I think you've been smoking too much tumble weed.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    I'm so glad Obama is almost out. Then what are you going to do for cellular service ... I don't smoke that's just as nasty as your choice of living

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 : PIN 2BFE4937 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    04-04-15 04:00 PM
    I'm so glad Obama is almost out. Then what are you going to do for cellular service ... I don't smoke that's just as nasty as your choice of living

Obama's coming over to your house for Easter.

04-04-15 04:03 PM
    Obama's coming over to your house for Easter.

Oh ma gawd no no Isis no !! I thought you were my friend tgeek. I thought we were just shooting the ish....now you've taken it too far. I would never have that liar in my sebum section 8 housing -_-

04-04-15 04:13 PM
    I always have a case, even a skin...never take the chance with my BlackBerry...that's why mine are always excellent condition... :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 04:41 PM
    Oh ma gawd no no Isis no !! I thought you were my friend tgeek. I thought we were just shooting the ish....now you've taken it too far. I would never have that liar in my sebum section 8 housing -_-

LOL!!!

04-04-15 05:03 PM
    Does your car rub up against things in your pocket? Poor comparison.

No, but it rubs up against the millions of particles, sand, rocks, dust, air resistance, water, dirt, bird ****, and everything else at 80+mph every day...

And if you're so concerned about it rubbing up against things in your pocket as you throw your phone in there willy nilly, don't put other things in the same pocket, or stop putting your phone in your pocket.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-04-15 06:53 PM
    People complaining about they expect more if they spent 700 bucks on the phone.

If you spent 700 bucks on your phone get a bloody thin skin case or don't put the 700 dollar phone in your pocket!

My son has an iPhone and he and his buddy got one at the same time. My kids phone has an Otter case with screen protector and is in mint condition. His friends phone has 3 cracks in the screen and chipped all to hell.

My kid know how to handle a 700+ dollar phone.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    04-04-15 07:16 PM
    No, but it rubs up against the millions of particles, sand, rocks, dust, air resistance, water, dirt, bird ****, and everything else at 80+mph every day...

And if you're so concerned about it rubbing up against things in your pocket as you throw your phone in there willy nilly, don't put other things in the same pocket, or stop putting your phone in your pocket.

Thus I use a sleeve for my Classic.

04-04-15 07:58 PM
    Thus I use a sleeve for my Classic.

That works too, so you at least get to use the phone in its naked glory, lol. I just use a holster though, find it more convenient than having to fish in my pockets when I need my phone. But I know it's not "stylish" but I honestly don't give a rat's **** about that, lol.
    04-05-15 12:44 AM
    All cars and cases aside, is it only the bottom made of plastic or the whole bazel is made of plastic (like samsung) - that will be terrible. ....
    Feel like cheated
    Classic build quality-polls_tv_head_2246_414573_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 02:03 AM
    Does your car rub up against things in your pocket? Poor comparison.

Lol. Get well soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 02:00 PM
    People complaining about they expect more if they spent 700 bucks on the phone.

If you spent 700 bucks on your phone get a bloody thin skin case or don't put the 700 dollar phone in your pocket!

My son has an iPhone and he and his buddy got one at the same time. My kids phone has an Otter case with screen protector and is in mint condition. His friends phone has 3 cracks in the screen and chipped all to hell.

My kid know how to handle a 700+ dollar phone.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    That's the way you see it. I take care of my things and if I pay 700$for a phone I'm not going to put a big ugly case around it. But again, that's just the way I see it. If I drop it I'm not going to be mad against anybody but me. But paint pealing just because the phone is in your pocket is another thing.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold, PantherBlitz and eji930 like this.
    04-05-15 02:03 PM
    except it isnt a 700 dollar phone its a 400.
    Well it's 100$ more in Canadian and you can add 15% tax so when it came out it was not far from 700.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 02:05 PM
    That works too, so you at least get to use the phone in its naked glory, lol. I just use a holster though, find it more convenient than having to fish in my pockets when I need my phone. But I know it's not "stylish" but I honestly don't give a rat's **** about that, lol.
    I love the feel of the classic. Solid, perfect size, I don't know.

04-05-15 03:02 PM
    Hmmm, hopefully this is a fringe case. My Bold 9930 was purchased day one, and is still immaculate. The bottom plastic strip never lost its paint, and it still looks new. Daily driver for over 2 years.

I'd go so far as to say from a build quality perspective, the 9930 was the best phone I've ever owned. Just solid, comfortable, ergonomic, weighty in a good way, and just a beast. I have a classic arriving tomorrow, so here's to hoping its not a dud.
    I agree with you 100%. BlackBerry has yet to surpass the 9900/9930 as far as overall build quality and pleasure to hold and use. My 9900 had it's share of dings and drops over 2 years and the metal band all the way around the edges still looks great.

The Q10 comes close to matching the 9900 but there's something about having physical Call and End buttons that is unbeatable on a BlackBerry. I'm looking forward to getting my Classic.

Here's a pic of my Q10, red Q5 and 9900 that I just took with my Passport:
    Classic build quality-img_20150405_155330.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    04-05-15 03:06 PM
    Well it's 100$ more in Canadian and you can add 15% tax so when it came out it was not far from 700.

Posted via CB10
    well in that case if you are looking at those big differences 700 isn't the target either way wasn't saying it in defense of the quality just stating a fact its not 700.
    04-05-15 09:12 PM
    I have to say, compared to the excellent build quality of the Q10 the Classic is not very well made. Had several replacements. My issues so far were:

- Big gap between display and housing on the top
    - Uneven display backlight
    - Yellowish screen panel
    - Display bleeding on the bottom side
    - Trackpad is integrated at an angle
    - Partially unresponsive, not clicky buttons
    - Backside Logo not 3d but flat sticker instead
    - Uneven keyboard backlight, very dark in the center
    - One my first device the toolbelt had too less space on the right side and was always creeking when pressed

The list goes on...
    Last edited by Ulferini Schusterotti; 04-07-15 at 09:48 AM.
    04-07-15 04:35 AM
    I have to say, compared to the excellent build quality of the Q10 the Classic is not very well made. Had several replacements. My issues so far were:

- Big gap between display and housing on the top
    - Uneven display backlight
    - Display bleeding on the bottom side
    - Trackpad is integrated at an angle
    - Partially unresponsive, not clicky buttons
    - Backside Logo not 3d but flat sticker instead
    - Uneven keyboard backlight, very dark in the center
    - One my first device the toolbelt had too less space on the right side and was always creeking when pressed

The list goes on...
    I've heard some of that, luckily the two that I've had does not have any of those. Just wanted to let you know, the back logo is 3D on all of them that does not have wireless charging. Do you have a version with wireless charging? Because those have the flat logo (which I'm assuming is non-metallic for the wireless charging). I had the unlocked version first, then switched to the AT&T version for wireless charging.

04-07-15 07:34 AM
    Damn. The bold 9900 still looking good
    Q10Bold, donemt and 1TIME like this.
    04-07-15 09:41 AM
    Thanks for replying!

Well that's interesting, that they added wireless charging and changed the logo on the back. I mean, no one knows about that and BlackBerry doesn't make a difference in these models and the customer gets anything.

One of my Classics even had a yellowish screen. If I hadn't had a replacement for comparison I'd never know it's yellow...

I don't know whats wrong with BlackBerry but I guess they shouldn't have hired Foxconn to build these devices, my Q10 was perfect.
    04-07-15 09:46 AM
    My only gripe is that I wish they had put a leather back door on the Classic like they did on the Bold 9000. But to copy that look and especially feel I ordered the black leather clam case from Tetded which looks and feels fantastic

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 346297
    04-07-15 10:38 PM
    I have no problems with scratched phone from my pocket... why????... because glued to my hands!! :P

Posted via my awesome Classic
    donemt likes this.
    04-09-15 08:50 AM
    I use the Bold 9930 myself and it is metal all the way around. No plastic or paint on it.
    04-09-15 06:16 PM
    I use the Bold 9930 myself and it is metal all the way around. No plastic or paint on it.
    Go back, I posted pics of the plastic part on the 9900 after it's all scratched up.

04-09-15 08:25 PM
    nope mate bold 9900 was entirely made out of steel. It had two metal connectors at the bottom
    The bottom where the contacts for charging via a stand was surrounded by a plastic strip to prevent any short circuit.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 09:26 PM
146 ... 3456