Hummmmmm looks like an early Xmas present!!!

Posted via Q10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-21-14 01:19 PM
    We've waited 3 yrs for a new trackpad device. We'll live till November...
    Mr4aces and bborgimicks like this.
    04-21-14 01:23 PM
    No big organization is going to buy a load of new phones in Q4.The day of having cash to burn at years end are long gone.
    The government financial year begins 1 Oct and business 1Jan. That's the new money they need to go after.
    Nov isn't the best time for me but if it saves Blackberry so be it.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-21-14 01:42 PM
    Yeah, real iPhone killer. It killed alright, BlackBerry's bottom line that is...

Posted via CB10
    LOL nice troll reply.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 02:03 PM
    wasn't calling people on BBOS7 dumb..
    It's just that BBOS7 was so easy to use and why give up it just for the trackpad if they are still hanging on to their phones. Obviously they don`t care about the apps.

People that use BBOS7 still (like my dad which is an example of a big enterprise person):
    1. don't care about anything that the new BB10/android/apple which is the reason why they are still hanging onto their phone.
    2. they love how easy it is
    3. a lot of little features makes it superior to them BB10 with 10.2.1 starting getting a few but BB10 is still missing a lot of the key features.
    4. BIS - my dad only uses linkedin, facebook, bbm. He doesn't want to go buy data
    5. buying BBOS7 is dirt cheap now especially for developing countries, BIS overlaps with this as well

If BB10 opened up the theme API they can make it like Playbook OS for the BBOS7/PBOS theme. Horizontal active frames like I said at the end of last page. This can help change the look. Being able to activate a virtual trackpad (ALL of BELT) which works exactly the same would help. Try it yourself http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ode=US&lang=en

The trackpad isn't the only reason why people haven't upgraded yet, if you think that then you need to open your eyes
    All that talk and you don't realize that the comment you agreed with said: "I'm going to bet that the ones who want the toolbelt still will nit be happy because it doesn't have BBOS on it or it doesn't work exactly like BBOS." Which referred to everyone who wants the toolbelt, nothing about people who are refuse to give up BBOS devices. I'm on a Q10 and I want the toolbelt. You agreed with a statement that includes me, who am not too concerned over BIS or any of those other things. But hey, good read anyway, sorry you wasted so much time on it though.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-21-14 02:13 PM
    OK so get the Classic released and then let's start planning for a new all-touch device!
    04-21-14 02:27 PM
    You wont see thousands of CrackBerry members openly supporting non-touch directions. They've been flamed into the closet, or out in the cold, by the condescendingly belligerent i-touch crowd. Out of 26 LOYAL BB users in my office, i am the ONLY one that will bother posting in these forums. AND you'll ONLY find me posting about trackpad devices. All 26 of us were once very active accessory customers at CrackBerry back when we were using the non-touch 9650. Those were great days at CB when you could come here and collaborate on fixing problems and improving productivity. Several out of my office made the mistake of just ASKING how to turn off the fricking touch digitizer on their 9930s. The unhelpful, condescending, and downright abusive responses chased those members so far into the closet they STILL leave all posting at this site to just me. I'm the only one who continues purchasing accessories from CB.

Us trackpad nuts have been waiting 3 years for a new model from RIM and we still get utterly irrational resistance from trolls here in our own little q20 corner of CB. The Z's failure is not OUR fault!! If the Z hasn't drawn iPhone kids into BlackBerry by now, after neglecting legacy for 3 yrs, it isn't going to happen. Sorry. RIM lost that battle with the ill fated Storm and the Z has failed to recover that ground. RIM is bleeding. The only thing left for RIM is the niche market.
    Thank you for posting. I somewhat believe the keyboard and belt afficionados to be alive and kick before, and your post as well as others on this thread just reinforced it.

BlackBerry sold 3.2 million BBOS last quarter even against dirt cheap androids and nokias. It does mean something.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-21-14 02:28 PM
    OK so get the Classic released and then let's start planning for a new all-touch device!
    BlackBerry needs to put out a phablet qwerty as well before doing the all touch

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-21-14 02:30 PM
    It is silly to think this device will be doomed because it will come after a new iPhone 6 or new Android phones because the Classic will not be aimed at the iPhone/Galaxy/etc consumer crowd. This is more for specific, target markets: businesses, other BB10 holdout markets, and maybe some consumers who are big BB users too. But I don't think Verizon or AT&T will offer this to consumers.
    04-21-14 03:10 PM
    No big organization is going to buy a load of new phones in Q4.The day of having cash to burn at years end are long gone.
    The government financial year begins 1 Oct and business 1Jan. That's the new money they need to go after.
    Nov isn't the best time for me but if it saves Blackberry so be it.
    Government starts burning end of year cash around June/July/August. Where I'm at they shut off purchasing with end of year funds in mid August because of all the work required to get them processed by September 30. I expect to have to start requesting quotes for hardware in late June early July. Starting October 1 everything goes back into hoarding mode, especially if we end up with another CR for funding, then it is impossible to get money for months.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 03:32 PM
    Government starts burning end of year cash around June/July/August. Where I'm at they shut off purchasing with end of year funds in mid August because of all the work required to get them processed by September 30. I expect to have to start requesting quotes for hardware in late June early July. Starting October 1 everything goes back into hoarding mode, especially if we end up with another CR for funding, then it is impossible to get money for months.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.
    The fiscal year goes Oct 1 to Sep 30. Hasn't changed.
    And the rush to get things bought begins summer. Nothing that isn't a micropurchase happens after August 15.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    04-21-14 04:03 PM
    What kind of BlackBerry phone do BlackBerry users want? Full touch? Nope, almost $1 billion dollar write-off. BB10 with keyboard? Nope, not close enough to BBOS7 with keyboard.
    If all they're developing for is "BBRY users" than there is a real problem; recent history has proven they cannot survive based on the hand full of users that currently use these devices.
    04-21-14 04:17 PM
    Reading the op and the link with the 9900 and not the Q10. it got me thinking. Is it possible that the q10 will be on os 7 and not os 10?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-21-14 04:19 PM
    ??? Seriously? The guy gets absolutely giddy when talking about the Classic...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Yep seriously. There will be many BlackBerry "Classic" models like the Q20 | CrackBerry.com . The 4 lines per Kevin M's 2/28 post was 1. Affordable, 2. Classic, 3. High-end, and 4. Prestige. The classic is a work-horse that is geared toward the enterprise. The high-end was the one that the BlackBerry insiders were giddy about. But if Chen now is in love with the Classic more than the high-end devices that is news.
    04-21-14 06:45 PM
    Interesting, seems like Chen is saying the market is centered in groups of intelligent and powerful people! (giggle)
    04-21-14 07:13 PM
    People say things like "The problem with the Q20 / Classic is that they have to make major modifications to BB10 for it."

Yet, these same people are too completely terrified to even TRY to describe what "major modifications" are required.

It irritates me, because ALMOST NO MODIFICATIONS WILL BE REQUIRED. ALMOST NONE. And, any that ARE made will be "invisible" to those on devices that don't have the Belt.

Ok, you too... go ahead... try to describe what this "rebuild OS" will be like.

I just wish people would stop jumping to conclusions about how much work the Belt will be to implement, when they haven't even stopped for 2 seconds to actually think about it, never mind posting it along side their "it will be so much work to get BB10 to work with the Belt" statements.... because if you do think about it, you'd probably not post those "oh lord what horrible things will happen to my beautiful BB10 OS?" lamentations, because you'd realize that most of what is needed to support the Belt is already there.

Again. It irritates me.

I am eager for the release of these belted "Classic" devices (SLIDER!) and repeatedly seeing so-called "BlackBerry Fans" saying this stuff, building anti-Belt criticism before the launch, further disparaging BlackBerry "they don't know what they're doing"... irritates.
    They already had QNX running on the PlayBook, and yet look how long it took them to make basically the same thing work on a phone.

How do YOU know almost no modifications will be required? Looks like we're jumping to assumptions all around, so don't get too irritated (at yourself).
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    04-21-14 07:38 PM
    Might be time to leave BlackBerry. Not liking them doing the same old mistake over and over.

Sad....JC is producing a phone he wants and not what the BYOD folks want.
    Not what we want? Have you read ANY of the response to this device in the Q20 forum?

If you really need to leave BlackBerry because they are giving users a choice, perhaps an Apple product will be right up your alley. You can have it in any form you want, as long as it's a rectangular piece of glass.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-21-14 07:43 PM
    If your hoping to buy a new blackberry with end of year money good luck. I should qualify that. If you ask for a phone you'll probably get a Blackberry Bold. Some corporations might begin buying the New classic in 2015. The trick for government is to wait long enough that all the Bold are gone but early enough theres still money left. Tricky.
    Last edited by Bookshelf; 04-22-14 at 07:45 AM.
    04-21-14 08:13 PM
    They already had QNX running on the PlayBook, and yet look how long it took them to make basically the same thing work on a phone.
    Where is the native Maps app on the PlayBook? BBM? Travel? Protect? The vastly improved Browser which is the backbone of so many apps and OS components?Balance? Remember? all of that was not needed on the PlayBook as designed as a companion to BBOS7 devices, but is needed on BB10 phones and had to tightly integrate with the OS. The Hub was developed from the ground up and a significant effort went in to redesigning the OS gestures for one handed operation... which is best of class for any mobile OS but no where near as good as BBOS with the belt. There is nowhere near the same amount of work to implement the Belt on BB10... and adding the Belt is actually a shortcut to further optimization because of BB10s innate mouse support.

The PlayBook wasn't half of the core functionality of a device that is a "phone" and all that work is now done or underway: it's not credible to compare the PB - BB10 delta to that of BB10 - BB10Belted.

How do YOU know almost no modifications will be required? Looks like we're jumping to assumptions all around, so don't get too irritated (at yourself).
    Because I know technology and software / UX design and most people who suggest how hard it will be don't say why, and often when objections are raised they are easily refuted.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-21-14 09:05 PM
    Because I know technology and software / UX design and most people who suggest how hard it will be don't say why, and often when objections are raised they are easily refuted.
    You never refuted mine. To that that you know technology and software/UX design is simple to say, but your posts dictate that you really don't.

BTW: Playbook had Balance. So you don't know technology as much as you think.
    04-21-14 09:19 PM
    Where is the native Maps app on the PlayBook? BBM? Travel? Protect? The vastly improved Browser which is the backbone of so many apps and OS components?Balance? Remember? all of that was not needed on the PlayBook as designed as a companion to BBOS7 devices, but is needed on BB10 phones and had to tightly integrate with the OS. The Hub was developed from the ground up and a significant effort went in to redesigning the OS gestures for one handed operation... which is best of class for any mobile OS but no where near as good as BBOS with the belt. There is nowhere near the same amount of work to implement the Belt on BB10... and adding the Belt is actually a shortcut to further optimization because of BB10s innate mouse support.

The PlayBook wasn't half of the core functionality of a device that is a "phone" and all that work is now done or underway: it's not credible to compare the PB - BB10 delta to that of BB10 - BB10Belted.

Posted via CB10
    LOL...PLAYbook? Wonderful device but what was the reasoning behind that name? Be ready to provide additional clarification when requesting to purchase 26 of something called a PLAYbook... LOL
    04-21-14 09:28 PM
    What bothers me most about this whole announcement is... the announcement itself. I might sound crazy, but - honestly! - I'd prefer to stay all puzzled about the launch date of the Classic, than knowing that it's coming in 6 (SIX for God's sake!!!) freaking months. Time flies by faster when you are not waiting for anything. Now, that we all have set our minds on November it's just crawling and each day becomes a torture. Why, Chen?! Oh, why you did this to us????!!!!!!
    bborgimicks likes this.
    04-22-14 06:12 AM
    LOL...PLAYbook? Wonderful device but what was the reasoning behind that name? Be ready to provide additional clarification when requesting to purchase 26 of something called a PLAYbook... LOL
    Playbook was not for play on your book it was for like a sports teams playbook where all your plays and execution resides. The brain of your system.
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    04-22-14 06:30 AM
    What bothers me most about this whole announcement is... the announcement itself. I might sound crazy, but - honestly! - I'd prefer to stay all puzzled about the launch date of the Classic, than knowing that it's coming in 6 (SIX for God's sake!!!) freaking months. Time flies by faster when you are not waiting for anything. Now, that we all have set our minds on November it's just crawling and each day becomes a torture. Why, Chen?! Oh, why you did this to us????!!!!!!
    Well think of it this way.
    In the year since the launch of BB10 we have had 4 BB10 phones and 1 BBOS phone released with a 5th BB10 coming in a couple weeks. Meanwhile the guys over at iMore had to wait 18 months to replace their iPhone 5 with a slightly faster Gold iPhone 5s. OR with an iPhone 5c which was their iPhone 5 made with cheaper plastic parts.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    04-22-14 06:34 AM
    Playbook was not for play on your book it was for like a sports teams playbook where all your plays and execution resides. The brain of your system.
    Wow, all these years and that never dawned on anyone in my office or purchasing. Makes sense now that you mention it. Thanks.
    kbz1960 and Mr4aces like this.
    04-22-14 06:50 AM
198 ... 34567 ...