Hi all - I had some unfortunate challenges with the Passport and decided to give the Classic a try. I must say I am pleasantly surprised and am liking it more than I thought I would. I mean, I knew I would love the hub because I have always appreciated the hub however in addition to that am loving the build quality. This is a real solid phone with nice weight, a great keyboard and almost perfect size.

The first one I purchased had really uneven keyboard lighting. I would classify it as severe with just a few keys lighting in white and all others, approximately 85% lighting real dim or yellowish. I returned it and the second one is evenly lit.

Really like this device, battery life seems okay and I am sure will get better as I use/charge it a few times over the first few weeks.

I will go back and forth between this and my Note 4
    08-19-15 10:46 AM
    The Classic is my secondary device. Love it but prefer the all touch of the Z30 overall. The Classic is one fine device for those wanting a keyboard.
    BobR1908 and bigjman like this.
    08-19-15 12:35 PM
    I'm loving my Classic right now. I've been using the Passport since launch day and I must admit, the Classic is the perfect size. The Passport is a workhorse though with its battery and capacitive keyboard. I'll be switching back and forth between both of these awesome devices.

Sent from my  Classic
    BobR1908 likes this.
    08-19-15 02:06 PM
    So is the switch really worth it from the Passport? I'm really undecided at the moment. Wait for the slider? Switch to an Android? Buy the Classic right away?

I'm somewhat uncertain because of the weak specs, yet, I love the form factor, including the toolbelt and the classic keyboard.

Do you feel any performance problems with the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 05:35 PM
    I do not see any issue with the specs. I use my phone for social media, email, messaging, little bit of browsing. I am not a gamer and the specs delivered by the Classic easily provided me with all I need. I find the size much more friendly than the passport (almost perfect) size and I prefer the traditional keyboard over the PP keyboard. All in all, it works for me but I also have a Note 4 to use when I want to as well.
    08-19-15 08:20 PM
    I agree. Really love mine too.

 Classic
    BobR1908 likes this.
    08-19-15 09:07 PM
    I'm giving more and more time to the Classic, like now, but I still cruise with the Z30 for surfing and kindle... having a hard time to say goodbye to the 30... so, instead of suffering... I carry both and Hotspot the Classic to fire up the Z30... :-)

Posted via CB10
    BobR1908 likes this.
    08-19-15 10:04 PM
    I'll be glad when they refresh the Classic like they did the failport.....then perhaps the threads will become more relevant...the slider keyboard concerns me.....the Classic is just the right size.....sigh

J Be....Here But Gone...
    08-20-15 05:36 AM
    A little bump in specs is always welcomed. I agree with you, the size is perfect and it has a bit of weight to it which gives it a real solid and premium feeling.

To be honest though, current specs are enough for me. If you are not gaming and simply use your phone for email, social media and browsing then you would be more than fine with what it currently offers.

Hope you have a great day
    08-20-15 08:22 AM
    i simply don't like the classic because of the Hub icon located at the bottom left of the screen . They should have left the phone icon or make it customizable.
    Sorry Classic
    08-20-15 08:30 AM
    Aren't the classics specs the same as the z10/q10 phones,just adds pkb, track pad, belt,etc? I'm looking to switch phones from z10. No complaints except for the battery life. Wouldn't mind a passport but I have small hands, like one handed use, and the slider is too suspect at this point. I don't mind a smaller screen. I'll sacrifice screen size for a better battery

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 10:00 AM
    I was a Q10 user since last year until this year Feb. Then I change it to Passport. OnePlus One is my main phone and my Q10 or now Passport is my 2nd phone. I always feel that Passport is too wide for me. Until I decided to change my main SIM into Passport since May2015 and OnePlus One as my 2nd phone, I have realised that Passport is the phone that I love. It is awesome. I am a power user as my screen on time can be 5 hrs per day and Passport can handle it. I don't play games but I like to read articles, news and of coz the BBM channel as well. I like Technology. I do like the Classic and I will get one when the price drop. I will prefer Slider than Classic becoz I have Passport. I will replace my OnePlus One with Slider becoz I believe BB10+Android is the thing that I want. I love the Brand BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-20-15 10:57 AM
    I used to think Q10 was the best OS10 device with pkb. Now I changed my mind after a month use of Classic. Grab a Classic if you don't feel comfortable with the size of a Passport.

Posted via Classic
    BobR1908 likes this.
    08-20-15 01:11 PM
    I got my Classic on the 12th of this month and I can honestly say this is the best phone I have ever owned. I've had an LG G2, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S3, and a Sharp Aquos. I thought the iPhone was just plain boring and I didn't like the lack of customization features with it and the stability issues with the android devices was annoying as hell. I did like the fact that you could make the android devices personal, but I really hated the random shut downs that plagued every android I've ever owned. This BlackBerry on the other hand just begs for me to use it, and the functionality in it to help with typing long emails is a huge bonus. The keyboard shortcuts are also an added bonus. This Classic is also built like a tank, in the way that it just feels substantial and high quality. I'm loving mine in case you couldn't tell.

-Moe

Posted via CB10
    BobR1908 likes this.
    08-20-15 01:57 PM
    So is the switch really worth it from the Passport? I'm really undecided at the moment. Wait for the slider? Switch to an Android? Buy the Classic right away?

I'm somewhat uncertain because of the weak specs, yet, I love the form factor, including the toolbelt and the classic keyboard.

Do you feel any performance problems with the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think the specs are weak at all. If you're going to compare it to the Passport, you will see its shortcomings on paper. But I have found no flaws in using it on now my 8th day of use. I have all the apps (native and Android) that I had on my Passport on my Classic. Go buy one now and don't look back.

Sent from my  Classic
    08-20-15 02:07 PM
    I don't think the specs are weak at all. If you're going to compare it to the Passport, you will see its shortcomings on paper. But I have found no flaws in using it on now my 8th day of use. I have all the apps (native and Android) that I had on my Passport on my Classic. Go buy one now and don't look back.

Sent from my  Classic
    I fully agree.

Posted via CB10
    BobR1908 and AZN like this.
    08-20-15 02:34 PM
    i simply don't like the classic because of the Hub icon located at the bottom left of the screen . They should have left the phone icon or make it customizable.
    Sorry Classic
    I agree with making it customizable, but the phone icon would have been dumb since pressing the call send button right under that would do the exact same thing, lol. But yes, I wish they allowed you to customize it.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-20-15 08:50 PM
    My wife got the Classic and I've had the Passport, but every time I handled it I just kept feeling that warm fuzzy awesomeness of the trackpad and the size really does fit well.

Took the plunge and got the Blue one on this latest sale, just arrived today: still setting it up, but already loving the one handed use.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 09:30 PM
    My wife got the Classic and I've had the Passport, but every time I handled it I just kept feeling that warm fuzzy awesomeness of the trackpad and the size really does fit well.

Took the plunge and got the Blue one on this latest sale, just arrived today: still setting it up, but already loving the one handed use.

Posted via CB10
    Could you post a photo of the blue? I am yet to see it

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 10:57 PM
    Just switched back to the classic from the Passport and the whole size thing made me switch back.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 06:33 PM
    I switched in April from an iphone 5 to BlackBerry classic and there are a few negative sides on my device. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the classic but I have some problems with the fb app, it freezes sometimes when I get alot of messages in a short time. For example if someone sends a few lines quikly I cant see them for like 5min which is pretty annoying... Also a lot of apps are still a bit laggy (spotify for example which I use a lot!). Still I love my classic and there are way more positive sides than negative on it, just poiting out that there still is a lot of work to do

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 05:21 PM
    I switched in April from an iphone 5 to BlackBerry classic and there are a few negative sides on my device. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the classic but I have some problems with the fb app, it freezes sometimes when I get alot of messages in a short time. For example if someone sends a few lines quikly I cant see them for like 5min which is pretty annoying... Also a lot of apps are still a bit laggy (spotify for example which I use a lot!). Still I love my classic and there are way more positive sides than negative on it, just poiting out that there still is a lot of work to do

Posted via CB10
    That's the bad thing about BlackBerry in general currently. Even the Passport has the same issues. The Facebook app is, and has always been, crappy. I don't understand why they can't fix it.

The other issue, the Android runtime environment is not the newest and most apps coming from the Android side are quite performance hungry while not being built for BlackBerry at all. This leads to quite a lot of problems there.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 05:57 PM
    Sorry Classic
    That is rather simple :/
    I personally like the hub icon better, I don't have to worry about the phone app opening on me and making a call. Plus there is a phone button... would be over kill to have two phone icons and a physical button for the phone.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-22-15 06:14 PM