I gave up on my Classic after 3 months.

The reason? Double typing issue. It's getting so bad that even slowing down my typing speed results in the same double typing issue. My problems are with O and I's in the beginning, and now space key and L's are also registering duplicate input

I am 101% sure that its not human error, but more of a combination of hardware + software issues....i understand I can always correct it and move on but its just so annoying that I decided to go back to my Android.

Frankly, When pkb fails, theres nothing more to miss about the blackberry phones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(1723145) likes this.
    05-25-15 04:41 AM
    i believe there are resolutions for the double typing here, if you take a look. But good luck with whatever you choose.
    05-25-15 07:05 AM
    Hi there,
    Maybe you could sending it back for a replacement, hopefully for a revised version of the device (if something like that even exists).

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 07:10 AM
    Has no one on this site heard of WARRANTY ??? Get the damn thing replaced for free!
    Chris Chin, Kimberella and eji930 like this.
    05-25-15 07:12 AM
    I guess everyone is aware of warranty, but in some places it's not that easy to get things done as smooth as the customer would love to.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 07:24 AM
    I guess everyone is aware of warranty, but in some places it's not that easy to get things done as smooth as the customer would love to.

Posted via CB10
    Well he says he's back to his android so I really don't see how it would even affect him to get the phone replaced meanwhile.
    Though it's true if you've bought it second hand you may be out of luck
    05-25-15 08:42 AM
    Also my opinion, if the device will be repaired or swapped out for a new one through the warranty process, then it could be sold assuming the owner doesn't want to keep it, to avoid further frustrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-25-15 09:34 AM
    It's been two weeks so far for me with no double-typing (knock on wood). I was getting close to destroying it with a hammer. I have no explanation for its behavior.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    05-25-15 12:48 PM
    Whats weird about this double typing issue is that, you can't really "re-create" it after it happened. I mean just after you realize you have double typed a certain letter, and want to show this issue again to somebody else, you will find that the problematic key is "normal again", no matter how fast or slow you type on it...

Thats why I feel this must be a combined issue. An issue that should have been fixable but so far no words from bby yet..

05-25-15 09:58 PM
    Trust me dude, give it long enough and you can spit out a string of repeated letters on command without even depressing the key.

My first Q10 only very rarely double typed a letter here or there, but by a year and a half one key was so sensitive it was unusable.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 10:02 PM
    Whats weird about this double typing issue is that, you can't really "re-create" it after it happened. I mean just after you realize you have double typed a certain letter, and want to show this issue again to somebody else, you will find that the problematic key is "normal again", no matter how fast or slow you type on it...
    That's my experience as well, but also I've never seen a number double type even if I had numbers lock activated and some numbers share the same key I've seen DT.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 10:55 PM
    Frankly, When pkb fails, theres nothing more to miss about the blackberry phones.
    Time to move on to your next device if you're not happy.

Once you get there, you MIGHT find that your complaints will be met with the same lack of sympathy, lol. I speak from experience as an iPhone and Android user. =) Anyway, best of luck, lol.
    05-25-15 11:12 PM
    I have been as loyal as any BlackBerry fan. I had a Q10 and experienced double typing after about three months. Waited for a year to get a Classic, eagerly looking forward to a good keyboard again. Surely BlackBerry wouldn't release the new Classic with those keyboards that were known bad for almost two years?

WRONG. I started getting the double typing after about 6 weeks on the Classic. It is getting worse and worse. The vowels o, I, u, a and now the space are all getting worse as time goes on.

It is absolutely inexcusable for a manufacturer to have known about as widespread a problem as those keyboards on the Q10 and allow the same junk to be released on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    dararede likes this.
    05-26-15 10:40 AM
    Not good if it goes wiidespread. Oh look there more double type

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 05:48 PM
    Crazy. This problem will never go away until BlackBerry acknowledge the problem and find a solution for it. We hear about these cases every week. Is BlackBerry not going to do anything about it?
    05-28-15 11:40 AM
    Good old Foxxcon.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    05-28-15 01:31 PM
    It's sad that the only phone that never reported double typing is the Q5...

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 01:41 PM
    Good old Foxxcon.
    DT was (& still is) an issue with the Q10.
    It would be safe to not blame Foxconn for this problem.

(in case you do not get or understand my point, Foxconn did not build the Q)
    05-28-15 02:29 PM
    Good old Foxxcon.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    They are also building iPhone... and they to have issues..

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-28-15 04:24 PM
    So what I'm hearing is that the only option is to swap it out? Of course that's only if it happens within you warranty window. Which, of course, mine didn't. L.I.T.T.E.R.A.L.L.Y. one week after the warranty was up. I was blessed with the freaking insane double-tap issue. Turned off the auto period function so now I don't get periods after every word. But the repeated letters issue remains. Unbelievable. For a 450$ device. Absolutely unbelievable. At this point, it's just a very expensive projectile.

I'm a diehard. One of the eight remaining people in the U.S. who carries a Blackberry. And this, this might just be it for me. I've used Blackberries for over a decade. And I'm ready to go. This is the most freaking unbelievable failure. For a company built on the physical keyboard option. BTW, this is the first Blackberry I've ever had that that has manifested the problem. I had a Q10 for a year before the Classic came out and never had this problem. Teach me for defending this freaking underdog for all these years. It's like I'm handicapped now. This thing that has been my lifeline for 15yrs. Now this. Damn them. I'm despondent.
    07-19-15 12:15 AM
    Crazy. This problem will never go away until BlackBerry acknowledge the problem and find a solution for it. We hear about these cases every week. Is BlackBerry not going to do anything about it?
    Vicious circle. They will never admit it because they don't have to. Why? Because nobody serious ever asked any questions about that. Be it Internet media or consumers group. Why? Because they are (BlackBerry) oh....so irrelevant.
    07-19-15 07:29 PM
    I gave up on my Classic after 3 months.

The reason? Double typing issue. It's getting so bad that even slowing down my typing speed results in the same double typing issue. My problems are with O and I's in the beginning, and now space key and L's are also registering duplicate input

I am 101% sure that its not human error, but more of a combination of hardware + software issues....i understand I can always correct it and move on but its just so annoying that I decided to go back to my Android.

I feel the same way johnnydoesai. Double typing is ONE thing that will make me leave BlackBerry for good. My Classic hasn't shown any signs of double typing so far, but if it does I'm done with BlackBerry.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.840
    07-19-15 07:52 PM