Hi
    I have posted this text @conite originally. However, since you and thurask helped me move ahead with the issues, I am updating you with this text....

Hi!
    1. Further to efforts in resolving issue, a fresh load of 10.3.2.2813 led to some apps still not working. A few weeks later i read there were some issues with bb server and I found that the process of clean wipe would still not take place 100%.
    2. In due course, since i was convinced some hardware issue may be around, but difficult to explain, I decided to get to a bb technician. The technician reported the charging point strip was badly damaged and was also shorting. As he did not have one immediately, I was asked to wait till it would be purchased. This technician was not efficient, so i approached BB Centre in the city. Their technician reported that two screws were missing and battery was forced with a screw-driver causing a damage. He however replaced the charging strip (chip), and returned. I still had the issue of charger connectivity, which I found was intermittent, just like it was before. Also, at times battery drained out very fast (which if you recall was a symptom earlier too), at times it was discharging efficiently and at times it would also heat up. The Centre told me that the strip may not have been properly heat installed and asked me to send device again.
    3. During these days, after the charging strip was first replaced, I began getting a new Warning "Turning Off device", which happen either during the starting up of device or within minutes if not seconds of using its apps or browsing through the device. The technician felt it was due to strip not being properly fitted. But after I gave the device for repair, the technician felt that the battery may be damaged and needed replacement as all hardware side of device was fine.
    4. When a New Battery was procured from BlackBerry India, it was noticed that the device was still discharging. The technician tried to roll back the OS to 10.3.2.... but it would not. I had 10.3.3.2049 and 10.3.3.2163 the last time I had upgraded from 10.3.2.2813, during which i never had issues of battery discharge or OS crash. The charging point issues had caused enough problems.
    5. As I needed the device, i brought it from the BB Centre and decided to try autoload 10.3.2.2813. That would cut-in and cut-out almost immediately and the device would go ahead with a normal start under 10.3.3.... HOWEVER,
    6. I noticed that when device was switched-off and charger connected, I could see ONLY the yellow flash of power connected. There was NO HOLLOW RED Battery icon with the yellow flash on it. COULD THIS BE THE REASON FOR BATTERY DISCHARGE (may be the fixing of the charging strip still has some issues like improper soldering or shorting)????
    7. How could I roll back OS version? OR How could I get back to BB Link offered device software?

Please help me through this. Hopefully, this may be the last step in efforts to resolve the long standing issues over a year. Chances are that even the previous battery may be good. I could save USD 60 and the amount spent of chip replacement (USD 30), would be effectively used in getting another one within warranty.

Unquoted

Please see if you could find some ways to get around the current issues?
    03-21-17 05:38 AM
    Hi Thurask

My issues havent yet resolved completely. I have put this text below for Conite to help me. I request you too to please see if you could find a way out from this mess?

Hi!
    1. Further to efforts in resolving issue, a fresh load of 10.3.2.2813 led to some apps still not working. A few weeks later i read there were some issues with bb server and I found that the process of clean wipe would still not take place 100%.
    2. In due course, since i was convinced some hardware issue may be around, but difficult to explain, I decided to get to a bb technician. The technician reported the charging point strip was badly damaged and was also shorting. As he did not have one immediately, I was asked to wait till it would be purchased. This technician was not efficient, so i approached BB Centre in the city. Their technician reported that two screws were missing and battery was forced with a screw-driver causing a damage. He however replaced the charging strip (chip), and returned. I still had the issue of charger connectivity, which I found was intermittent, just like it was before. Also, at times battery drained out very fast (which if you recall was a symptom earlier too), at times it was discharging efficiently and at times it would also heat up. The Centre told me that the strip may not have been properly heat installed and asked me to send device again.
    3. During these days, after the charging strip was first replaced, I began getting a new Warning "Turning Off device", which happen either during the starting up of device or within minutes if not seconds of using its apps or browsing through the device. The technician felt it was due to strip not being properly fitted. But after I gave the device for repair, the technician felt that the battery may be damaged and needed replacement as all hardware side of device was fine.
    4. When a New Battery was procured from BlackBerry India, it was noticed that the device was still discharging. The technician tried to roll back the OS to 10.3.2.... but it would not. I had 10.3.3.2049 and 10.3.3.2163 the last time I had upgraded from 10.3.2.2813, during which i never had issues of battery discharge or OS crash. The charging point issues had caused enough problems.
    5. As I needed the device, i brought it from the BB Centre and decided to try autoload 10.3.2.2813. That would cut-in and cut-out almost immediately and the device would go ahead with a normal start under 10.3.3.... HOWEVER,
    6. I noticed that when device was switched-off and charger connected, I could see ONLY the yellow flash of power connected. There was NO HOLLOW RED Battery icon with the yellow flash on it. COULD THIS BE THE REASON FOR BATTERY DISCHARGE (may be the fixing of the charging strip still has some issues like improper soldering or shorting)????
    7. How could I roll back OS version? OR How could I get back to BB Link offered device software?

Please help me through this. Hopefully, this may be the last step in efforts to resolve the long standing issues over a year. Chances are that even the previous battery may be good. I could save USD 60 and the amount spent of chip replacement (USD 30), would be effectively used in getting another one within warranty.

Unquoted

Thanks
    03-21-17 05:41 AM
    This has been my most disappointing moment with a Mobile Device.
    BB devices have had issues, but for a new one like BB10 Classic, two years ON, and I have begun have a million issues, Let me give the chief ones from the streaming issues I faced over 4 days and four nights:

WORDSWORDSWORDSANDMOREWORDS

If there is anyone to help get me back with the confidence and the BB family, I would feel great for having had a strong backing, else, I would be calling it a day with this dead weight of a Classic with BB10 inside.
    I'd say if you successfully typed that epic rant on the Classic, it's still serving you well! Get those thumbs to an Urgent Care! 🚑
    Brad Morse likes this.
    03-21-17 08:34 AM
    It seems like hardware, nothing the software can deal with.

Regardless, once you're on 10.3.3 you can't return to 10.3.2 or older.
    03-21-17 08:55 AM
    It seems like hardware, nothing the software can deal with.

Regardless, once you're on 10.3.3 you can't return to 10.3.2 or older.
    Thanks Thurask. Copied that.
    But once an autoloader route is used, would it ever be possible to get to the BB Link offered software?
    03-21-17 10:29 AM
    Thanks Thurask. Copied that.
    But once an autoloader route is used, would it ever be possible to get to the BB Link offered software?
    Yes, in the rare event BlackBerry Link offers something newer than what you just loaded.
    pdss likes this.
    03-21-17 12:04 PM
    Thanks a lot again. You guys are great support.

An Update on the current issue that may be of help to readers searching for solutions.
    after the device was repaired for the charging point strip (chip), there seems to be some connection and soldering issue. These are my observations:
    1. When I connect my device to charger with Device switched off, it indicates only the yellow flash without the red hollow battery.
    2. When I connect to the computer (BlackBerry Link) by USB, it wont connect. An erratic occurrence of ONLY charging or NO other action is observed.
    3. Strangely, after the first time the device is booted through a fresh autoloader instal, the device connects through wifi. If the device is restarted, it does not connect either via wifi or through USB. In anycase,
    4. What becomes clearer now is that with the device not responding to power charger correctly, the USB also does not connect to computer BlackBerry link, the issue seem to lay with the hardware and not far from the charging circuit strip.
    5. This unique situation has one thing in common. While charging to 100% takes place in usual time, the discharge takes place at a rate of 6% each minute with only browsing used on device. If the device is kept idle, it discharges at the rate of about 6% to 7% per hour.
    6. There is immense truth in the fact that if the device is allowed to settle down in these ill condition for over 24 hrs, it gradually begins to settle. That could mean some days too. after all, there are some known and some unknown issues out there.
    7. While this condition does not allow connect with the BB Link, back ups and restores are not possible, nor syncs, since the device does not connect either via USB, or via wifi. Not connecting on wifi tells me that there is more to this than just the hardware issue.

Will get back after I get the charging strip attended to again.
    03-21-17 12:34 PM
    I just thought I provide this update if it is of any help to you. The Classic had hardware issues which a good long year, the Service Centre in my city could not repair even after I insisted it was something to do with the housing of the USB charging point. Finally, after I changed that and connected to my laptop for back up, it took off with software upgrade. Could the upgrade online via Link have been due to the hardware repair/ replacement?
    08-12-17 09:18 AM
    This thread is absolutely insane. The hardware is defective.

Get a replacement device if it's under warranty or get a new phone.

As much as I love my BlackBerry, I would've never gone through as much headache as the OP did. It would have gone back or in the trash.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    08-13-17 10:27 AM

@ emanuel , I wish I could have replaced the device. But the reasons why this was not possible was because there was data on it, which I needed to recover at any cost and in my presence and there was no second option FOR ME, unfortunately not.
    FYI, it was hard for me to believe that the device could not be repaired even though BlackBerry or friends like you would have liked me to get a replacement even if Warranty existed for longer than 2 yrs. So First, there was data that HAD TO BE RECOVERED. Two, why cant BlackBerry find out what is wrong with a device they made?
    Any way, it was well worth the trouble, finally and that was entirely due to the confidence I had with a multi-brand repair station in a city 1200 kms away, to which I flew after appointment and gave the engineer 2 days for the task. Besides being a great professional, with a great team, he is popular with 1000s of mobile device users, all happy and swearing customers, and he used to once be the Sales Manager for BlackBerry in India. It was the passion in him for BlackBerry that drove him to give me instant appointment on arrival and I was off with a fully serviceable device, as light as a feather. He had the patience to hear me and take my experience on the possible damage I suspected. He found a Brand-New Battery and charging strip that was replaced by the earlier Blackberry centre from my city to be dead and shorting. He replaced the two and the housing of the USB connect point. Onec replaced and switched ON, for the next 5 hrs my device was ringing bells and whistles updating emails and messages
    Yes that was the BIG grin I had on my face. About USD 120 is what it cost, but my trip was successful.
    Yes, this effort will sound insane even to me if I were to have gone through or found anyone going through. But little did most know that I needed the data. I had raised alarm and SOS with THURASK and since then, many stalwarts rushed to help. I managed to learn a lot and because the end was good, may not be completely conclusive as many things are still unanswered, I guess I have reasons to celebrate.
    The hardware was damaged, not defective. The damaged hardware gave warped signals to the device and the software could not segregate the information. Some logics and algorithms may not necessarily be invincible nor can they be expected to be. We dont even have such fool-proof systems in our aerospace and space missions.
    08-23-17 07:53 AM

@ emanuel , I wish I could have replaced the device. But the reasons why this was not possible was because there was data on it, which I needed to recover at any cost and in my presence and there was no second option FOR ME, unfortunately not.
    FYI, it was hard for me to believe that the device could not be repaired even though BlackBerry or friends like you would have liked me to get a replacement even if Warranty existed for longer than 2 yrs. So First, there was data that HAD TO BE RECOVERED. Two, why cant BlackBerry find out what is wrong with a device they made?
    Any way, it was well worth the trouble, finally and that was entirely due to the confidence I had with a multi-brand repair station in a city 1200 kms away, to which I flew after appointment and gave the engineer 2 days for the task. Besides being a great professional, with a great team, he is popular with 1000s of mobile device users, all happy and swearing customers, and he used to once be the Sales Manager for BlackBerry in India. It was the passion in him for BlackBerry that drove him to give me instant appointment on arrival and I was off with a fully serviceable device, as light as a feather. He had the patience to hear me and take my experience on the possible damage I suspected. He found a Brand-New Battery and charging strip that was replaced by the earlier Blackberry centre from my city to be dead and shorting. He replaced the two and the housing of the USB connect point. Onec replaced and switched ON, for the next 5 hrs my device was ringing bells and whistles updating emails and messages
    Yes that was the BIG grin I had on my face. About USD 120 is what it cost, but my trip was successful.
    Yes, this effort will sound insane even to me if I were to have gone through or found anyone going through. But little did most know that I needed the data. I had raised alarm and SOS with THURASK and since then, many stalwarts rushed to help. I managed to learn a lot and because the end was good, may not be completely conclusive as many things are still unanswered, I guess I have reasons to celebrate.
    The hardware was damaged, not defective. The damaged hardware gave warped signals to the device and the software could not segregate the information. Some logics and algorithms may not necessarily be invincible nor can they be expected to be. We dont even have such fool-proof systems in our aerospace and space missions.
    I get it. This is the exact reason why I never store anything valuable on my actual devices. It's all on the SD card and/or cloud storage like dropbox. I would suggest you start doing the same thing, or at the very least having a back up somewhere else in case this happens again.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you now that you have your Classic repaired.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    08-23-17 08:08 AM

The hardware was damaged, not defective.
    For most of us the terms are inter-changeable.
    Regardless of whether you consider it damaged or defective, it's the HARDWARE that is the cause of the majority of the issues.
    08-23-17 03:20 PM
62 123