I am in the Appalachians, intermittent signal, naked Classic. The iPhone gets a fine signal.

Ive discovered that if I hold the Classic, the signal will die. If I lay it on the bed, it returns (though still not as consistent as the iPhone (6).

What's the deal? Issue with touching the steel frame?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 09:39 PM
    Let's clear up the obvious first.. are they both on the same carrier?
    05-24-16 11:38 PM
    My guess is that it's being held by a dead cowboy
    05-25-16 01:49 AM
    Let's clear up the obvious first.. are they both on the same carrier?
    yes, both ATT
    my phone is naked, my friend's is in the Apple battery case

and I tried a soft and hard reset. and this behavior doesnt occur in normal/good signal areas

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 05-25-16 at 05:51 AM.
    05-25-16 05:22 AM
    Weird. Here (Aust), most people I know have iPhones - I have a classic. We all have the otterbox defender cases, yet I always seem to get full signal, even in the more remote areas, compared to the others with iphones who, even in a well covered area get maybe 3-4 out of 5 'dots'. In more remote areas they are sometimes lucky to get 1-2, whilst I still have full coverage. We are all on the same carrier too.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-25-16 07:54 AM
    Apple's response: "You're holding it wrong."

Too bad that response wouldn't work for BB...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-25-16 04:37 PM
    Update

So now that I'm back home, I realized I was having some issues with my reception again. Just made a call and was hung up on due to bad connection. Which is new for me. (though I haven't seen any other signs of it in the past day since I've been back.)

So I threw my sim into my new B&W Passport and made the call again, clean and clear as a whistle.

I'm thinking that my copy of this Classic may just have some new reception issues.

Oh well. Luckily I have the Passport (which is exactly what I said about this Classic when my old Passport randomly died...and I swear I'm not hard on these phones...my Q10 is still running great after so long and a keyboard replacement).

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 11:31 AM
    Update

So now that I'm back home, I realized I was having some issues with my reception again. Just made a call and was hung up on due to bad connection. Which is new for me. (though I haven't seen any other signs of it in the past day since I've been back.)

So I threw my sim into my new B&W Passport and made the call again, clean and clear as a whistle.

I'm thinking that my copy of this Classic may just have some new reception issues.

Oh well. Luckily I have the Passport (which is exactly what I said about this Classic when my old Passport randomly died...and I swear I'm not hard on these phones...my Q10 is still running great after so long and a keyboard replacement).

Posted via CB10
    Yah, maybe it's defective in some way. My Classic still has good reception. Although I've noticed that the reception got slightly worse since I did the last update though, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-26-16 11:38 AM