I'm starting to get double typing on my classic. Not enough to be a pain yet, but enough to remind me of how the problem started on my Q10. I've gotten to like Classic very much, so I'm hoping it doesn't deteriorate beyond the current level.
    03-28-15 06:27 AM
    Well if you remembered how it started then I'm sure you remember how it ends.

It only gets worse lol

#CB10 #glassweave #qwerty
    03-28-15 09:15 AM
    Anyone figure out any fixes?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 09:44 AM
    Unfortunately you'll have to wait it out for a year to see how this plays out if double typing is a deal breaker for you. Otherwise just get a Classic and hope for the best.

There were no fixes for the Q10 unfortunately.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    03-28-15 10:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Q10 is super easy to fix and change the keyboard. But the Classic is glued together so I think its not easy.

Posted via Q10Bold
    03-28-15 10:08 AM
    It's so inconsistent that I'm thinking that it's not a hardware issue. I just went through three days with no double-typing. I got a little bit today. A week ago it was happening every other sentence.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    wynford likes this.
    03-28-15 02:39 PM
    I've had the same experience. For me, turning it completely off overnight seemed to fix the problem, so maybe you can try that, OP?
    03-28-15 03:42 PM
    The Q10 is super easy to fix and change the keyboard. But the Classic is glued together so I think its not easy.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Indeed, but the double typing comes back even after replacement.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    03-28-15 03:43 PM
    As I said, it only happens about a dozen times a day (I type a lot each day), so not such a huge problem. But I have noticed the increase over the last few months.

One thing I started doing on my Q10 when switched off was to firmly massage the keyboard for a couple minutes which seemed to noticeably ease the problem for a while. Maybe I'll do the same on the classic each month and see if that keeps in in check.
    03-28-15 06:23 PM
    Putting off getting a Classic for this reason alone. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and double_fault like this.
    03-29-15 11:40 PM
    Me too. After the Q10 experience with double typing I'm proceeding slowly on the Classic. Also the price will drop in the coming months.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    03-30-15 08:10 AM
    They won't recapture any of the market selling these diseased phones. People will send them back once and for good. Thankfully the Q10 is somewhat fixable. The Classic I hear is glued down so it's a pain to take apart. It's been nice knowing yaa blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and AllanQuatermain like this.
    03-30-15 08:16 AM
    It isn't a hardware issue and I'm 1000% positive. If Blackberry have investigated into the Q10 problem a little earlier then they wouldn't have this complaint repeated with the Passport and Classic.

I've done my share and made numerous complaints to Blackberry about this issue and it's starting to be tiresome. Once a week I see new threads about this double letter issue and nothing is done out it. I'm starting to lose patience and faith in the company because they have done nothing but disappoint people.

It's so inconsistent that I'm thinking that it's not a hardware issue. I just went through three days with no double-typing. I got a little bit today. A week ago it was happening every other sentence.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    04-02-15 06:48 AM
    try to turn off the "Period shortcut" (press space twice for period) in keyboard setting.
    works for me.
    04-02-15 03:06 PM
    try to turn off the "Period shortcut" (press space twice for period) in keyboard setting.
    works for me.
    Big thank you.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 03:31 PM
    They won't recapture any of the market selling these diseased phones. People will send them back once and for good. Thankfully the Q10 is somewhat fixable. The Classic I hear is glued down so it's a pain to take apart. It's been nice knowing yaa blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    See ya guy that didn't look through keyboard settings.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 05:11 PM
    My three month old Classic started the double typing issue not long ago... First was the letter "e", than some other random letter, and lately even the space-bar.
    I've just turned off the double space bar period option in Settings, let's see if the problem is solved.
    It is my humble opinion that's a software related problem.
    In any case, even the worst case scenario with a LOT of doubles, I will NOT go for another brand. Maybe I will just return the device for services/replacement during warranty period.
    04-29-15 02:04 PM
    You can do an RMA and get a used broken phone from a previous owner as some people are doing. There's no guarantee the the double letters won't come back. Until BlackBerry acknowledges the problem, then we won't know for sure.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 04:28 PM
    It is my humble opinion that's a software related problem.
    Agree. For me it doesn't happen for a while, then I'll start to see a it. Very inconsistent. I think if it were physical it would happen all the time or at the least very frequently.
    Not once while typing this for instance. Also I have never seen it with numbers locked. Has anyone?

(why so many threads with the same topics? Nobody searches 1st?)

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 05:11 PM
    Blackberry has never acknowledged this problem? Ever? It has been going on two years....

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    05-02-15 09:26 PM
    Blackberry has never acknowledged this problem? Ever? It has been going on two years....

Posted via CB10
    Not to my knowledge. No statement or KB article on their webpage.

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    Zolti likes this.
    05-02-15 09:32 PM
    Not to my knowledge. No statement or KB article on their web page.

They, or at least their employees, have acknowledged that they have never heard of this problem many times throughout the launch of Q10 up to now and seem very determined to continue to do so. Please search for the Q10 keyboard double type poll on a CrackBerry's site, the number is still steadily increasing after it has reached 70%. That's a very clear sign that the keyboards are manufactured and designed to have a short life, and all handsets will eventually end up with a double type keyboard. The problem to BlackBerry is probably that they haven't perfected making the keyboards fail at exactly just after a year and instead many of them failed too early or overheated too much. With the sealed battery and glued Classic, I am more than certain that the long term strategy is to make handsets that fail immediately after warranties, so people cannot hold on to their handsets forever like the hardcore Bold users.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Q10Bold likes this.
    05-02-15 10:29 PM
    They, or at least their employees, have acknowledged that they have never heard of this problem many times throughout the launch of Q10 up to now and seem very determined to continue to do so. Please search for the Q10 keyboard double type poll on a CrackBerry's site, the number is still steadily increasing after it has reached 70%. That's a very clear sign that the keyboards are manufactured and designed to have a short life, and all handsets will eventually end up with a double type keyboard. The problem to BlackBerry is probably that they haven't perfected making the keyboards fail at exactly just after a year and instead many of them failed too early or overheated too much. With the sealed battery and glued Classic, I am more than certain that the long term strategy is to make handsets that fail immediately after warranties, so people cannot hold on to their handsets forever like the hardcore Bold users.

I don't think it's quite that deliberate. It's simply that the keyboards are built cheaply. I posted a picture in a couple of threads which shows how delicate they are internally.

Some cheaply built stuff can last for freakishly long lives. But on the whole, failure will be common.

05-02-15 10:43 PM
    I don't think it's quite that deliberate. It's simply that the keyboards are built cheaply. I posted a picture in a couple of threads which shows how delicate they are internally.

Some cheaply built stuff can last for freakishly long lives. But on the whole, q will be common.

None of us knows for sure, but my logic dictates that if a patented keyboard formula is tried and true, a company will not bother to invest in designing a new cheaply made keyboard for no apparent reason when the handset models are still targeting the same market. This is like Apple saying iPhone 7 will go back to a 150 PPI monochrome display and costs 100USD more or Samsung saying Galaxy Note 5 will use a generic stylus and no longer support pressure sensitivity.

It's not entirely impossible that they are doing it for no reason, but I would find it fishy if McDonald's suddenly replaces their salads with fried butter salad with lard dressing.

05-02-15 11:55 PM
    Moderators can you please combine all of these separate threads on the double typing issue into one thread please?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 07:22 AM
27 12