This ^^
    Posted via CB10
    Sorry but nope ... I was wrong (see edit)
    04-03-15 05:53 AM
    Just common sense these days.... people need to use a case for a phone now.. this isn't the 90's

It's like a thing you gotta do now (oh i got a Samsung or iPhone or blackberry) I NEED TO GET A CASE

I cant stand seeing people that have 'naked' phone... i mean you spend like 400-800 dollars on a bit of hardware/kit and you don't intend to protect the thing? lol idiots.
    04-03-15 06:24 AM
    When you pay 700$ for a phone you expect a minimum built quality.

Posted via CB10
    I paid $353.xx. I got what I paid for.
    04-03-15 06:58 AM
    I ve dropped my Q10 like a milion times and i dont have any single scratch on it = good build quality

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 07:06 AM
    Just common sense these days.... people need to use a case for a phone now.. this isn't the 90's

It's like a thing you gotta do now (oh i got a Samsung or iPhone or blackberry) I NEED TO GET A CASE

I cant stand seeing people that have 'naked' phone... i mean you spend like 400-800 dollars on a bit of hardware/kit and you don't intend to protect the thing? lol idiots.
    I've had a smartphone since the BlackBerry Storm. I have never caused physical damage to any of my phones in a way that would have been protected by a case.

I'm not clumsy. Not everyone needs a case. My girlfriend destroys all her phones, with or without a case.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 07:13 AM

Do u drive a car with a cover on it ?
    Just curious

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 08:02 AM
    Classic build quality-right.jpg

Posted via my awesome Classic
    slagman5 and Soapm like this.
    04-03-15 08:06 AM
    Just curious

Posted via CB10
    Would be awesome to see some amazing cars with plastic or rubber all around them...
    Maybe you can start to make some, could sell well...

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 08:11 AM
    Just curious

Posted via CB10
    lol no... but my bike has a plastic cover all over it.... (kept getting scratched via stones/rocks) - maybe i just like to take pride in the things i work hard for?

But your point is totally irrelevant... so you're comparing a phone to a car now? 0_o what the hell (crazy mode engaged)
    04-03-15 08:37 AM
    lol no... but my bike has a plastic cover all over it.... (kept getting scratched via stones/rocks) - maybe i just like to take pride in the things i work hard for?

But your point is totally irrelevant... so you're comparing a phone to a car now? 0_o what the hell (crazy mode engaged)
    It's friday...Almost weekend...people get crazy @that moment

Posted via CB10
    NikoB82 likes this.
    04-03-15 08:42 AM
    When you pay 700$ for a phone you expect a minimum built quality.

Posted via CB10
    except it isnt a 700 dollar phone its a 400.
    04-03-15 09:07 AM
    except it isnt a 700 dollar phone its a 400.
    Exactly... but still 400 $$$ is a alot of money i expect some 'tough build' on it... blackberry must be really on a budget...

The Q10 is awesome quality.
    04-03-15 09:11 AM
    I agree the Q10 was very nice, although I do prefer unpainted stainless steel vs the black steel frame. Scratch painted metal and you expose the color underneath. Minor thing though.

I wish manufacturers would use steel as its much harder than aluminum. I get that aluminum is much lighter than steel, but drop an aluminum phone and it dents up like plastic. It's hardly resilient to drops. Blackberry is one of the few companies to get that right at least. And besides, I've never in my life thought "my God this phone is heavy". Lightness makes phones easier to drop.
    Well, the frame on the Q10 was milled from a block of forged stainless steel.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-03-15 09:23 AM

Oh yes, idiots. OR, we spend the money on a device, we actually want to use it and see it. They might as well make everything out of rubber if we all should just care about putting cases on them. There's also something called being careful, I don't drop my devices left and right, my Q10 doesn't have a single scratch on the screen, and same can be said about all of my other phones I've had, and I never use a case.

So you basically buy things with the sole intention of reselling it I guess if you're so paranoid about getting any scratch on it that you "must" put a case on everything. The funny thing about that is that you basically never really get to experience the device the way it was meant to be experienced. You spend $400, $500, $600 on a device just to hold a plastic shell for a few years, lol.

You probably spend extra on leather seats for your car just to cover them up with cheap cloth seat covers to avoid messing up the leather, lol.

Q10Bold likes this.
    04-03-15 09:31 AM
    Almost forgot to do this, but I've found the photos I took of my Bold 9900 when I was listing it for sale:

Classic build quality-img_0238.jpg
    ddlax22 and sk8er_tor like this.
    04-03-15 09:45 AM
    It's like when people used to get Car Bras... I have to protect the front of my car from scratches so that it looks good.... but it's covered up so I never see it looking good. Good thing I know in my mind that under that cover it's flawless - I can just imagine how good it looks (since I can't see it because it's covered up!)

They do the same thing in big cities with bumper protectors and they never remove the protector. So you're protecting your bumper so that it looks good, but you never see it looking good because it's covered up. Never understood that logic.

On to the phones... I've had an 8300, 8900, 9800, 9810, Z10, and now a Z30. They've all had paint chips. My Z30 has a couple big ones right now.
    slagman5 and Taigatrommel like this.
    04-03-15 09:51 AM
    It's like when people used to get Car Bras... I have to protect the front of my car from scratches so that it looks good.... but it's covered up so I never see it looking good. Good thing I know in my mind that under that cover it's flawless - I can just imagine how good it looks (since I can't see it because it's covered up!)

They do the same thing in big cities with bumper protectors and they never remove the protector. So you're protecting your bumper so that it looks good, but you never see it looking good because it's covered up. Never understood that logic.

On to the phones... I've had an 8300, 8900, 9800, 9810, Z10, and now a Z30. They've all had paint chips. My Z30 has a couple big ones right now.
    Exactly, those idiots... ;-)

(I do agree with you 100%, mocking someone else at the moment, haha.)
    04-03-15 09:54 AM
    Oh yes, idiots. OR, we spend the money on a device, we actually want to use it and see it. They might as well make everything out of rubber if we all should just care about putting cases on them. There's also something called being careful, I don't drop my devices left and right, my Q10 doesn't have a single scratch on the screen, and same can be said about all of my other phones I've had, and I never use a case.

So you basically buy things with the sole intention of reselling it I guess if you're so paranoid about getting any scratch on it that you "must" put a case on everything. The funny thing about that is that you basically never really get to experience the device the way it was meant to be experienced. You spend $400, $500, $600 on a device just to hold a plastic shell for a few years, lol.

You probably spend extra on leather seats for your car just to cover them up with cheap cloth seat covers to avoid messing up the leather, lol.

Lol! Exactly! Buy a 400 or 600$ Phone and put a 5$ cheap plastic case on it! Wow! hehe
    04-03-15 10:12 AM
    Being careful? says you that just posted a picture of the 9900 al scratched/paint worn off at the bottom lmao you crack me up.

I guess your right tho we all gotta be careful but a little protection goes a long way you know? CONDOMS! lol.....

Ok.... i once got a monitor 30 inch had all plastic over it etc had it for 3 years finally sold it via ebay and once i took the plastic off? it looked new as F**** lol - so you're saying i never experienced the phones i have got over the last 10 years or more? simply because i got a rubber case or hard shell case for it? lol right you are slaggy! right you are... lmao i prefer to hold my phone in my hand knowing the fact shes all protected..... lol call me paranoid or not i really don't care i take pride in the things and if you look after them they'll look after you ?

so yea, take a good look at the picture you just posted... lol (value would of been more if it didn't have the marks on it?)

Holy sh!t!!! how did you know that? because you are right me and my old man are like that but he's worst he's fussy about messing up leather LOOOOL
    04-03-15 10:30 AM
    Now I have to wait for Blackberry to release "stainless steel" nail polish to cover up.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 11:09 AM
    That takes me back. In my part of the country in the 70's every house owned by a person over 50 had their furniture covered in godawful clear plastic to "keep it nice". I still remember sticking to couches in the summer
    04-03-15 11:18 AM
    As long as it's not caused by drops or any unintended physical impact, I tend to see them as normal battle scars from heavy use. It is still 100% functional right? If that is the case, it's all good.
    04-03-15 11:24 AM
    Being careful? says you that just posted a picture of the 9900 al scratched/paint worn off at the bottom lmao you crack me up.

I guess your right tho we all gotta be careful but a little protection goes a long way you know? CONDOMS! lol.....

Ok.... i once got a monitor 30 inch had all plastic over it etc had it for 3 years finally sold it via ebay and once i took the plastic off? it looked new as F**** lol - so you're saying i never experienced the phones i have got over the last 10 years or more? simply because i got a rubber case or hard shell case for it? lol right you are slaggy! right you are... lmao i prefer to hold my phone in my hand knowing the fact shes all protected..... lol call me paranoid or not i really don't care i take pride in the things and if you look after them they'll look after you ?

so yea, take a good look at the picture you just posted... lol (value would of been more if it didn't have the marks on it?)

Holy sh!t!!! how did you know that? because you are right me and my old man are like that but he's worst he's fussy about messing up leather LOOOOL
    That's from holster wear, LOL. I didn't have a single scratch on the screen. I am VERY careful. So *buzz* try again. :-D

04-03-15 11:29 AM
    That takes me back. In my part of the country in the 70's every house owned by a person over 50 had their furniture covered in godawful clear plastic to "keep it nice". I still remember sticking to couches in the summer
    I'd rather use it until it rips than cover it up and never get to use it. That's just a total waste of money to spend money on something and never get to really use it and enjoy it...

Q10Bold likes this.
    04-03-15 11:33 AM
    That's from holster wear, LOL. I didn't have a single scratch on the screen. I am VERY careful. So *buzz* try again. :-D

Noted,

DO NOT GET A 'HOLSTER' lol
    04-03-15 11:38 AM
146 12345 ...