Ok well that doesn't happen with BB10. Most that can happen is the app gets closed for using too much memory.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-04-14 01:57 PM
    Ok well that doesn't happen with BB10. Most that can happen is the app gets closed for using too much memory.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Thanks,
    Yes, it won't happen on BB10 because it doesn't do multiple sharing on BBM. When I was testing the Z10 I forgot to see if there is a "Social Feeds" like on OS7, is there one? Social Feeds on OS7 allows you to receive feeds from "multiple" RSS, Face Book, Twitter and BBM.

I think you are starting to understand what I mean.?

I don't know if you have had a 9900 to understand completely what I'm talking about. Here is a link that might help. This page will have 2 You Tube Videos:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...5/index12.html

You also might "enjoy" reading the entire thread. But please don't be offend by my BB10 comments they are just my opinion on this thread.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 09-04-14 at 02:40 PM.
    09-04-14 02:22 PM
    There is not Social Feeds app in OS10. Some suggest using the hub, but your best bet is side load Flipboard app or try TapTu app. There are many requests online from similar users as yourself asking to bring social feeds back. Hopefully blackberry listens.
    Thank you, I didn't think I saw that app. Not to many people understand what I was talking about because they don't use the social media like I do.
    Thanks again.
    09-06-14 09:42 AM
    Because I have over 600 pictures on my phone for my 5 Twitter account. When you open this up more than 3 times I have to pull the battery. 3g RAM will allow me to use the phone longer without a battery pull. Try going on Face Book and Twitter and spend 3-5 hours on it, uses up a lot of RAM. Beside you can never have enough RAM.

I live out in the country and they just recently the brought in DSL so I am able to use a desktop when I'm at home, but I still use my phone for sharing when I'm watching TV or in bed. I just bought a HP 700-216 with 12g RAM and a quad core, they told me I would never need more RAM, but I'm debating whether to upgrade to 16g or just bite the bullet and get 32gs. I can make the desktop stall because I peak/spike the RAM.

I know I'm one of these less than 1% user that use the device to the limits. Who plays poker online, uses Face Book, Twitter, downloading pictures, editing them, tweeting and browsing at the same time. If I had more RAM I could play 4-8 tables at the same time. The number of tables you can play is limited by how much RAM and the speed of my DSL.

BTW, that is why I'm disappointed BB10 w/BBM did not bring multiple sharing as OS7 BBM and Social Feeds.
    Whoa whoa there do you realize how insane all that sounds...? I'm sorry but the usage you give your laptop makes you no power user, not even close...
    My Lenovo machine with 8 GB, 1.5GB ddr5 video memory runs 3 emails, a website with dream weaver, a minecraft server, Adobe Photoshop sometimes alongside, Auto CAD for design and Sony Vegas for videos. Add to that torrenting of multiple school files, and about 200 media torrents most of them high definition h10p mkvs which I view without closing any of my work applications and not once have I used my 8GBs of RAM at full.
    Ram memory is irrelevant when weighted alongside processing power my friend.
    Then again it's your money...

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    09-07-14 12:30 PM
    Whoa whoa there do you realize how insane all that sounds...? I'm sorry but the usage you give your laptop makes you no power user, not even close...
    My Lenovo machine with 8 GB, 1.5GB ddr5 video memory runs 3 emails, a website with dream weaver, a minecraft server, Adobe Photoshop sometimes alongside, Auto CAD for design and Sony Vegas for videos. Add to that torrenting of multiple school files, and about 200 media torrents most of them high definition h10p mkvs which I view without closing any of my work applications and not once have I used my 8GBs of RAM at full.
    Ram memory is irrelevant when weighted alongside processing power my friend.
    Then again it's your money...

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    I have DreamWeaver, Illustrator, Auto Cad on my computer, but don't multitask when I have these open. When I'm online playing poker my Task Manager shows my computer running 70% and peeking.
    09-07-14 02:31 PM
    BlackBerry started out making phones for the mobile professional, who had to maintain wireless digital communication. This is the reason that BlackBerry developed such secure devices. When smartphones became mainstream and status symbols, other companies started making devices that catered to a clientele who wanted mobile entertainment centers.

The costs of most BlackBerry devices were higher than the "consumer" grade devices, with few exceptions. This caused BlackBerry to become the new status name. Other companies used their advertising campaigns to market inferior (less secure) devices to the masses. This is what caused the demand for businesses to allow the iPhones and Android devices on their company networks. (This kind of reminds me of the 1980's Apple strategy of giving Apple computers to schools, so the students' parents would buy an Apple IIe, instead of an IBM PC.) Also, this put BlackBerry in the difficult position of producing a secure business device which would also satisfy the status seekers of the mass consumer market.

It is a lot like the browser wars: Many claim that FireFox or Chrome are better because they are "faster and easier to use", but they are far less secure than Internet Explorer. Most people want a bells and whistles, plug and play experience. There is nothing wrong with that, but they must accept the cost. It is not necessarily monetary, but sacrifices in security and reliability. This is exemplified by the Apple Cloud compromise, the surge of Android malware and viruses, and failure of the iPhone and any Android platform to earn FIPS certification.

If one wants to be entertained by games, Facebook, Twitter, or other trivial activities, for hours at a time, than maybe a BlackBerry device it not for them. Let they be the sheep who are buying phones which fit better over a fireplace, than in a pocket. Personally, my BlackBerry Q10 meets my mobile communication requirements, except for the unresponsive touch screen at low temperatures.

As a side note, My main PC is running an Intel Core i7-3960X CPU, on an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard, loaded with 64GB of RAM, and spinning 16TB of hard drive space. This works great for crunching massive numbers, like auto routing 10" by 12", 8-layer circuit boards with more than 600 components. But that is what I use my PC for, not my phone.
    Mr4aces and idssteve like this.
    09-08-14 04:57 AM

................As a side note, My main PC is running an Intel Core i7-3960X CPU, on an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard, loaded with 64GB of RAM, and spinning 16TB of hard drive space. This works great for crunching massive numbers, like auto routing 10" by 12", 8-layer circuit boards with more than 600 components. But that is what I use my PC for, not my phone.
    Nice I want one!
    09-10-14 07:53 PM

BTW, that is why I'm disappointed BB10 w/BBM did not bring multiple sharing as OS7 BBM and Social Feeds.
    I finally found a replacement for social feeds. It was the last big bb10 gap for me compared to OS7.1. FeedMinder. You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/36959888

Does everything I used to do with Social Feeds except show my Facebook feed (let's you share to Facebook though). In other words twitter and RSS feeds and sharing simultaneously to twitter, Facebook, and BBM.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 08:17 PM
    I finally found a replacement for social feeds. It was the last big bb10 gap for me compared to OS7.1. FeedMinder. You can find it at FeedMinder - BlackBerry World

Does everything I used to do with Social Feeds except show my Facebook feed (let's you share to Facebook though). In other words twitter and RSS feeds and sharing simultaneously to twitter, Facebook, and BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Thank for the info. I will email them and ask if the app will share to multiple Twitter accounts at the same time. Thanks again for sharing.
    09-11-14 05:20 PM
    Might be why we have very little info on the Classic. Besides that Geekbench score, there is not much meat on the bone here.
    I just hope that they rethought the keyboard and go with the ergonomic keyboard from the 99xx series...it would then be a no brainer for me. I still type faster and more accurately on my Bold than the Q10.
    09-25-14 05:48 PM
    I just hope that they rethought the keyboard and go with the ergonomic keyboard from the 99xx series...it would then be a no brainer for me. I still type faster and more accurately on my Bold than the Q10.
    I wouldn't hold your breath. It would surely be leaked by now if the device was set to launch in 2014.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:58 PM
    So basically what we are looking at for the Classic is

720 x 720 screen
    1.7ghz dual core with Adreno 306 / 320 GPU
    2 - 3GB ram
    16gb Storage
    8mp rear camera
    2mp front camera

I think this would be a good upgrade for all Q10 / Q5 owners and BBOS upgrade people

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 SQR100-2

3GB of ram for the classic? smoke and mirrors son smoke and mirrors.. no chance in HELL the classic will have 3GB of ram

one can only dream lol
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    09-25-14 09:05 PM
87 ... 234