I'm wondering if I can use my unlocked Classic on Boost mobile. I know Sprint wasn't able to activate my phone on their network because they're CDMA based, but I read online Boost is IDEN based. I also read that there is a work around to get it to work but I wanna know if anyone has ever gotten it to work. Their two lines with unlimited talk and text with 10 GB of data for each line for $60/month sounds irresistible...
    03-25-16 05:15 AM
    What version of the phone do you have? Doespecially sprint and boost have good coverage around you? I belive boost actually uses sprint towers. I use cricket mobile with my att variant. Att owner them and cricket uses their towers. I used to have boost here and majority of the time it was okay. But the Internet quality was terrible. I'd wait forever for a page to load. I live in Virginia near Virginian beach and Verizon is the best around this area but att is second.
    03-25-16 07:22 AM
    Where I live there are more Sprint towers than any other carrier. I just have an unlocked Classic, not any branded variant. Will it work?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 01:35 PM
    Honestly I'm not sure man you'd have to call boost and give them the imei and they could check or you could look up the variant and check the bands of the phone and see if they use whatever type boost uses.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 03:59 PM
    I'd be shocked
    03-26-16 03:14 AM
    Honestly I'm not sure man you'd have to call boost and give them the imei and they could check or you could look up the variant and check the bands of the phone and see if they use whatever type boost uses.

Posted via CB10
    Turns out it's impossible. I thought there would be a work around since Classic can be used on Cricket but I guess not. Sprint/Virgin/Boost are an "exclusive" carrier. Bunch of bull if you ask me because they don't pump out any different speed than the GSM carriers.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 03:35 AM
    Sprint owns Boost and Virgin
    03-26-16 07:00 PM