01-22-15 12:45 AM
159 ... 567
tools
    @conite.
    I understand where you are coming from.

But my point is: what can OS10 do, that OS7 could not.
    I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor.

As I'm editing a Microsoft Excel document using Microsoft Mobile Office (connected to my OneDrive cloud storage) , multitasking over to my remote work PC desktop using VNC, responding to bbms and text messages directly in the toast messages at the top of my screen, I'm counting the minutes until I can have some lunch while firing up Netflix to finish the show I was watching last night. That's just what I'm doing right now!

I also enjoy integrated access to my Synology NAS wherever I am in the world. Daily, I remotely control all of my home's audio and video systems. I can go on, and on, and on...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-21-15 11:37 AM
    @conite

I'm just don't think that the BB10 foundation was well thought out. It's like remodeling a house with a timber foundation. At some point someone has to replace the timber with concrete.

I have accepted this and the short coming but I don't like it.

The phone is great.

Posted via CB10
    I think a more accurate analogy is BB10 was built fresh with a more modern and substantial foundation designed to handle the current loads. Android and IOS are older foundations not originally designed for today's loads. They just keep renovating the structural members, but the foundation is still the same. I believe those platforms will hit the ceiling sooner than BB10 will. QNX is a pretty advanced system.

Posted via CB10
    twirlyboy likes this.
    01-21-15 11:56 AM
    If the Bold 9900 is your phone of preference why not buy one (or two!) on eBay. Then you'll have a new phone that is the one you like the best.

Ken
    Agreed and indeed this is what I have done.

For $13, I bought a complete new housing with keyboard for my 9900. I could by a new display for an additional $27, but that would probably be total overkill.

@conite
    I agree with you as well and concede that I got a bit carried away in my most recent post. As you see, in the post prior to that I referred to UI changes and improvements.

So I'd rather see improvements and additions to an OS within the existing UI as much as possible.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    01-21-15 12:12 PM
    You guys are more in tune to today's software. I thought BB10 from RIM/ML was not originally based on the QNX platform and that was added within the last 1.5 years? I'm just going from memory, which at my age is not very good.

Don't want to argue the OS7 vs BB10 any more. As I've stated in the past 1-2 weeks, the Classic and BB10.3.2072 is great. I have made that steep learning curve to transition to BB10 and have circumvented the down falls of BBM10 by using 3-5 different apps.

Since I'm of the minority regarding my opinion how BBM10 only shares to contacts. I happy with the progress of the OS and the Classic.

All that being said, as per the title of this tread. BBM10 could have been simplified as compared to BBM7.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 12:32 PM

@conite
    I agree with you as well and concede that I got a bit carried away in my most recent post. As you see, in the post prior to that I referred to UI changes and improvements.

So I'd rather see improvements and additions to an OS within the existing UI as much as possible.
    I'm the first to say you should use whatever works for you. Absolutely. If the 9900 suits your needs - that's awesome.

The only caveat to that is that you will have to move on at some point not too far away. The Classic may be the closest flyby that BB10 (or any other platform) will ever make to what you are using now. If a hit needs to be taken to learn something new, this may be as good a time as any.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-21-15 12:33 PM
    I'm the first to say you should use whatever works for you. Absolutely. If the 9900 suits your needs - that's awesome.

The only caveat to that is that you will have to move on at some point not too far away. The Classic may be the closest flyby that BB10 (or any other platform) will ever make to what you are using now. If a hit needs to be taken to learn something new, this may be as good a time as any.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Little hard to move completely away from the 99 and BBOS7 when it saves me 10-20 steps. I'm using BB10 90%+ of the time and have adjusted to BB10.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on QNX. If BB10/RIM started with QNX my analogy has been wrong. I've only been reading this site since April so your more cognizance of the whole BlackBerry history.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-21-15 12:47 PM
    Little hard to move completely away from the 99 and BBOS7 when it saves me 10-20 steps. I'm using BB10 90%+ of the time and have adjusted to BB10.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on QNX. If BB10/RIM started with QNX my analogy has been wrong. I've only been reading this site since April so your more cognizance of the whole BlackBerry history.

Posted via CB10
    You're giving it a valiant attempt my friend!

Perhaps, over time, you'll end up making changes to how you handle your social activities to bring them more in line with the capabilities of your new device as opposed to the other way around. Time will tell. You seem pretty resourceful.

And yes, QNX has always been under the hood of BB10 and the PlayBook OS before it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    twirlyboy and Mr4aces like this.
    01-21-15 01:01 PM
    Please Close This Tread
    MarsupilamiX and rthonpm like this.
    01-22-15 12:16 AM
    You're right, it's probably run its course.
    /Closed.
    01-22-15 12:45 AM
159 ... 567