Yes. But bb10 has alreqdy been developed, QAED, field tested, and vetted on this exact hardware with the z30. that saves time and effort using the same chips. Even a marginal bump in internals would man you needed to do that all over again. And that's why I can see why they chose it this way.

Posted via CB10
    Like I've said, I'm OK with Z30 internals. I know the GPU is better so Real Racing 3 should run even better, haha. :-D

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    idssteve and Mr4aces like this.
    08-26-14 05:19 PM
    I'm hoping this is true. It's not "killer" specs, but I definitely don't feel like spending hundreds of dollars to "upgrade" to a phone with the exact same internals as my Q10... So even though it's a little bump, it's definitely welcome for me.
    Agree. I don't mind if its not passport specs. But I need to justify the cost by it not being from the parts bin of z10/q10.

Hoping for atleast 1.7 processor. 3gb ram is a dream, although I do suspect it will just be the 2.

I also am hopeful BlackBerry is sensible enough to price this much lower then the passport (whatever the passport ends up costing)

Pricing it at Q10 level will kill the deal for me. Specs are 2012/2013
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-26-14 07:50 PM
    Seriously. Enough with the "awful specs" stuff. It's a phone with a tiny *** screen, with a keyboard and a gd trackpad. You want high end specs? For what? Some 3d spreadsheets? Some virtual power points? Maybe do some hardcore keyboard short cutting? You want cheap devices, you use last year's specs. And for the classic, that makes total sense. I have a z30 and it works like butter, and I will nab a classic and will be just as happy.

Posted via CB10
    hmmm Im not too sure

Added specs would help some problems I face: negate lagging picture password (5 second wait after swiping up before numbers appear), Recall text message convo faster when clicked on (no blank screen for seconds), open camera faster and take pictures faster, Help open and operate android apps more effectively and with a lower temperature. My phone doesnt really freeze, it just could use some more juice to do things faster
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-26-14 07:57 PM
    Sorry but they are awful specs considering what BlackBerry will charge for it. $699 off contract to start. Quote me on that because I guarantee it will happen.

Posted via CB10
    If this is the price I'm going to have to get a passport as I cant justify 2012/2013 Q10 specs for that much.

Such a shame as I would rather not have a device as large as the passport
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-26-14 07:59 PM
    If this is the price I'm going to have to get a passport as I cant justify 2012/2013 Q10 specs for that much.

How sure are you that it will have Q10 specs?...
    08-26-14 08:54 PM

It's looking like it'll have z30 specs. That's what we were been talking about.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 05:15 AM
    BlackBerry announced last month that Foxconn would be making a version of the Q20. A $200 cheap Q20?

The stainless bezel construction is far to costly compared to plastic. I think Slagman said there was 30+ minutes machining the frame/bezel. So the Q20 won't be cheap. I just don't understand why they would have 2 version with the same specs? I'm "guessing" JC initially had bad advice from R&D and "Rendering" (design) on the specs and design of the "Classic" and "maybe" they scrapped the original design/specs to be used on Foxconn edition.

Here's hoping that next month after the Passport is released with all its' thunder, we start getting real information on the Q20.

I will not pay $200-300 extra for a stainless bezel for a phone with the same specs. I can accept some of the short comings i.e. no ergonomic key board, no contact charging, average camera, no convenience key and a fixed battery, but I want a phone with better specs.

As fast as they are changing things you can never have enough RAM/CPU. Look at the 9900 when it came out the specs were good enough. 280mb of starting RAM? Because the updated OS7 required more due to gesturing. Who know what the next BB11 will require. All this interfacing has to keep using more RAM. Every time there is an updated OS do you think the RAM is less?

What happens if BlackBerry decides BB11 will interface with QNX? QNX is not only going to be used in cars it is software for "things". Less processor, less RAM? The Passport I "think" is set up for the QNX

If the Q20 comes out with 2 year old specs you won't see me shelling out $600-700 for a Q10 with a belt that is renamed a "Classic". I will end up waiting for a Foxconn version only because I "have to" and wait for the 3 generation Bold. That is if BB survives this flop. In my mind there is still hope that they did a 180 last month and dumped the original design.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-27-14 at 04:48 PM.
    phuoc and Frehley like this.
    08-27-14 09:28 AM
    ..... In my mind there is still hope that they did a 180 last month and dumped the original design.
    Might be why we have very little info on the Classic. Besides that Geekbench score, there is not much meat on the bone here.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-27-14 11:06 AM
    Thanks for this. I really do want the Classic, but if it isn't much of a jump from the Q10 I'd rather just get a dirt cheap Q10 off of Craigslist, where they're going for like $100-$150 on some ads.
    08-27-14 01:48 PM
    Thanks for this. I really do want the Classic, but if it isn't much of a jump from the Q10 I'd rather just get a dirt cheap Q10 off of Craigslist, where they're going for like $100-$150 on some ads.
    Good idea or wait until next summer for the Foxconn version for $200. I might just use my 9900 another year or two since I now have internet and can use my PC. I was tough the past 3 years using my 9900 as a desktop.

Lets see what happens. I'm just hoping my hunch is right and they did the 180. If I was JC that is what I would do.
    08-27-14 04:46 PM
    If the Z30 feels slow in any case, then we should start dropping our hopes with the Classic. But if not, Classic will be good with it. Having a smaller display means less things to process in one time. Aside from that, overpowered specs needs overpowered battery. It's just a waste of resource. BlackBerry have a reason for putting such hardware in to a device. We, as consumers, can never do anything about it. Buy it or choose another one. That's all that's left for us.

BB PH STL100-2
    08-28-14 01:44 PM
    I doubt that the usage pattern of those rocking a Q10 today won't see a great benefit with the Classic.

There is a reason for a Classic and a Passport and that is how people use a phone and what they are doing with it.

I need a phone that slip into my pocket easily and being lightweight. The OS need to run smooth and I need to be able to type fast with my fat fingers.

So I am more a Classic guy while others love the screen size and memory to store zillions of photos and music. Those are the ones that will find their love with the Passport.

BlackBerry is back - for those that still don't believe.

<End of Labor Day's Prayer>
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-01-14 07:07 PM

09-02-14 12:41 PM
    Might be why we have very little info on the Classic. Besides that Geekbench score, there is not much meat on the bone here.
    I looked in the radio files for the recent 10.3 leak and found the Classic will have the Z30 internals.
    Trees, Mr4aces, idssteve and 1 others like this.
    09-02-14 04:42 PM
    Wow - I thought I was productive with my 9900. I can email, BBM, organize a meeting, check a tweet, read a Facebook post, do a quick calculation, and call my Boss in under a minute. But I guess not noticing a mili-second delay shows how un-productive I really am. Just my opinion. All this being said, I really want a better look at the Classic... Been running the 9900 way to long, I am seriously considering the Z30, The Passport or The Classic... Not sure how much longer I can wait though, so may just go with the Z30, which by all accounts is an amazing device that gets zero press!
    09-02-14 07:46 PM
    I looked in the radio files for the recent 10.3 leak and found the Classic will have the Z30 internals.
    Yes i saw that. Thanks for throwing a bone. I remember you from back in the Essex days.

Hopefully we will see something soon. The Classic was kind of announced in Feb so I'm thinking we'll get a leak soon, but BB is all about the Passport right now. I'll patiently wait as always.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-02-14 08:33 PM
    Is that a coleslaw and french fry sandwich?
    09-02-14 09:46 PM
    All this helps but still concern about the RAM. I need 3g RAM. I hope they (BB) fixes the BBM in BB10 10.3 so there is multiple sharing like in OS7. I don't want a Q10 with a tool belt that is called a Classic
    What would be the benefit of 3 GB RAM? Gamer?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 09:50 PM
    Yes i saw that. Thanks for throwing a bone. I remember you from back in the Essex days.

Hopefully we will see something soon. The Classic was kind of announced in Feb so I'm thinking we'll get a leak soon, but BB is all about the Passport right now. I'll patiently wait as always.
    Wow! Good ol days for sure. Glad to see some of the old timers still on here.

As far as Classic leaks, I think this will be the month for it. Between the BB events on Sept 24 (main focus likely on Passport, but still), 10.3.1 Beta SDK release this month (delayed from Aug), and the Sep 26 earnings report (only time we saw a physical Classic last quarter), I think we're just a few weeks away from seeing the goods.
    grover5, Mr4aces and Frehley like this.
    09-02-14 10:30 PM
    Is that a coleslaw and french fry sandwich?
    Like UrbanGCam's 10.3 finding, there is a little meat on there.

UrbanGlowCam and Mr4aces like this.
    09-02-14 11:20 PM
    All this helps but still concern about the RAM. I need 3g RAM. I hope they (BB) fixes the BBM in BB10 10.3 so there is multiple sharing like in OS7. I don't want a Q10 with a tool belt that is called a Classic
    Hmm why do you need 3GB of ram when you are using a device with so little ram currently?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-02-14 11:32 PM
    Like UrbanGCam's 10.3 finding, there is a little meat on there.

Like Boloney?
    mountainman likes this.
    09-03-14 03:00 PM
    Hmm why do you need 3GB of ram when you are using a device with so little ram currently?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Because I have over 600 pictures on my phone for my 5 Twitter account. When you open this up more than 3 times I have to pull the battery. 3g RAM will allow me to use the phone longer without a battery pull. Try going on Face Book and Twitter and spend 3-5 hours on it, uses up a lot of RAM. Beside you can never have enough RAM.

I live out in the country and they just recently the brought in DSL so I am able to use a desktop when I'm at home, but I still use my phone for sharing when I'm watching TV or in bed. I just bought a HP 700-216 with 12g RAM and a quad core, they told me I would never need more RAM, but I'm debating whether to upgrade to 16g or just bite the bullet and get 32gs. I can make the desktop stall because I peak/spike the RAM.

I know I'm one of these less than 1% user that use the device to the limits. Who plays poker online, uses Face Book, Twitter, downloading pictures, editing them, tweeting and browsing at the same time. If I had more RAM I could play 4-8 tables at the same time. The number of tables you can play is limited by how much RAM and the speed of my DSL.

BTW, that is why I'm disappointed BB10 w/BBM did not bring multiple sharing as OS7 BBM and Social Feeds.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 09-03-14 at 03:25 PM.
    09-03-14 03:08 PM
    Because I have over 600 pictures on my phone for my 5 Twitter account. When you open this up more than 3 times I have to pull the battery. 3g RAM will allow me to use the phone longer without a battery pull. Try going on Face Book and Twitter and spend 3-5 hours on it, uses up a lot of RAM. Beside you can never have enough RAM.

I live out in the country and they just recently the brought in DSL so I am able to use a desktop when I'm at home, but I still use my phone for sharing when I'm watching TV or in bed. I just bought a HP 700-216 with 12g RAM and a quad core, they told me I would never need more RAM, but I'm debating whether to upgrade to 16g or just bite the bullet and get 32gs. I can make the desktop stall because I peak/spike the RAM.

I know I'm one of these less than 1% user that use the device to the limits. Who plays poker online, uses Face Book, Twitter, downloading pictures, editing them, tweeting and browsing at the same time. If I had more RAM I could play 4-8 tables at the same time. The number of tables you can play is limited by how much RAM and the speed of my DSL.

BTW, that is why I'm disappointed BB10 w/BBM did not bring multiple sharing as OS7 BBM and Social Feeds.
    I see. Now that is a power user although I am not sure of the relation between more RAM and battery savings I will have to take your word for it. Once you convince them to re add social feeds you will have to ask them for a place to house some dry ice to keep your device cool

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 04:15 PM
    I see. Now that is a power user although I am not sure of the relation between more RAM and battery savings I will have to take your word for it. Once you convince them to re add social feeds you will have to ask them for a place to house some dry ice to keep your device cool

Posted via CB10
    I have to pull the battery because when my phone gets under 110g useable RAM it locks up.
    09-04-14 01:27 AM
87 1234