This has been my most disappointing moment with a Mobile Device.
    BB devices have had issues, but for a new one like BB10 Classic, two years ON, and I have begun have a million issues, Let me give the chief ones from the streaming issues I faced over 4 days and four nights:
    1. A serious hang that wont switch-off device for hours. Device would heat up.
    2. Calls wont disconnet, screen wont refresh, device renders itself useless.
    3. 24 hrs down, sms wont open, bbm wont open, email wont open for hours.
    4. Tried to take a backup, wont allow backup.
    5. Tried to factory reset, would not allow factory reset.
    6. Finally, I cant remember how, but I got a factory reset and fresh installation.
    7. Now, the BlackBerry World wont Download any app, wont Update any app, wont allow the diagnoses app to run. Keeps giving a message "an error occurred processing your request"
    8. I tried to see if there was a method of updating via BB app website on laptop. There also the same message, but an additional line which was not visible on bb device was found on laptop screen while trying to send link to device - "There was an error processing your request. Error Code : 502"
    9. In the start of the three days upsurge of issues, the device neither switched off , nor switched ON. It remained with BlackBerry Classic on the screen all night.
    10. After taking backup on the third night, on the fourth day, I tried five security wipes and fresh instals with and without restore from different backups. I noticed with every fresh loading of software, the issue of Blackberry world has not gone. It does not download, does not recognise purchased apps, does not upgrade, does not update. When asked to check updates, it promptly does that.
    11. I have tried restore with and without apps from backup file, with and without system files, infact all combinations tried. It makes me feel that BB Classic, a much touted tough mean machine, has some serious issues.
    12. Over the past 1 year, I also noticed it was impossible to delete Android apps. Once downloaded, you only messed your own life.
    13. Another strange thing noticed over past 8-10 days was the "Google Play" would keep kicking in every 15 sec or 20 sce. If we removed it, it would come again. If we left it to load, it would do so in about 20-25 mins. If one tries to remove or delete an app, it would vanish and come back again. The pop-up tab asking to delete and confirm yes/ No, would be a mere exercise taking place, actually there is nothing one can do other than go for a factory reset and start afresh without android.
    14. Now then, with or without Android, it seems it is the BB10 that keeps us down and makes me feel I am fooled.
    15. I found that in BB10 and the new systems, there is no way that a software support can reach nor any app to diagnose, or any classical evergreen battery pullout of the good old Curve. The BB10 needs ever more continued support from professionals or quacks like me, or a software expert (like a resident doctor, or the only good thing I see today is the CrackBerry forum which packed with enthu, knowledge and experience) to be with it. I hate Samsung S-series m devices, the iPhone devices, both of which I had used and kept aside in the good old days of BB OS 4, 5, 6. I never used 7. I have a passport and a Z30 also. So far, they have not had any issue. The Z30 has a broken screen since past 3 yrs, but running fine. I have done nothing to passport. It is a brute. But this classic has broken my confidence and back.
    16. One more point that could be of help to the forum is, that Amazon App store is working fine, downloading, updating and as smooth as opening the HUB.

If there is anyone to help get me back with the confidence and the BB family, I would feel great for having had a strong backing, else, I would be calling it a day with this dead weight of a Classic with BB10 inside.
    Last edited by pdss; 11-29-16 at 12:03 PM. Reason: additional point that could help
    11-29-16 11:42 AM
    Use the 10.3.2.2813 autoloader on your PC. All will be well. Do not use Link to backup/restore.

Download, unzip, plug in your phone, and run it. Done.

https://mega.nz/#!9RwzFJYZ!MXvy4JNtr...Xsk53i1Cb_ckzw

Turn off automatic updates, and don't upgrade until 10.3.3 comes out.
    Not all bb10 phones or indeed the classic are bad. Some phones develop faults with all os's. You did say the phone was 2 years old too. It's disappointing but nothing lasts forever. Treat yourself to a passport or dtek, you deserve it my friend

Posted via CB10
    pdss likes this.
    11-29-16 11:57 AM
    Uh, I'm using the Classic, been using it since launch. Don't have ANY of those issues. I guess I have magic hands...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-29-16 11:58 AM
    Use the 10.3.2.2813 autoloader on your PC. All will be well. Do not use Link to backup/restore.

Download, unzip, plug in your phone, and run it. Done.

https://mega.nz/#!9RwzFJYZ!MXvy4JNtr...Xsk53i1Cb_ckzw

Turn off automatic updates, and don't upgrade until 10.3.3 comes out.
    11-29-16 12:03 PM
    I tried hard for DTek50 for the past 2 months. Even DTek60 is about to get to the streets in various parts of the world. I am in India. The model for India is no where in sight. It seems once Chen rolls out the device manufacturing to SE Asia, Blackberry would leave it to the new manufacturers to control the market. That makes it a huge gap in the follow-up, or rather it is like a follow-on. I cant see Indian market rising close to 45 mn users with almost 50% with smart phone could ever get to rule with a high-tek DTek device in their hands. It would be lost soon to iPhone (a woman's choice of flaunting an expensive toy) or the Samsung pen which has lame ducks. I have a J Prime picked up recently. I found it is awesome. Great battery with Knox (the bb is inside it. But what the hell. The patience seems to have run out. @slagman5 I had used an 8520 until 2015 summers. It is still great after 6 yrs with original battery and body. BB does not have issues as I said. But reading so many bugs so many have it, one was lucky like me to pull through with an 8520, not even the 3G 8530. Even this Classic ought not to have had. But the CrackBerry seems to be keeping the BB and the devices relevant with the experts. That is what is good.
    11-29-16 12:17 PM
    YOU are a great soldier from the Carckberry @conite. I had guessed that, but never read about bugs on this version. Some talk about BBM not working properly.

Let get down to it. Its a new life into me and hopefully into the faith I have with BB
    11-29-16 12:20 PM
    I tried hard for DTek50 for the past 2 months. Even DTek60 is about to get to the streets in various parts of the world. I am in India. The model for India is no where in sight. It seems once Chen rolls out the device manufacturing to SE Asia, Blackberry would leave it to the new manufacturers to control the market. That makes it a huge gap in the follow-up, or rather it is like a follow-on. I cant see Indian market rising close to 45 mn users with almost 50% with smart phone could ever get to rule with a high-tek DTek device in their hands. It would be lost soon to iPhone (a woman's choice of flaunting an expensive toy) or the Samsung pen which has lame ducks. I have a J Prime picked up recently. I found it is awesome. Great battery with Knox (the bb is inside it. But what the hell. The patience seems to have run out. @slagman5 I had used an 8520 until 2015 summers. It is still great after 6 yrs with original battery and body. BB does not have issues as I said. But reading so many bugs so many have it, one was lucky like me to pull through with an 8520, not even the 3G 8530. Even this Classic ought not to have had. But the CrackBerry seems to be keeping the BB and the devices relevant with the experts. That is what is good.
    Just making the point that obviously the phone was not designed to behave like that, so there's something wrong with your phone or the software within it, no reason to "lose faith" in the entire company over it, although there are other reasons to do so, lol.

pdss and syclone1978 like this.
    11-29-16 12:26 PM
    @conite
    I have the ziped file downloaded (1.5GB).
    Will I need a clean install with 10.3.2.2813? That would mean a "wipe" followed by the above procedure?
    OR could I force load on 10.3.2.2836?
    11-29-16 01:58 PM
    @conite
    Will I need a clean install with 10.3.2.2813? That would mean a "wipe" followed by the above procedure?
    Just extract and run. Make sure to move any media and documents you have on the internal storage to a SD card/your computer/the cloud/whatever.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-29-16 01:59 PM
    @conite
    Like thurask said, just run it, no need to do a wipe as the autoloader will replace whatever you had on your phone, thus kind of wiping it for you...

11-29-16 02:03 PM
    @timee80 its just that I find it hard to believe that Blackberry could go so horribly wrong with their stuff. They may go wrong with their business, not the product. And if it does, it usually manages solution(s).
    cant buy a passport as my wife uses it
    Cant buy DTek, coz the Asian models dont seem to have been manufactured nor planned.
    world may not have come to an end since Crackberry had not been exploited
    Hopefully, I am back here with a V
    11-29-16 02:07 PM
    I am ON.
    Will get back with the results
    Hopefully this WILL resolve, else I am back for help here.
    11-29-16 02:10 PM
    I agree, wipe and use autoloader to fresh install..

If you have certain apps you want data preserved, just do a selective backup of those app data in link. Don't do the full backup.

Once the fresh OS is loaded you can do a selective restore.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 02:56 PM
    I am ON.
    Will get back with the results
    Hopefully this WILL resolve, else I am back for help here.
    Don't forget. Turn off automatic updates.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-29-16 03:07 PM
    The inability to delete Android apps entirely makes me think your runtime isn't up to date. BlackBerry released a fix for that some time ago. Of course you can't get that update until you get BBW working properly again.

Good luck! I hope you got it all sorted out.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 03:47 PM
    The inability to delete Android apps entirely makes me think your runtime isn't up to date. BlackBerry released a fix for that some time ago. Of course you can't get that update until you get BBW working properly again.

Good luck! I hope you got it all sorted out.

Posted via CB10
    That's why I suggested 10.3.22813. No fix necessary.
    Couver81 likes this.
    11-29-16 05:57 PM
    Sounds really bad! And I wanted to switch from Q10 to Classic :-(

Sent via BB Q10
    11-30-16 01:38 AM
    @conite @thurask @couver81
    Hope this issue is not a Hardware issue. Only Blackberry world is affected. The Amazon App works fine.
    I am not sure if this all started stealthily after the last update, or the one thing that had been bugging my mind was the following:
    1. Recently, I traveled a lot. Operating at low battery power with Battery Saving engaged, limits operations. To compound, I had passed through several X-Rays gates, in some of which chances of a prolonged x-ray dose could have damaged both hardware and software.

By the way, I also suspect, which is out of experience and is true with BB, that while it is a work horse with no parallel, if it is flogged at low battery power, it gets fits. Left it to charge in switched-off position and unused for a day or longer, then switched-ON and kept for a day without use, it recharges and recalls all messages and updates. Something akin to either corrupted files, inadequate space for OS operation, high temperatures, absence of self update and system corrections etc, basically bugs that get resolved over time with data inputs from operating systems.

After this roll back, which was dirty, I decided to try out restoration from the previous backup, which was of 13 April 2016. I tried to find out if at that time 10.3.2.2813 was in running. If that be so, chances are that I would be harassed by the google/android based apps and lower memory, inability to delete these apps, etc, but the device would run, though not as desired. I have already made backups and contacts consolidation. I decided to do this without restoring old BB Runtime, which is about 2.5 GB. If it does not yield a change for good, I will restore with old runtime file also. Finally, I will try a Clean Loading with old Version and restore from Old backup. Unfortunately, the old backup was a quick back-up, not Full Backup. never mind that. So long as it kicks off the BBW up and working, one can wait until 10.3.3.XXXX

But with this current state, i am denied all apps on my device which are necessary for my routine activities, be them maps and navigation, post, list, bb travel, whatsapp, Meru Cabs, translators, readit, airline apps, news etc .... the list is pretty much around 30 apps.

Any other approach to a resolution? Its 4:50 pm here and I haven't slept now in four days. Fatigued and saturated.
    Will come back here to see if there are any more options. The restoration to Apr 2016 backup has been initiated.
    Thanks
    Ciao
    11-30-16 05:15 AM
    Restoring with Link puts back all the bugs you had before. That's why I avoid Link like the plague.

What is your exact error message when running BBW? Can you screenshot it?
    stlabrat and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    11-30-16 06:00 AM

Sent via BB Q10
    If you want, you should still switch.
    Don't let this one-off prevent you from upgrading.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    11-30-16 07:41 AM

Sent via BB Q10
    I have been running a Classic for 18 months and have had no problems even remotely resembling this.
    Conite's suggestions are sound, and I would not hesitate to grab a Classic.
    11-30-16 07:58 AM

Sent via BB Q10
    8 months so far with no issues at all. Love them berries! Good luck on your switch.

Pinoy Whiteberry Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    11-30-16 08:36 AM
    With a fresh also (clean instal), I faced the same issue.
    It is confirmed that even after replacing runtime ither there is a physical damage that is corrupting the BBW package, or there is something we are missing out.
    There is another issue I noticed. The battery appears to be draining out. I thought at start that perhaps a factory reset and clean instal would eliminate corrupt file and bring the the responses back. However, what really could have been the reason that I dread to believe is a physical damage to battery. That cant be the case since battery is charging to 100% in its normal time. Only the device is marginally heating during use and the battery is draining out in less than half its operating run noticed over the days.

wonder what keeps operating inspite of about 20 fresh installs post Factory reset, this issue of BBW would remain.
    11-30-16 10:21 AM

Sent via BB Q10
    Uh, you can still do it. This isn't like a problem with all Classics, just his particular one, and probably will be fixed with an OS reload/update. I've had the Classic since launch and has none of those issues...

11-30-16 10:42 AM
    With a fresh also (clean instal), I faced the same issue.
    It is confirmed that even after replacing runtime ither there is a physical damage that is corrupting the BBW package, or there is something we are missing out.
    There is another issue I noticed. The battery appears to be draining out. I thought at start that perhaps a factory reset and clean instal would eliminate corrupt file and bring the the responses back. However, what really could have been the reason that I dread to believe is a physical damage to battery. That cant be the case since battery is charging to 100% in its normal time. Only the device is marginally heating during use and the battery is draining out in less than half its operating run noticed over the days.

wonder what keeps operating inspite of about 20 fresh installs post Factory reset, this issue of BBW would remain.
    And you're using an autoloader and replacing the OS, not updating with sachesi? It shouldn't leave any software issue... The battery issue is probably the phone settling in, but can't think of what possible hardware issue could target a specific app on your phone like BBW...

11-30-16 10:45 AM
62 123