12-09-14 09:27 PM
36 12
tools
    I'm right-handed and just tried it with my left hand 5 times in a row and was able to do it fine all 5 times with the same speed as normal. But it definitely doesn't feel as natural but doesn't seem like it's any more trouble than swiping to minimize, then tap on an icon.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    You just touch, no motion required after you touched. Swipe requires you touch first, then do another action. Multiply this by dozens of times a day, thousands of times per year, and the swipe gets old. Which is why no other phone on the planet requires it.
    12-08-14 09:13 AM
    You just touch, no motion required after you touched. Swipe requires you touch first, then do another action. Multiply this by dozens of times a day, thousands of times per year, and the swipe gets old. Which is why no other phone on the planet requires it.
    But that's ONLY if you're exactly on the homescreen. If you're doing anything else, then you'll have to swipe anyway. And I understand the theory that at least for those times you're already out of any app that it'll be quicker, but honestly, doing it the same regardless of situation is the simplest thing for me. I don't have to think about it don't even need to check the phone to see if it's in an app or out of an app, if I know I need to get to the hub, I just start the swipe motion and I know it'll be in the hub when I need it. Doing two different things to get to the same place depending on where I am at the time isn't as natural FOR ME. Even if I'm in the homescreen and a swipe to the right would get me to the hub, I still find myself naturally doing the up then right swipe to get to the hub and it's so natural and quick I do it without even thinking about it.

Anyway, not saying anything against having it available for you and others who prefer that icon, I just wish they would make it customizable so I could set it to something else if I wanted to. I think I might set it to "compose" so instead of swiping into the hub then clicking compose, I can just tap that icon. Or maybe I'll think of something else I use often...

Christoph7K likes this.
    12-08-14 10:10 AM
    But that's ONLY if you're exactly on the homescreen. If you're doing anything else, then you'll have to swipe anyway.
    Yes, just one swipe, or a "go home action", not both swipes, the 2nd one which is biased to one direction.

And I understand the theory that at least for those times you're already out of any app that it'll be quicker, but honestly, doing it the same regardless of situation is the simplest thing for me. I don't have to think about it don't even need to check the phone to see if it's in an app or out of an app, if I know I need to get to the hub, I just start the swipe motion and I know it'll be in the hub when I need it. Doing two different things to get to the same place depending on where I am at the time isn't as natural FOR ME. Even if I'm in the homescreen and a swipe to the right would get me to the hub, I still find myself naturally doing the up then right swipe to get to the hub and it's so natural and quick I do it without even thinking about it.

Anyway, not saying anything against having it available for you and others who prefer that icon, I just wish they would make it customizable so I could set it to something else if I wanted to. I think I might set it to "compose" so instead of swiping into the hub then clicking compose, I can just tap that icon. Or maybe I'll think of something else I use often...

You make a good point about the fact that it's the same function (doing the double swipe action) no matter where you are. However, the icon also provides a valuable secondary function: the red dot indication.

I can see how you have gotten used to just always doing the swipe, but for those that have always been doing something else, it might seem less automatic that you go home then touch the icon you want for everything EXCEPT the hub, in which you do something completely different. In any other OS, you are already thinking where that icon is on the next page that you are "going home" to. It's as automatic as pressing the spacebar while typing. But if you go to the hub, you must break yourself of that automatic reflex and have a secondary reflex for just one destination.
    12-08-14 10:21 AM
    I have to say...compared to the woven fiber battery cover of the 9900/9930, that one on the Classic, especially the camera lens opening & placement of the "CLASSIC" nameplate is horribly ugly and cheap looking. I always thought the BB Bolds looked almost "jem-like", especially my old 9700's...but this one looks like a children's toy more than a high end business device.

Sad. Hope it looks better in production.
    Christoph7K likes this.
    12-08-14 11:01 AM
    I really hope the track pad lights up and also the belt along with track pad looks smaller than the Bold 9900
    This guy is pretty affirmative that the trackpad lights up !

https://kpodsm.wordpress.com/2014/12...c-final-specs/
    1TIME likes this.
    12-08-14 11:34 AM
    OP, was this an actual running unit in some sort of demo mode? The screen appears to be "on"...

I ask because the icons for assistant and docs to go are slightly different than the ones on the 10.3.1.1154 leak...

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 03:19 PM
    time to unload my iphone.
    12-08-14 04:45 PM
    No its not it's just a picture

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 05:09 PM
    No its not it's just a picture

Posted via CB10
    Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 05:16 PM
    This guy must be huge... the phone looks tiny in his hands...
    12-08-14 06:28 PM
    Haha.no the phone is a tad shorter in length than the z30 and about the same width

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 09:27 PM
36 12