Classic dummy unit-img_20141206_210407.jpg
    Classic dummy unit-img_20141206_205247.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 08:28 AM
    I like it, like it a lot.
    12-07-14 08:36 AM
    Feels great in the hands also, the device isn't passport wide but it's really the best held qwerty device I've held. Just a tad larger than the bold

Posted via CB10
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    12-07-14 08:51 AM
    thanks for sharing (Y)
    12-07-14 09:00 AM
    The fact that they've got a hub icon available to you no matter what screen you're on makes it a winner. Unbelievable that Iphone and Android could do this for many years, but BB10 from BlackBerry....known for quick communications....didn't. Now you just use your thumb for quick access instead of the longer action of a swipe, followed by another swipe. Especially if you are holding in your left hand where the swipe to the right is more difficult.
    12-07-14 09:09 AM
    The fact that they've got a hub icon available to you no matter what screen you're on makes it a winner. Unbelievable that Iphone and Android could do this for many years, but BB10 from BlackBerry....known for quick communications....didn't. Now you just use your thumb for quick access instead of the longer action of a swipe, followed by another swipe. Especially if you are holding in your left hand where the swipe to the right is more difficult.
    You do know on current bb10 models you can access the hub with a single swipe from anywhere in the os or app right? In an app swipe up and without removing your finger from the screen swipe right and release. From another screen in the OS, swipe right on the bottom dotted row. There's no need for 2 swipes.

I hope at some point the action button can be customizable to be something other than the hub. Assuming the toolbelt doesn't make swiping more difficult, I find it rather redundant.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9184750) and itzJustMeh like this.
    12-07-14 11:16 AM
    Two swipes? You know if you swipe up and the right in one quick motion it goes to the hub right? It's actually very quick and doesn't require you to touch a very specific part of the screen. I'm hoping that hub icon can be changed by the user to something else since for me going into the hub has become second nature using the swipe, I do that by instinct without even thinking about it, so that icon would be redundant for me...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-07-14 11:45 AM
    Feels great in the hands also, the device isn't passport wide but it's really the best held qwerty device I've held. Just a tad larger than the bold

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for posting this - we all appreciate it. Was the dummy generic or was it for a specific carrier?
    12-07-14 12:20 PM
    I don't use the swipe to get into the hub, well not if I'm in an app. I use the little envelope at the bottom of the screen like 90% of the time. What I'm hoping is that I can customize a button to bring me to the hub. Eg. I hold down H and it brings me straight to the hub. I know that you can customize the keys, just hoping that the action to do it for the hub is there.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 12:24 PM
    Is it possible for anyone to order a dummy version? I know that sounds silly. But I would pay say $49 - $99 for a dummy version which I can play around with for a couple days to see if I like it and then purchase the actual device

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    12-07-14 12:24 PM
    Getting closer and love the look of the phone!

Can't wait...
    12-07-14 12:39 PM
    R
    I like it, like it a lot.
    Robbie Robertson?
    12-07-14 01:44 PM
    Thanks OP! What mall are you at?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 01:48 PM
    Not really sure I like the raised edge on the camera on the back. Then again, in getting it as a work phone so don't really care .

I'm just hoping that keyboard has the same tactile feedback as the bold 9900. To this day my favorite keyboard of all time.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces, coldfir3 and Frehley like this.
    12-07-14 03:14 PM
    From the looks of it the back of the dummy unit, I should be able to carry a classic naked without any issues like I have been doing with my curve.
    12-07-14 03:49 PM
    It's only available if looking at a home/app screen. And it's always been there. The left most icon in the little row of dots. But again, if you're in an app, that whole row of home screen ddots/phone/camera isn't there and you still have to swipe.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    12-07-14 03:54 PM
    I really hope the track pad lights up and also the belt along with track pad looks smaller than the Bold 9900
    12-07-14 04:10 PM
    You do know on current bb10 models you can access the hub with a single swipe from anywhere in the os or app right?
    Try doing that while holding the phone with your left hand. It was designed for a thumb from the right side.

I hope at some point the action button can be customizable to be something other than the hub. Assuming the toolbelt doesn't make swiping more difficult, I find it rather redundant.

Posted via CB10
    There are lots of things on phones, including BlackBerry's, that are redundant. We call them "choices".
    12-08-14 08:54 AM
    Two swipes? You know if you swipe up and the right in one quick motion it goes to the hub right? It's actually very quick and doesn't require you to touch a very specific part of the screen.
    It's more difficult if holding with the left hand and using the left thumb. It's more natural to do this with the right hand. But, it's still more than just simply touching it. if you do it a lot, why have to do some slight contortion, just touch a darn button/icon.
    12-08-14 08:57 AM
    I don't use the swipe to get into the hub, well not if I'm in an app. I use the little envelope at the bottom of the screen like 90% of the time. What I'm hoping is that I can customize a button to bring me to the hub. Eg. I hold down H and it brings me straight to the hub. I know that you can customize the keys, just hoping that the action to do it for the hub is there.

Posted via CB10
    Another good point. Now we have a return to the icon with a red dot (indicating a message) that's actually ON THE SCREEN no matter which page you're on (unless actually in some other app), just like BBOS, just like iOS, just like Android. The phone known for messaging is finally living up to itself again.
    12-08-14 09:00 AM
    I just tried skip to the hub with my left hand. It worked, though it is more difficult than with the right hand.

Makes me think that BlackBerry should make a left hand option.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 09:00 AM
    It's only available if looking at a home/app screen.
    Yes, sorry I wasn't clear. I meant no matter what home screen you're on. As long as your're not in some other app.... This is still more than we had before with any other BB10 phone.

And it's always been there. The left most icon in the little row of dots.

How can it have "always been there" if the phone hasn't been released yet? No BB10 phone has this up to now, because no BB10 phone had the belt, which allowed the phone icon on the screen to become the hub icon instead.

But again, if you're in an app, that whole row of home screen ddots/phone/camera isn't there and you still have to swipe.
    You don't "have" to swipe, you can also do what every other phone on the planet does. Go to home screen then touch the icon that's always in the same place at the bottom of the screen.
    12-08-14 09:03 AM
    It's more difficult if holding with the left hand and using the left thumb. It's more natural to do this with the right hand. But, it's still more than just simply touching it. if you do it a lot, why have to do some slight contortion, just touch a darn button/icon.
    I'm right-handed and just tried it with my left hand 5 times in a row and was able to do it fine all 5 times with the same speed as normal. But it definitely doesn't feel as natural but doesn't seem like it's any more trouble than swiping to minimize, then tap on an icon.

emkay47 likes this.
    12-08-14 09:05 AM
    I just tried skip to the hub with my left hand. It worked, though it is more difficult than with the right hand.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, would be nice to accommodate the left-handers. I was able to do it as well, but it isn't as natural as with the right hand, but perhaps that's because I'm right handed...

12-08-14 09:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thus, why an icon, always there....with a red indicator....is a great upgrade. Or, should I say, return to how BB used to do it and every other phone still does it.
    12-08-14 09:07 AM
36 12