I went to a small strip mall today in my city based on a kijiji ad. The poster is selling a mint condition unlocked classic. Mine is pretty banged up. The poster is a business that sells cases and screen protectors. So I get there and as about the classic and the owner commented that the phone has been really popular this week. When I ask why, he says that he had 5 to sell and has sold 3 yesterday, 1 this morning and I am picking up the last one. I found that shocking!!! The owner is using a 9900 that he says he refuses to give up on because he loves Blackberry. I am floored. I live in Hamilton Ontario where all I see is Samsung and Apple. What is happening?? I'm back to my Classic because I'm finally doing my Masters in Nursing and need a device with minimal distractions where I can get work done. I cannot believe people are seeking out and buying this device right now with all the negativity I have read in the forums. I even went to breakfast with a coworker this morning who commented on how she misses her 9900 and wish they started making those phones again.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 11:15 AM
    Even though I use the Passport as my daily driver right now, I hold a special place in my heart and collection for the Classic. It truly is an awesome device. That keyboard is second to none. I actually prefer it to the Passport's keyboard.

If they had given the Classic the Passports internals it would have been amazing. It's one of the reasons that I use the Passport. It's a lot faster than the Classic IMO.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    10-14-17 11:23 AM
    Even though I use the Passport as my daily driver right now, I hold a special place in my heart and collection for the Classic. It truly is an awesome device. That keyboard is second to none. I actually prefer it to the Passport's keyboard.

If they had given the Classic the Passports internals it would have been amazing. It's one of the reasons that I use the Passport. It's a lot faster than the Classic IMO.

It is tons faster. I also had the Blackberry classic and it was a great device and I'm not surprised at all people still buy it. Also I'm jealous of your red passport lol

I love my passport se but I'm trying to also get a good deal on the red passport so I can switch it up take it out at parties it's a beautiful phone. Problem is price is too high. I got this silver for 200 and I'm seeing the red for 500..not willing to pay that much..300 is the highest I will go

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 02:51 PM
    It is tons faster. I also had the Blackberry classic and it was a great device and I'm not surprised at all people still buy it. Also I'm jealous of your red passport lol

I love my passport se but I'm trying to also get a good deal on the red passport so I can switch it up take it out at parties it's a beautiful phone. Problem is price is too high. I got this silver for 200 and I'm seeing the red for 500..not willing to pay that much..300 is the highest I will go

Posted via CB10
    I definitely got mine on a steal. I paid 350 for this in 2015. It was one of those amazon warehouse deal where someone bought it and returned it and the only problem was the box was messed up. Absolutely NOTHING wrong with the actual device. Haven't had a problem with it in the almost two years that I've had it.

10-14-17 06:10 PM
    I definitely got mine on a steal. I paid 350 for this in 2015. It was one of those amazon warehouse deal where someone bought it and returned it and the only problem was the box was messed up. Absolutely NOTHING wrong with the actual device. Haven't had a problem with it in the almost two years that I've had it.

Yeah that is an amazing deal..its just amazing they sell it so high for a device that really in irrelevant for the masses. But they know they can exploit us loyal blackberry people

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 06:32 PM
    Yeah that is an amazing deal..its just amazing they sell it so high for a device that really in irrelevant for the masses. But they know they can exploit us loyal blackberry people

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't the Red like a super limited edition one? Even more limited than the SE release?

I might snag an OG black and put this baby away for a while.

I'm trying to build a collection of Passports in all the varieties.

rubyslipperss likes this.
    10-14-17 09:05 PM
    Yup
    Ive had various BB's over the last few years, the last one was a Bold 9900.
    I hate android devices with a passion they are mostly play things "toys".
    (I still use a play book at work for taking minuets of meetings) After i tryed a couple of andriod phones I twent to the BB priv I liked it but still found it to busy with C--p 'still have it', but i decided to get a BB clasic as a main phone....
    great desission! love it!
    The way it feels, fits in the hand, ease of use, god battery life... i could go on,.
    is it perfect NA! but nothing is... but it is a great communication device and work tool and I get people stop me to ask what it is and that it looks cool! and guess what they usualy hav an I phone in there hand.
    In the UK you can still get BB Clasics new from some providers there are also loads second hand, I will stick with it for a good while yet.
    and I know a couple of mates how still have BB 9900's and are not wanting to giver them up either.
    thatgadgetgirl36 likes this.
    10-15-17 03:35 AM