08-23-17 03:43 AM
42 12
tools
    A very,very good post, wel written to!
    I like these kind of stories!
    I'm not a business user, I use it primarily for personal things. But I use it every day to check email, bbm, make some phone calls, browsing, fb and cb10. Since i have this phone, i haven't touched my laptop anymore. This device is practically glued to my hands. I occasionally watch YouTube, play a game, make some photos ( and they are really not bad) and it is lagfree!! No problems with speed.

Most off the time when i go to bed (off the charger 08:00 am) at 0:30 am I stil got around 55 % battery life left. For me it's the best phone i have ever had, it does what it supposed to do.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-26-15 05:05 PM
    Honestly after reading the OP success story I think Blackberry should create a commercial based on it !!
    Soapm and Mausje75 like this.
    04-28-15 10:41 AM
    You reminded me of my days in corporate America. I spent 16 years there and my BB was one tool that led to my success. A world where being first to respond might mean eating steak instead of a can of pork and beans.

This is a great example of how my BlackBerry performed exponentially better than any iPhone or Android device ever could. I'm positive that other phones could have done what my BlackBerry did, but I don't think they would have come close in terms of speed, accuracy and efficiency.
    The key here is that you never had to reboot your device. Even my Windows 8 laptop, I can't tell you how many times I've lost well written documents, full of carefully considered research because the darn thing stopped responding and I had to reboot. I looked at the uptime of my 9900 before it started dying and switching to my Classic and it been up 7 months and 13 days...

So for me, the BlackBerry Classic honestly feels as if it was custom made. It was as if someone at BlackBerry HQ saw me using my 4 year old Bold 9900 and decided to make a phone to do what I need it to and not what everyone else is doing.
    Not seeing much your BOLD couldn't do, granted with third party apps but it was a dependable power horse in it's day too.

You can't buy this phone knowing full well it is designed for business use and then complain that other phones are much better at doing non-business things.

Why are so many people calling for a 'Classic 2' with high end specifications? Why the hell would you want a phone to watch videos on that has a square screen with 1/4 of the phone taken up by buttons?
    This is where we part ways, it depends on YOUR business. What if I produce video's, photographer, movies, commercials or do advertising? I may be getting driven in my car and a client ask three firms for idea's for their product. Isn't it equally important that I be first to respond and shouldn't I equally appreciate a device that compliments MY business needs? Let's not limit business to YOUR business... If you say it's for business, include MY business...
    04-28-15 02:02 PM
    OP thank you for the post. I don't get as extensive with my work tasks but a very cool story and very well written. I've been rocking BlackBerry since the 8310 and I absolutely love the Classic. I work in a sales environment so a lot of out of the office emails, calls and texts. People are often amazed at how quickly I get things done. I have an auto signature on my work emails and customers never know if the email is coming from my laptop or my Classic.

Thanks again for the post it was a great read and an excellent story. Should be an excellent commission for the rep and the business.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tnewton3; 04-28-15 at 08:04 PM.
    04-28-15 03:56 PM
    Wow I like your post. I have a start-up (non-tech) business and I definitely agree and inspired by your post.

Coming from a Note 4, I could somehow "do-it-all" with it. But the abundance of apps, it could be so distracting (I have tons of apps that I don't 'use' but usually in a habit of downloading & trying out apps).

With my classic, I can focus only on what's important.

My Note 4 is now relegated as a "multimedia phone" for my daughter when she wants to watch YouTube.

When I bought my Classic this was supposed to be "personal" phone and my Note 4 as my work phone. But after two days I've decided that the Classic is better as a work phone.

No fuss.

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock and sakissalonika like this.
    06-06-15 09:20 AM
    Seems like op success is due to diligence. I'd go crazy trying to do all those tasks on BlackBerry. Instead of something like MacBook Air.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 02:40 PM
    I use the classic as my personal phone by choice, it works fantastic for everything media, streaming, etc. I'm kind of over the "classic is primarily a business phone" clause, because it is a wonderful option as a personal device as well. That said, I use a windows phone for work, as issued by my company, and am envious of BlackBerry business users, as I'm sure you're much more productive when away from your desks.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 04:48 PM
    This post was created back in 4/15 and there have been a lot of people that would probably like this thread. The OP's experience back then was interesting and I'm curious to see if they are still using a Classic.
    01-04-16 05:11 PM
    Awesome stories! Keep them coming!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 06:55 PM
    I like your story. Thank god for Turbo Reader

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 12:12 PM
    I still like going back every now and then to read what the OP wrote.

Posted via CB10
    jas1978 likes this.
    05-27-16 03:09 AM
    Some incredible, incredible stories on this thread
    *applause*

BBM @ 2C1C340C / Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    05-27-16 07:57 AM
    Thanks OP! I agree with you 100%. When it comes to "real communication" the Classic is an absolute beast!

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    05-27-16 10:17 AM
    Hi OP, we might be in the same industry! I'd love to hear about your story and success (I'm just a fledgling startup).

I bought a Blackberry Classic so I could more efficiently run my startup while doing consulting work on the side (to pay for my business, lol). I agree that it's a workhorse and I can't wait to be a true BB poweruser. I'd love some tips and suggestions as to what are the best apps for MS office integration or usage, I currently only have the Blackberry ones. What other apps do you find useful?

Cool and thanks for the bit of motivation!
    05-30-16 03:24 AM
    Probably the best keyboard in the entire modern smartphone market today. I write draft reports, 10-20+ pages on the plane or train on the Classic before taking it to desktop/laptop for final formatting, if needed. I did pick up a very cheap Android phone to use to append to my social life a bit, but I can't imagine typing the volume I write on glass.
    05-30-16 05:09 AM
    Just curious who is still running their business with their Classic. I have a new one arriving by Thursday and I will probably be using it as my primary once again. I imagine it still does the basics very well and I just need the basics.
    08-23-17 01:46 AM
    I run my real estate business from my Classic. For me it handles emails the best of all OS. Opens attachments quickest.

The Hub is the other reason. It's simply the best method of organizing everything I do with my phone.

And call quality is the clearest of any phone I've tried, and I've tried many. In my business calls are a major factor.

I also love the size. It's so manageable and no need for a case.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-17 03:43 AM
42 12