I have some weird BBW problem too. When i open the app on wifi it crashes. But its fine opening with wifi off. Just before I update any apps I switch wifi back on and update no problem. Funny thing is I don't have the problem on my Passport. Also tried a OS reload to no avail. Other than that my Classic is good.
    11-30-16 01:16 PM
    With a fresh also (clean instal), I faced the same issue.
    It is confirmed that even after replacing runtime ither there is a physical damage that is corrupting the BBW package, or there is something we are missing out.
    There is another issue I noticed. The battery appears to be draining out. I thought at start that perhaps a factory reset and clean instal would eliminate corrupt file and bring the the responses back. However, what really could have been the reason that I dread to believe is a physical damage to battery. That cant be the case since battery is charging to 100% in its normal time. Only the device is marginally heating during use and the battery is draining out in less than half its operating run noticed over the days.

wonder what keeps operating inspite of about 20 fresh installs post Factory reset, this issue of BBW would remain.
    Did you fresh install OS via an autoloader? I don't believe your BBW is related to hardware failure.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 01:47 PM
    switch to passport haha I also experienced some of the issues you stated but not all. BlackBerry Classic is way way slow.
    (what do you expect with a 2012 internals on a 2014 device) if they only managed to improve the specs by a bit. its just a Q10 with larger screen, toolbelt and bold like aesthetics.

now im on passport se.. no more sluggishness and is so fast you can easily see the difference ( 2 vs 4 cores obviously)

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    11-30-16 07:39 PM
    Use the 10.3.2.2813 autoloader on your PC. All will be well. Do not use Link to backup/restore.

Download, unzip, plug in your phone, and run it. Done.

https://mega.nz/#!9RwzFJYZ!MXvy4JNtr...Xsk53i1Cb_ckzw

Turn off automatic updates, and don't upgrade until 10.3.3 comes out.

This is a perfect example of Tampering with the poling results. I demand a recount because you didn't give me a chance to post.

So, here it is!

Use the 10.3.2.2813 autoloader on your PC. All will be well. Do not use Link to backup/restore.

Download, unzip, plug in your phone, and run it. Done.

https://mega.nz/#!9RwzFJYZ!MXvy4JNtr...Xsk53i1Cb_ckzw

Turn off automatic updates, and don't upgrade until 10.3.3 comes out

OK! NOW you can responsibly award yourself !!
    pdss likes this.
    12-01-16 03:03 AM
    switch to passport haha I also experienced some of the issues you stated but not all. BlackBerry Classic is way way slow.
    (what do you expect with a 2012 internals on a 2014 device) if they only managed to improve the specs by a bit. its just a Q10 with larger screen, toolbelt and bold like aesthetics.

now im on passport se.. no more sluggishness and is so fast you can easily see the difference ( 2 vs 4 cores obviously)

Posted via CB10
    We Passport owners do know how easily the difference can bee seen. Problem is you actually wrote it down. So, now we can expect a midday riot that may overload the site. Are you prepared to take responsibility for eminent death by mass hangings and the destruction that will folow??
    12-01-16 03:11 AM
    We Passport owners do know how easily the difference can bee seen. Problem is you actually wrote it down. So, now we can expect a midday riot that may overload the site. Are you prepared to take responsibility for eminent death by mass hangings and the destruction that will folow??
    hahahahaha loooool

Posted via CB10
    12-01-16 09:53 AM
    Conite , @Thurask and all those who pitched in....
    AT this LOOOOONG Last, the clean wipe took 3 days but I ran out of patience at 98% since from 95% to 98% it took close to 36 hrs.
    I terminated and decided to try 10.3.3 and expected it to go in for factory reset. I again terminated factory reset, since it was established now that this was a Hardware issue. Disc damage, or sluggish in the sectors falling around 89% to 100%. I will do that sometime later, on a vacation. Just leave it to clean wipe through 100%.
    well, after second termination, I launched autoloader. When it took over on device start up, I just prayed it loads. It did. 10 mins ON, and i was setting up my email IDs, and then decided to launch BBM. Sure enough, BBM asked for download and THATS WHERE I GOT DOWN with the email....BBM downloaded. Obviously then the rest would do. Sure enough, the rest followed. Now hopefully, no data or apps fall in the last 2% of the disk
    THANKS Guys.
    The heading of the post shall also be amended rightfully. Happy to have got back with BB.
    12-02-16 05:04 PM

Well, no booth rigging and no rigging of pooling results. But an interesting observation:
    1. While in my earlier attempt three days ago, I did turn off the updates/upgrades.
    2. Somewhere during this process, I finally found that I was stuck with wipe/erasing memory in one of the many attempts of successful wipe. This time round, I found that wipe got too slow. From 95% to 98%, it took close to 65 hrs. I called it off.
    3. In second attempt, I reached 88% and then the wipe decided to slow down. I terminated again and forced loaded 10.3.2.2813.
    4. Fortunately, this time all went Go-Go.
    5. What I dont understand is, that this loading says "no upgrade". It says I have the latest software.
    ISN'T THAT STRANGE?
    12-03-16 09:00 AM
    1. I cant see BB Link Mention that.
    2. The 10.3.2.2813 is understood by BB Link as the latest.

That makes me feel there is actually something strange between the 2813 autoload and the later version.
    It also makes me believe that 10.3.3 may have a similar loader that could bring in a conflict.
    Finally, chances of my RAM or the Internal Memory having been hit hard by X-Rays at security Gates is pretty much good.
    As of now, while the device is running wonderfully, I have not kicked in any Android app, I have not wiped it 100% (terminated at 98%).
    Chances are that the bad sectors were between 88% and 99% and although recovered them, the balance 2% so far does not have any data, at least hopefully from the system, which needs updating during operations. Whether the disc use is intelligent to leave these sectors out, or I am just lucky finally to find myself up with sails and sailing with friendly winds.
    Your advice on the next course of action with regards to completing wipe and loading 10.3.3. ???
    12-03-16 09:14 AM
    This has been my most disappointing moment with a Mobile Device.
    BB devices have had issues, but for a new one like BB10 Classic, two years ON, and I have begun have a million issues, Let me give the chief ones from the streaming issues I faced over 4 days and four nights:
    1. A serious hang that wont switch-off device for hours. Device would heat up.
    2. Calls wont disconnet, screen wont refresh, device renders itself useless.
    3. 24 hrs down, sms wont open, bbm wont open, email wont open for hours.
    4. Tried to take a backup, wont allow backup.
    5. Tried to factory reset, would not allow factory reset.
    6. Finally, I cant remember how, but I got a factory reset and fresh installation.
    7. Now, the BlackBerry World wont Download any app, wont Update any app, wont allow the diagnoses app to run. Keeps giving a message "an error occurred processing your request"
    8. I tried to see if there was a method of updating via BB app website on laptop. There also the same message, but an additional line which was not visible on bb device was found on laptop screen while trying to send link to device - "There was an error processing your request. Error Code : 502"
    9. In the start of the three days upsurge of issues, the device neither switched off , nor switched ON. It remained with BlackBerry Classic on the screen all night.
    10. After taking backup on the third night, on the fourth day, I tried five security wipes and fresh instals with and without restore from different backups. I noticed with every fresh loading of software, the issue of Blackberry world has not gone. It does not download, does not recognise purchased apps, does not upgrade, does not update. When asked to check updates, it promptly does that.
    11. I have tried restore with and without apps from backup file, with and without system files, infact all combinations tried. It makes me feel that BB Classic, a much touted tough mean machine, has some serious issues.
    12. Over the past 1 year, I also noticed it was impossible to delete Android apps. Once downloaded, you only messed your own life.
    13. Another strange thing noticed over past 8-10 days was the "Google Play" would keep kicking in every 15 sec or 20 sce. If we removed it, it would come again. If we left it to load, it would do so in about 20-25 mins. If one tries to remove or delete an app, it would vanish and come back again. The pop-up tab asking to delete and confirm yes/ No, would be a mere exercise taking place, actually there is nothing one can do other than go for a factory reset and start afresh without android.
    14. Now then, with or without Android, it seems it is the BB10 that keeps us down and makes me feel I am fooled.
    15. I found that in BB10 and the new systems, there is no way that a software support can reach nor any app to diagnose, or any classical evergreen battery pullout of the good old Curve. The BB10 needs ever more continued support from professionals or quacks like me, or a software expert (like a resident doctor, or the only good thing I see today is the CrackBerry forum which packed with enthu, knowledge and experience) to be with it. I hate Samsung S-series m devices, the iPhone devices, both of which I had used and kept aside in the good old days of BB OS 4, 5, 6. I never used 7. I have a passport and a Z30 also. So far, they have not had any issue. The Z30 has a broken screen since past 3 yrs, but running fine. I have done nothing to passport. It is a brute. But this classic has broken my confidence and back.
    16. One more point that could be of help to the forum is, that Amazon App store is working fine, downloading, updating and as smooth as opening the HUB.

If there is anyone to help get me back with the confidence and the BB family, I would feel great for having had a strong backing, else, I would be calling it a day with this dead weight of a Classic with BB10 inside.
    Unique case!
    12-03-16 10:39 AM
    I just want to congratulate pdss for recognizing The "Strange" of it all.
    Our goal as older members is to encourage newer member to join us in helping people with issues.

If pdss will collect all the strange which can be found within any thread on any issue and organize it into one strange thread
    I believe we'll see the end of needless threads altogether.

Well, stranger things HAVE happened!!
    12-03-16 10:27 PM
    I enjoy reading when someone has issues with their BlackBerry device and loses faith in our phenomenal devices, BlackBerry fans with knowledge offer up support and remind them of how great BlackBerry devices are and offer suggestions for resolution.

 BlackBerry Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    12-03-16 10:38 PM
    Unique case!
    A very "well thought out" reply BBPP. ( While appearing to be the perfect reply yet completely avoiding commitment for or against..
    BBPP has said in only two words what takes others entire rants to say "nothing meaningful")

(excluding MY rants, of course)
    BB_PP likes this.
    12-03-16 10:46 PM
    I enjoy reading when someone has issues with their BlackBerry device and loses faith in our phenomenal devices, BlackBerry fans with knowledge offer up support and remind them of how great BlackBerry devices are and offer suggestions for resolution.

 BlackBerry Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    Blackberry is Not just a Device or a Technology. It is hard for any average person to indulge in average technical stuff, but when it comes to Blackberry, it is for extraordinary stuff created by extraordinary people who simply choose to reach newer domains of everyday lives and touch epitome of interface world with PERPECTION out of PROFESSIONALISM. I see that now Blackberry is soon appearing to be in our everyday lives, embedded humbly in th future of electronically driven systems. It's extent would far surpass the "Intel Inside"
    syclone1978 likes this.
    12-05-16 05:26 AM
    Sounds like OS 6.0 lol

Posted via Passport SE
    12-05-16 05:57 AM
    Did you fresh install OS via an autoloader? I don't believe your BBW is related to hardware failure.

Posted via CB10
    Looking back NOW to see if there could be a reason attached to what went berserk with my Classic, I recall similar jolts having had hit my 8250 Curve. Sometimes, I owed to very low environment memory, somethings I was told by customer support it was due to files getting corrupt. But in the last couple of years 2014 and 2015, the clean wipe would take days and each time I was exposed to Delhi's X-Ray machines, the device would begin troubling. I noticed, this was little too often and a couple of time, it was due to memory also.
    So could this be a possibility that while the X-Ray can easily destroy files, they could have actually begun damaging the memory sectors?
    Could it be possible that numerous clean wipe could damage the memory sectors (I find this one a bit unlikely)?
    Could it be a possibility that once some sectors become sluggish, and when some data or system files fall within these, they end up slowing system operation as well as wipe process?
    This unpredictable stage of my BlackBerry Classic that visited me was like a Coma. It was the trust, belief and confidence that Blackberry systems had instituted over the years, that made me fight back to recover the device even though the statuesque of Coma persisted beyond simple logic and professional attention. It is almost impossible to believe that a BlackBerry device could quit.
    Well, it may be almost certain that there was some issue that signalled the problem in the memory sectors as indicated by long efforts to clean wipe around a sector. If it is a conflict of the softwares, it's not possible for me to comment. I leave it for our experts and more competent and experienced buddies here. Like what you (ma678) said here, it is possible this could be purely software. But the circumstances in which this happened, do show I was on less than a GB memory, exposed to X-Ray, upgraded the software, whatsapp videos not uploading.....and as I said list is long.
    But if one has a BlackBerry device, chances are, that there is no issue of hardware. If it is hardware, it is normally correct able. But if it is hardware, software and environment memory, it is a self inflicted issue. BlackBerry is almost complying to militarily ruggedness in its present form, but technically, the device or its software are both stable when they reach the users. What w squeeze out of a BlackBerry device is what most of us in my professional past did from the machine we bent to break. Most of us are connected with BlackBerry devices and the mindset. For some, even a blond looking iphone, or an android rolling out of a parlour with make-up, makes them feel great in owning those devices. The breed of people connected with the BlackBerry culture, are a breed and goes without saying a breed apart.
    My Classic is as good as new now and is sure better than Q10 and its battery life in a day, better than the conventional BlackBerry in physical size, speed and ability to handle powerful interaction and multi-tasking. It was the love of those magnificent machines of the yester-years which brought us together here, supporting a community which was threatened to extinction about a couple of years ago.
    12-05-16 06:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    May be, the environment memory on the Classic or for that matter on the good old Cure and it's elder cousins, had been the real reason for the device to begin throwing up issues, Passport has immense environment memory, better processors etc, in short a higher performance hardware. Given Classic a 32GB and a beter processor, it could match-up to Priv or Passport. Maybe for all the OS 4,5,6,7, the BlackBerry 10 experience with initial Q5 and Q10 were test models where BlackBerry did not get the message that their users are loving it and they are exploiting it more and more. With low environment memory, these were failing somewhere too soon.
    My wife uses a PP and in the last 2 yrs and more, she never looked back to me for any help or an issue. The PP was purchased almost a year before this classic. It is a Class above like Priv or DTEK60. It wasn't possible for me to afford another PP, but from 8250, Classic was very reassuring. I know it needs a little more thrust and a little more endurance. But then we end up comparing this over 2-3 yrs down its operation. It is amazing these models still remain relevant and give other brands and devices a run f their money.
    12-05-16 06:23 AM
    I recently picked up an ATT Classic on Ebay, new, sealed in box. I've had Classics before, but this one blows every BB10 handset out of the water simply because of how easy and clicky its keyboard is. It's the most amazing typing experience.

Funny, I've never found Classic keyboards to be all that good on my other Classics that I've tried. I guess I got one from a good batch this time, because it's the best.

What a shame that this thing doesn't have the power of the Passport, because this PKB is heaven (and definitely better than the Q10s I've used in the past).

Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 01:03 PM
    Sounds like you and the Classic are not meant to be. Save yourself all the frustration and try the Priv, or a Passport if you want to stay on BB10.
    12-10-16 07:49 PM
    I recently picked up an ATT Classic on Ebay, new, sealed in box. I've had Classics before, but this one blows every BB10 handset out of the water simply because of how easy and clicky its keyboard is. It's the most amazing typing experience.

Funny, I've never found Classic keyboards to be all that good on my other Classics that I've tried. I guess I got one from a good batch this time, because it's the best.

What a shame that this thing doesn't have the power of the Passport, because this PKB is heaven (and definitely better than the Q10s I've used in the past).

Posted via CB10
    And that's all BlackBerry has to do with the Mercury. Use the Classic PKB, plop an Android-friendly sized screen on top of it, engineer new innards inside and run with it. Oh, and I'd like a convenience key and removable battery, too. The latter is an absolute must for the Android device I plan on buying in the next nine months or so. I'll always enjoy my "change of pace" Classic knowing I have another device that utilizes the apps I need.
    12-11-16 10:58 PM
    1. Some problem with charging. Does not charge in one go always. At times charges upto about 40+ or 50+ or 60+ and then discharges within minutes. There appears to be some issue with the device USB charging point. Possibly some loose contact. But at times, this was disproved. At the end of it all, I do suspect the female at the device end for charging. It works fine on PC USB charging. I used Passport charger as well as Z30 charger, even an additional (spare charger purchased from BB store), the issues remains. I also tried other high performance chargers which keep the issue consistent. It sounds whimsical, but that is how it is.
    2. In my last effort to recover as discussed and advised, i noticed the following:
    (a) The clean wipe would do fine until 85%, thereafter slow down till 90% (about 5-6 hrs), and then from 90% to 95% over a day, and then another 38hrs from 95% to 98%. I terminated at 98%. Surely, there seems to be some bad sectors. Is that correct?
    (b) The device worked great since first week of Dec till 3 days ago.
    (c) This time, the autoloader loaded the RAM, and hats it. Nothing happened there after. I tried to get it going for the past 24hrs. Finally, I tried the good old conventional system of (switch-off and switch-ON). It worked and took me out of the log-jam which caused a status-quo.
    (d) One strange thing. I found the BB device LED was signally a code with its RED LIGHT Blinking in the code of 1 3 2 with a pause of about 3 seconds and this would go ON.
    3. For now, I managed to boot the system and found it finally gave the fresh launch of OS, indicating 10% power balance, but 0% for purpose of use. I have decided to put it for charging and see if it manages to get to 100% in the next 3-4 hrs. Until then, the above is for you @Conite and @thurask
    12-20-16 08:30 AM
    Lol all I have to say is whoever started this forum is an *****. If you wanted an Android device you should have bought one. BlackBerry Classic is still a very good smartphone and the hardware is like none other. The security is amazing as well. Sounds like you have issues

Posted via CB10
    12-20-16 09:08 AM
    With so much of anxiety within, the remark comparing the "tampering of poling...." brought a smile. Life needs that wit and humor even in dyeing times. A fighter pilot in me misses such wit and humour.... Sincere thanks for turning up here and pepping up spirits.
    Actually, we do have a Passport also at home. I envy passport owners and users. A bit expensive to get the whole household to switch to PP, the Z30, Classic and PP came over about 3 to 3.5 yrs, in steps. Daughter junked iPhone 4s for Z30 on my advise almost 4 yrs ago. She is in Canada and even though Priv and DTek50 were available for a grab, she wanted to stick with Z30. Everything original and touch wood, not even a backup taken to date (may be silly, but the faith has taken her to this point.) Then came a choice between the all touch and touch + keypad in the BB family for my wife. I had my heart set with PP as i had studied the global devices over some months that time. The reports of reduciling PP's shape were absurd and immature. Since shapes of any device was more of a personal choice visually and with the comfort of grip, ease of operation etc. they vary from individual to individual, that wasnt my concern. All I wanted was that if my wife chooses PP, it would be the right choice of technology and reliability. Dell too had a similar odd shape to its device, but my wife fortunately liked Passport and she too has never taken a backup since the days of PP launch when she bought. She gave up her Samsung S4 and 8250 Curve. i keep stealing moments on that PP, but I find the keyboard of classic more friendly as the change in pressure from physical keyboard to virtual keyboard is a bit worrying and some interaction with device is a little different from classic. The Brute that Passport is, would always be welcome as it is reliable with battery charge powering till one returns home from outings that last longer than 6-7 hrs. Exceptional BBM video calls, voice calls and plenty in space and (touch wood), no issues. BUT, since I wanted a physical Q-keyboard with touch liberty, not as coupled with the virtual keyboard like PP, but like K-One (Mercury, not Priv), with the hub and bbm also around, I am seriously contemplating on investing into mercury, where i hope not to feel inferior and reminded of using Android, but continue to live with BB as I am actually hassled since past year due to poor support system here in India and no news or press release of things getting better.
    Keep writing....
    Last edited by pdss; 03-21-17 at 06:12 AM. Reason: intended to type "smile" but keyed in the word "simple"
    03-21-17 04:53 AM
    Hi
    Just sent you an update.
    Need your help.
    Thanks
    03-21-17 04:57 AM
    Hi!
    1. Further to efforts in resolving issue, a fresh load of 10.3.2.2813 led to some apps still not working. A few weeks later i read there were some issues with bb server and I found that the process of clean wipe would still not take place 100%.
    2. In due course, since i was convinced some hardware issue may be around, but difficult to explain, I decided to get to a bb technician. The technician reported the charging point strip was badly damaged and was also shorting. As he did not have one immediately, I was asked to wait till it would be purchased. This technician was not efficient, so i approached BB Centre in the city. Their technician reported that two screws were missing and battery was forced with a screw-driver causing a damage. He however replaced the charging strip (chip), and returned. I still had the issue of charger connectivity, which I found was intermittent, just like it was before. Also, at times battery drained out very fast (which if you recall was a symptom earlier too), at times it was discharging efficiently and at times it would also heat up. The Centre told me that the strip may not have been properly heat installed and asked me to send device again.
    3. During these days, after the charging strip was first replaced, I began getting a new Warning "Turning Off device", which happen either during the starting up of device or within minutes if not seconds of using its apps or browsing through the device. The technician felt it was due to strip not being properly fitted. But after I gave the device for repair, the technician felt that the battery may be damaged and needed replacement as all hardware side of device was fine.
    4. When a New Battery was procured from BlackBerry India, it was noticed that the device was still discharging. The technician tried to roll back the OS to 10.3.2.... but it would not. I had 10.3.3.2049 and 10.3.3.2163 the last time I had upgraded from 10.3.2.2813, during which i never had issues of battery discharge or OS crash. The charging point issues had caused enough problems.
    5. As I needed the device, i brought it from the BB Centre and decided to try autoload 10.3.2.2813. That would cut-in and cut-out almost immediately and the device would go ahead with a normal start under 10.3.3.... HOWEVER,
    6. I noticed that when device was switched-off and charger connected, I could see ONLY the yellow flash of power connected. There was NO HOLLOW RED Battery icon with the yellow flash on it. COULD THIS BE THE REASON FOR BATTERY DISCHARGE (may be the fixing of the charging strip still has some issues like improper soldering or shorting)????
    7. How could I roll back OS version? OR How could I get back to BB Link offered device software?

Please help me through this. Hopefully, this may be the last step in efforts to resolve the long standing issues over a year. Chances are that even the previous battery may be good. I could save USD 60 and the amount spent of chip replacement (USD 30), would be effectively used in getting another one within warranty.
    03-21-17 05:32 AM
62 123