If those leaked specs from N4BB turned out to be true, The BlackBerry Classic better not be sold over $200 - $150. Even the cheapest smartphones nowdays have a quad core Snapdragon 400 SoC.

BlackBerry would be quite late and i can't see anyone willing to pay $500 for that.
    You probably saw those specs but i'll just paste them here:

Colors: White, Black
    Hardware Dimensions (LxWxD): 131 x 72.4 x 10.2 mm
    Weight: 178g
    Processor: Qualcomm MSM8960 Dual Core 1.5 GHz
    Memory: 2 GB DDR2 RAM + 16GB eMMC Expandable Memory Hot swappable MicroSD slot (up to 128GB)
    3.46� LTPS TFT LCD touchscreen
    720�720 resolution
    294 PPI
    1:1 Aspect ratio
    24 bit Color (16M colors)
    Rear Facing Camera: 8MP Auto-Focus, Backside Illumination, 5 element F2.2 lens, Flash, continuous & touch to focus, Image & video stabilization, 5x digital zoom, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps, 2DOF video stabilization
    Front Facing Camera: 2MP Fixed-Focus, 3x digital zoom, 720p HD video recording
    35 key backlit physical keyboard. The following Keyboards are supported: Black model � QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, Arabic, 5-Stroke, BoPoMoFo; White model � QWERTY, Arabic External Keys
    Front (Physical Key Belt): Send, Menu, Escape, End (Power)
    Top: Lock/Power (On/Off)
    Side: Volume Up / Mute / Volume Down (Media Overload as Track Fwd / Pause / Track Back)
    Optical Trackpad � Located on front face of device, Escape Key to the right, Menu Key to the left
    Three microphones for Noise Cancelation, Integrated speaker, Hands-free headset capable, Bluetooth headset capable, Integrated Hands-Free Speakerphone, Wideband AMR, FM Radio Receive (headset as antenna) Headset
    3.5 mm stereo headset support
    Micro USB 2.0 High Speed � allows charging and data synchronization of the device with a USB �A� to micro-USB �B� cable
    USB Port: Micro B at bottom of device.
    Physical Video out via SlimPort
    Wireless Video out via Miracast
    NFC
    DLNA Server Power Adapter
    +5V DC / 850 mA AC power adapter, OMTP Complaint (to be selected and supplied by BlackBerry).
    2515 mAh (minimum) non-removable Lithium Ion battery
    Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Hall Sensor, Ambient light sensor SIM Interface
    Nano SIM card (4FF)
    Qi and Powermat wireless charging supported on SQC100-2 and SQC100-3 only.
    10-15-14 09:07 AM
    I prefer the specs posted by Dhabkirk... they seem more legit:

Specs
    131 x 72.4 x 9.5 mm
    177g
    Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Magnetometer
    Processor: Dual Core 1.7 GHz
    2GB RAM
    720�720 Resolution, 1:1 Aspect-Ratio, 290PPI
    Rear Facing Camera: 8MP Auto-Focus, 5 Element F2.2 Lens, Single LED Flash, 5x Digital Zoom, 1080p Video (30fps)
    Front Facing Camera: 2MP, 3x Digital Zoom, 720p Video
    35 Key, 4 Row Physical Backlight Keyboard
    3 Built-In Microphones
    3.5mm Stereo Headset Support
    Nano-SIM Card Required
    Micro SD Card (Up To 128GB)
    Qi Wireless Charging Support (On Select Models)
    Trackpad, Call, Menu, Back, and End Buttons
    Micro USB 2.0, SlimPort HDMI
    Miracast
    Non-Removable 2515mAh Li-Ion Battery
    NFC
    10-15-14 09:12 AM
    Is the BlackBerry Classic equally as powerful as the BlackBerry Q10, slightly more or slightly less? I'm not talking about the obvious things like resolution, PPI, and lack of Hdmi. Just hardware /specs.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 09:21 AM
    For the thousandth time, there is no lack of HDMI. There is simply the new slimport connector.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 09:32 AM
    Is the BlackBerry Classic equally as powerful as the BlackBerry Q10, slightly more or slightly less? I'm not talking about the obvious things like resolution, PPI, and lack of Hdmi. Just hardware /specs.

Posted via CB10
    Should be as powerful if not more than the Z30s. Ditto with battery life. Also, the Classic will have HDMI through Slimport, just like the Passport.

From a Z30
    10-15-14 10:50 AM
    The Classic better be priced @ a premium, $550+.

Just to keep the unqualified from having one, let the poor people play with their 'Droids.
    wincyUt and MobileMadness002 like this.
    10-15-14 11:09 AM
    I won't pay premium price for an S4. No matter how much I'd like to have the toolbelt back.
    yuvaraki likes this.
    10-15-14 12:01 PM
    The Classic better be priced @ a premium, $550+.

Just to keep the unqualified from having one, let the poor people play with their 'Droids.
    They'd be "unqualified" but smart then
    10-15-14 12:18 PM
    If foxcon are making the classic, it SHOULD be cheaper. I have been holding out for a classic, the specs are pretty disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    yuvaraki likes this.
    10-15-14 01:00 PM
    Or else?

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh and wincyUt like this.
    10-15-14 01:03 PM
    I can promise you it will be over 200$...
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-15-14 01:25 PM
    I can promise you it will be over 200$...
    That's my fear, but still I hope. Not for me really, but for BlackBerry themselves.
    If those entry-level specs are correct and if the phone is indeed made by Foxconn, a $150 phone could really appeal to many enterprises willing to upgrade their BBOS-based devices. After all, the business is really focused on BES now
    10-15-14 04:35 PM
    It's blackberry it will be more

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 04:48 PM
    At present if you want to charge a premium price for a phone IMHO the minimum specs should be 3 gigs of ram 32gbs of internal memory and quad core cpu. If the Classic doesn't have this I see no point in shelling out more than $500. I'd rather have the Passport then.

Z30 and loving it on 10.3.0.1418!
    10-15-14 08:21 PM
    I'd be happy with $400. I'd be surprised if it was anything less than that. In no way would they sell it for less than $300 (nor should they). If you want better specs, then you would have to pay more for it.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-15-14 08:36 PM
    Remember that BlackBerry is focused on Enterprise and not consumer sales. This will help bring those Enterprise customers who were holding onto their old BBOS phones into the BB10 fold. It doesn't need to be priced under cost in order to sell in that market. They're more than happy to sell to the diehard consumers who are left, but aren't specifically out there looking for your business. That's why they don't need to price it at under $200.

I know you don't want to hear this, but BlackBerry doesn't really care about the average consumer anymore (and they don't need to). They care about business users (as evidenced by their very Enterprise focused Passport launch). They're not looking to topple the giants.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    10-15-14 08:48 PM
    Many $300 phones has great internal specs with 1080p display and snapdragon 800, including many Chinese manufactured handset like Xiaomi, oppo, One plus, Meizu, etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:58 PM
    Many $300 phones has great internal specs with 1080p display and snapdragon 800, including many Chinese manufactured handset like Xiaomi, oppo, One plus, Meizu, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Processors aren't the expensive part of the phone. Build quality plays a huge role in how expensive a phone can be to make. Why do you think Apple switched from stainless steel to aluminum? Because it's lighter? Please! It's because it's cheaper to build phones from that material.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    10-15-14 09:07 PM
    If foxcon are making the classic, it SHOULD be cheaper. I have been holding out for a classic, the specs are pretty disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    Foxconn is only making the Z3, nothing else.
    10-15-14 09:13 PM
    Realistically speaking many of these specs are just marketing gimmicks. They look good but have little impact on performance. 4x cpu would be waste of raw power with small screen like that. Also bb10 just like iOS are more efficient less power consuming operating systems. Android is just more power hungry.
    Xenolock likes this.
    10-16-14 12:51 AM
    Foxconn is only making the Z3, nothing else.
    Lol no they did not sign a 5-year agreement just for the Z3. A BB exec told me Foxconn will actually play a bigger part in their production
    10-16-14 01:01 AM
    Realistically speaking many of these specs are just marketing gimmicks. They look good but have little impact on performance. 4x cpu would be waste of raw power with small screen like that. Also bb10 just like iOS are more efficient less power consuming operating systems. Android is just more power hungry.
    Sure, Android is crap and BB10, iOS or Windows phone run great on dual core SoC. Thats's not the point. Nevertheless, the above specs - again if they are true, would mean that a Classic does not cost more than $100 in production. hence i don't see sold more than $200 or it'd be the biggest joke in smartphone history.

Why would any enterprise upgrade to thousands of expensive iPhone 6 if those Classic answer the needs of their employees for a cheap price ?
    10-16-14 01:05 AM
    It will not be that cheap. It has a premium build. You can expect it to be at least $399. You're missing the point that this is a niche product and with it comes a price. Nobody else offers a track pad or keyboard. The Q5 is <$200 product this is not anywhere near it. By your logic Q10 should be have $200 as well when it launched if you look at specs alone because it was already outdated directly compared to flagship android devices. BB is not going to sell these at a lost just to make people jump on the bandwagon. People who understand BB's worth will buy this.
    Yanncli21 likes this.
    10-16-14 03:38 AM
    But what you are missing is that smartphones are just an excuse to sell BES when it comes to enterprises

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 04:36 AM
    Just hoping BB turns a profit. Wont need a spare battery if it's cheap enough... i'll just pack a spare phone!!
    10-16-14 08:39 AM
51 123