So about a week ago, I autoloaded 10.3.3.2205 onto my Classic. Worked beautifully. It's been running nice and zippy since then. Then this morning, suddenly, I can't open any apps. Like, anything: browser, settings, device monitor... can't even open an email or text in the hub. If I tap on an app, the screen will darken for an instant as though it's about to open, then it returns to normal without doing anything.

Tried several soft resets to no avail. Obviously doing another autoload is a consideration, and it might come to that. But first, I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions to avoid that hassle (or theories on what the hell happened here).

[UPDATE: after autoloading, sporadic problems opening android apps continued, but temporarily fixed with reboot. Now browser won't open, even after reboot.]
    Last edited by taylo45; 06-13-17 at 07:51 PM. Reason: updated
    06-04-17 08:53 AM
    If you held down the power button until the phone reboots, and it still doesn't work, then an autoloader it is.
    06-04-17 09:44 AM
    Not sure what has happened to your Classic. If you have an SD card in your device, try removing it then a hard reset (hold the power key down until you see the red led, then release). Normally I would suggest turning off all settings (bluetooth, nfc, wifi, etc ) but I guess you cannot get to that. You may be looking at autoloading again unfortunately.
    06-04-17 09:49 AM
    Ok, I autoloaded again. No problem. Worked fine, used it for a week. Then problems started again. Usually once a day, all Android apps would freeze, and could not be re-opened after closing. When this happened, the Device Monitor also failed to display *any* information. After a reboot, everything would work normally for a while. Now, suddenly, I can't open my browser at all... but only the browser. Guys, what the hell is going on?
    06-13-17 01:35 PM
    Ok, I autoloaded again. No problem. Worked fine, used it for a week. Then problems started again. Usually once a day, all Android apps would freeze, and could not be re-opened after closing. When this happened, the Device Monitor also failed to display *any* information. After a reboot, everything would work normally for a while. Now, suddenly, I can't open my browser at all... but only the browser. Guys, what the hell is going on?
    What android apps are you using. Maybe something that is constantly syncing, taking up too many resources?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 06:22 PM
    Mostly Signal and WhatsApp. But even when I reboot the phone now, the browser still won't open.
    06-13-17 07:28 PM
    I have the same issue. After one Android App just closed and stopped working I rebooted the device.
    Now nothing (exept Hub) opens.

- Can't open any app or Settings
    - Can't display received messages at all
    - Can't establish USB/Wifi/Cell connection to backup Media/Contacts via Link

I used "harder reset" with pushing down vol+/vol-
    No I can use the Phone briefly until it freezes up again. (1-2 Minutes).
    Freeze maybe the wrong term. It seems that it locks itself out of rights to access the internal memory.
    You can still swipe screens and access the quick-menue icons
    Under those Icons I get a flashing indicator

"1 transfer ("Übertragung" since german) 0m 0s remaining"

I managed to uninstall all Android-Apps and extended my window to access the phone.
    I saved 2 of 3GB internal data to an SD-Card, after this the sources was "unavaible".

I am a bit afraid of wiping it now.

1st I cant get a stable USB Connection
    2nd The device seems to lock out of it's own memory, even while a process is accessing it.

What are my options ?
    06-19-17 03:00 PM
    Are you guys setting up as a new device or are you transferring files from a backup as well?
    06-19-17 03:48 PM
    I just was happy with how it worked until it just broke T_T

Saved all my photos to an SD-Card (yeah I suck at computers for not having a backup)

I have initialized SecWipe on the phone since "Link" could not establish a connection. Tbh it's link and Blend why I never backed up the phone because it often just could not get an USB-Connectio

I guess it's my fault for looking into the iPhone SE too much, now even getting WA extended....

Edit:

So My Device goes through the SecWipe pretty fast, then the screen is black (but backlgihted) and nothing happens.....
    Is this normal ?
    Last edited by usernameBravo123; 06-19-17 at 04:44 PM.
    06-19-17 04:25 PM
    Bumping this thread as this continues to be an issue.

I've wiped the phone with autoloaders a half-dozen times. Each time, I let the phone sit overnight to finish setting up completely. The length of time for the issue to reappear varies widely. I used the phone with no issues for several months after one wipe. More recently, it's come back after a week.

The issue, to be clear: The phone will suddenly fail to open any apps, though the OS will remain generally navigable (ie: can scroll through home screens and the quick settings menu). The hub won't be able to open any messages, because that requires opening apps. Rebooting the phone provides a window of several minutes in which everything works normally — and then it stops working again.

My phone is in excellent physical condition, and I've tried different autoloaders, none of which make any difference. It's frustrating to have to replace a seemingly fine phone for such a mysterious problem.

Does anyone have any ideas about what the cause of this issue could be, or any suggestions to try? Must save the Berry!
    10-04-17 12:03 PM
    Lately my classic sometimes cannot open android apps ( it seems that the android player is failing)
    At least a couple of times it happened after having flight mode some hours (no wifi/no phone)

I installed some patched apps recently, so maybe even having them closed they are running in background.

After a restart, and wait for the 1st app, it works again.

Other terrible thing of android are the autostart app, after restoring internet some apps are launched in background.

Is anyone patching apks to remove autostarts?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-17 10:24 AM
    Have this same issue on my BlackBerry Classic. Did you ever get a resolution?
    03-11-18 11:59 PM
    Only one simple solution to solve all these wasting-time debate: just use only native app for BB 10. Don't install any android app.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-18 12:38 AM