved, but the lock timer. And then, the press tap press madness starts.

This needs to get fixed urgently. It will drive many people crazy, and away from the Classic.
    ViaCassian likes this.
    12-23-14 05:07 PM
    How is this not making waves? How are people ok with this? We need to be vocal in bringing this issue to BB's attention. They are ending the icanmakeitbetter program, so now we have to resort to twitter and beta zone to hopefully get them to notice this issue. Please, every one, post this in all BB run mediums, the blackberryhelp twitter account, beta zone, everything. We need to be able to end calls with ZERO touch screen interface 100% of the time. NO EXCEPTIONS! Requiring touchscreen interface pretty much makes the call end button a decoration, because then it's exactly the same amount of attention and effort as with any device without the physical call end button...

In case anyone is confused, we are talking about if you're using speakerphone and you navigate away from the call screen, then the screen locks, in order to end the call from there, you need to press the call end button, THEN press an icon on the touchscreen, THEN press the call end button again... So in legacy devices it is a one-step process that doesn't require you to look at your phone at all, now it is 3 steps and require your attention to the touchscreen.

COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but that is absolutely 100% not acceptable and they better fix it in the next update. Whoever thought of that process needs to be fired because it seriously defies all logic...

Test #1: calling myself; phone on standby; with phone onto my ear, phone app still up. to hang up============== End key==== 1 push
    Test #2hone on standby received call-put on speaker===hang up==========1 push
    Test #3: phone on standby received call put on speaker then multi task: push back key to minimize phone app--open any other app===hang up A) if you push back key it will minimise that app you are in then you would have to look what other app is highlighted for the next one to close. B) BUT while in another app pushing the end key close that app that you are working on and automatiquely bring the phone app then you need a second push from the end key to hang up.

sheesh a lot of ways to do things.

Test #4: receive call-speaker on-phone app minimise-open 4 others apps which I minimise-then screen goes to sleep====end call===press end key= phone tell me need to unlock phone first then press the end key once to bring phone app up and second press to hang up.

now when you push the first time the phone app to come up first before pressing the second time. Cannot press twice fast to hang up

GUYS A LOT OF WAYS TO DO CERTAIN THINGS......BUT SURELY NOT THAT BAD..all in all everything works well for me
    Last edited by Alain_A; 12-23-14 at 06:08 PM.
    12-23-14 05:44 PM
    Test #1: calling myself; phone on standby; with phone onto my ear, phone app still up. to hang up============== End key==== 1 push
    Test #2hone on standby received call-put on speaker===hang up==========1 push
    Test #3: phone on standby received call put on speaker then multi task: push back key to minimize phone app--open any other app===hang up A) if you push back key it will minimise that app you are in then you would have to look what other app is highlighted for the next one to close. B) BUT while in another app pushing the end key close that app that you are working on and automatiquely bring the phone app then you need a second push from the end key to hang up.

sheesh a lot of ways to do things.

Test #4: receive call-speaker on-phone app minimise-open 4 others apps which I minimise-then screen goes to sleep====end call===press end key= phone tell me need to unlock phone first then press the end key once to bring phone app up and second press to hang up.

now when you push the first time the phone app to come up first before pressing the second time. Cannot press twice fast to hang up

GUYS A LOT OF WAYS TO DO CERTAIN THINGS......BUT SURELY NOT THAT BAD..all in all everything works well for me
    In test 4, did you need to unlock the screen first, meaning you need to look at the phone and touch the screen to unlock it or was pressing the end call button again enough? I need it to be 100% button and 0% touchscreen interface, and no need to enter my password.

12-23-14 06:17 PM
    In test 4, did you need to unlock the screen first, meaning you need to look at the phone and touch the screen to unlock it or was pressing the end call button again enough? I need it to be 100% button and 0% touchscreen interface, and no need to enter my password.

no,,, you need to touch the screen to unlock first then push end key twice if the phone app is minimize

but what i have not tried is using the top key to unlock the screen first
    12-23-14 06:22 PM
    no,,, you need to touch the screen to unlock first then push end key

but what i have not tried is using the top key to unlock the screen first
    I have a password lock too, so that probably means I'll have to also enter my password. How utterly stupid. It's exactly the same as the Q10 without the toolbelt. So right now the toolbelt is just decoration since the buttons don't actually decrease the number of steps required to end a call...

anon(4295315) likes this.
    12-23-14 06:27 PM
    although all that without a password..I can try that tomorrow
    12-23-14 06:31 PM
    although all that without a password..I can try that tomorrow
    I just got notification that my holster arrived today, so I'll try it out tonight after I activate the nano sim for it. Ugh, I know I'll be angry. Can you guys please vocalize this in the beta zone or their twitter please??

Please??

12-23-14 06:36 PM
    I have a password lock too, so that probably means I'll have to also enter my password. How utterly stupid. It's exactly the same as the Q10 without the toolbelt. So right now the toolbelt is just decoration since the buttons don't actually decrease the number of steps required to end a call...

if you receive a call with password on ...no need to enter password the end a call... but if you want to multi task then you need to enter password while on call.. you need to swipe the screen only if you have more than one app on the go......

IT IS ALL GOOD
    12-23-14 06:53 PM
    it is like when the first Z 10 came out...we need to find the right tricks to work with it
    12-23-14 06:57 PM
    I just got notification that my holster arrived today, so I'll try it out tonight after I activate the nano sim for it. Ugh, I know I'll be angry. Can you guys please vocalize this in the beta zone or their twitter please??

Please??

started a thread on beta zone for the end button problem bud
    12-23-14 08:49 PM
    It's already being looked at by the blackberry team.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:20 PM
    started a thread on beta zone for the end button problem bud
    Link?
    12-23-14 10:24 PM
    12-23-14 10:39 PM
    Using a Bluetooth all you need to do to end a call is push the button on the bt device.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    12-23-14 10:43 PM
    if you receive a call with password on ...no need to enter password the end a call... but if you want to multi task then you need to enter password while on call.. you need to swipe the screen only if you have more than one app on the go......

IT IS ALL GOOD
    I just tried it, yes, it will not lock itself if you leave it alone, it only requires you to unlock the screen only if you manually lock the screen with the top button. That's still kind of inconvenient for some people since at least one person here says that he likes to manually lock his screen, but I actually don't do that, so I guess it's ok for now. But I definitely suggest going to the beta zone and their twitter to voice your concerns if you have any, don't just leave it be...
    12-23-14 10:43 PM
    I just tried it, yes, it will not lock itself if you leave it alone, it only requires you to unlock the screen only if you manually lock the screen with the top button. That's still kind of inconvenient for some people since at least one person here says that he likes to manually lock his screen, but I actually don't do that, so I guess it's ok for now. But I definitely suggest going to the beta zone and their twitter to voice your concerns if you have any, don't just leave it be...
    or if you let it dim by itself...you still need to swipe the screen to unlock it...i don't use the top key to lock the screen..mine is set at 10 sec
    12-23-14 10:55 PM
    anyway I like it the way it is..no need to change for me
    12-23-14 10:56 PM
    or if you let it dim by itself...you still need to swipe the screen to unlock it...i don't use the top key to lock the screen..mine is set at 10 sec
    Hm, no, I just tried it just now, and before, I left the phone on for a good 10 minutes, when I pressed the call end button, the screen came on and went to the call screen and pressing the call end button again ended the call... And just now I just let it dim by itself again like before, and same thing.
    12-23-14 11:46 PM
    And just tried it once again in a different combination, let the device lock, screen off, called in, answered the call, let it dim itself, waited 20 seconds after it dimmed itself, pressed call end, screen came on, pressed call end again, and call ended. The only time I can get it to not accept the call end button is if I manually lock the screen using the top button, then it'll require me to tap the active call icon or unlock the screen first.
    12-23-14 11:51 PM
    Hm, no, I just tried it just now, and before, I left the phone on for a good 10 minutes, when I pressed the call end button, the screen came on and went to the call screen and pressing the call end button again ended the call... And just now I just let it dim by itself again like before, and same thing.
    I think it does that when you have more apps open and minimize...
    Last edited by Alain_A; 12-24-14 at 12:40 AM.
    12-23-14 11:57 PM
    I think it does that when you have move apps open and minimize...
    Yah, the first time I tried it, I went to a different app, then let it sit for 10 minutes while I did other stuff, went back to the phone, which had its screen completely off, hit call end, and it did the same thing, turned the screen on, hit call end again and it ended the call...

Edit: I'll try it once again.

Edit: Going to wait the full 5-6 minutes to let my device not only dim the screen but to also lock.
    12-24-14 12:05 AM
    Slagman

now try this using the track pad device awake>highlight the top where the battery is>setting>security and privacy>application permission>choose one and click on it.

how many back track before you can close the app?????? or how do you close it using the tool belt?
    12-24-14 12:12 AM
    Ah, you're right, with more than one other app open and you let it password lock, you do have to unlock. How utterly stupid. So how is this an improvement over a non-toolbelt device??? It requires the same number of steps and attention! Before with legacy devices you can just press the hang up button and never have to look at the screen and you know it ended the call...
    ViaCassian and flyingsolid like this.
    12-24-14 12:17 AM
84 1234