Dude... Honestly, read every post here and your original post really just sounds like a whole lot of whining about a few little things that you don't like. If you enjoy OS7 so much, stay with it until it dies gasping and expires. Save us the ranting and rather juvenile whimpering here... I've used every BlackBerry since 2008 and yeah, it's a big change from OS7 to BB10, but damn Man, it ain't the imminent failure of the universe and the sky isn't crashing down that you seem to see. It's just new. Stop crying and learn it and if you don't like it- don't use it. Simple.

Posted via CB10
    You missed the post where I said I've used it and know how to use it

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 05:31 PM
    You can do it OP.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-17-15 07:16 PM
    I have uploaded the new BB10.3.2072 today. During the SeaHawks game I used FeedMinder, Gnewsreader, BBM10 and a BlackBerry Twitter.

The feeds did not provide instant news feeds. The BlackBerry version of Twitter works great! Instant news feeds and although it does not have "same time" multiple sharing, it does give you the option to pick "a" Twitter account, all your BBM channels, groups and contacts and "all" the other social feeds plus emails and text messaging.

This is what was missing from BBM10. I guess the "main" purpose of BBM10 (post RIM/ML) is for secure work groups and communications.

Don't need BBM10 for my use but I'm sure it is ideal for the work environment.

Thank you BlackBerry and John Chen for fixing RIM's mistakes and giving BlackBerryHeads some hope on BlackBerry's future.

Twitter if fantastic now!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-18-15 at 06:25 PM.
    01-18-15 06:03 PM
    I will keep these RSS feeder apps on my phone since I paid for them.

Today I learn how slow the RSS feeds were. In the future if I want to know what is going on, I will keyword search on Twitter. The only benefit to RSS feeds is it puts collective information in one spot.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 06:09 PM
    "Squeaky wheel gets the oil"???
    Or maybe "They did get it"???

Right on BlackBerry!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 06:13 PM
    BBM10.3.2072 is a must load. I think it solved the sync problems I was having with FB. Won't know till I work on Facebook tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 06:18 PM
    Not complicated... unknown

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 04:56 PM
    Face Book sync fixed problem
    bspence87 likes this.
    01-19-15 05:51 PM
    Hey Conite, do you have a Classic?

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    01-20-15 05:31 PM
    Hey Conite, do you have a Classic?

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    No. I'm holding out for the VISA (hoping).

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-20-15 05:39 PM
    Double post
    01-20-15 05:41 PM
    Ok, I have a Z30 and missing the keyboard, nothing beats a qwerty, as far as work is considered. Trying to get some opinions from folks who worked on a z30 as well a Classic.
    The z30 is powerful and dint want to move to a Classic if it doesn't have enough power or lags.

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    01-20-15 05:47 PM
    Ok, I have a Z30 and missing the keyboard, nothing beats a qwerty, as far as work is considered. Trying to get some opinions from folks who worked on a z30 as well a Classic.
    The z30 is powerful and dint want to move to a Classic if it doesn't have enough power or lags.

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    I think your desire for a physical keyboard should trump all other considerations.

Yes the Z30 is a bit faster (especially its GPU for gaming), but for the most part you wouldn't notice the difference.

If you're missing the keyboard, get the Classic for sure.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-20-15 06:00 PM
    Don't do a lot of gaming. But if the classic can pull off everything else, then I think I will take a plunge. Thinking will get it from Amazon, if I don't like it, I think I have a 15 day window?
    I have a friend's z10 too and the difference between z30 and z10 is day and night in terms of power.

#PoweredByBlackBerry [STA100-5 Z30]
    01-20-15 06:04 PM
    Don't do a lot of gaming. But if the classic can pull off everything else, then I think I will take a plunge. Thinking will get it from Amazon, if I don't like it, I think I have a 15 day window?
    I have a friend's z10 too and the difference between z30 and z10 is day and night in terms of power.

#PoweredByBlackBerry [STA100-5 Z30]
    I don't think you can go wrong.

Although the Classic shares the same specs as the Z10 in terms of processor, the real-world experience does not seem to show it. Perhaps because it is driving less screen pixels, and the keyboard shortcuts let you fly around quickly.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-20-15 06:09 PM
    BBOS7 allowed 5 Twitter accounts and up to 10 email account BBM10 allows only one TW and 5 emails.
    Just an FYI

I know it's been established after you posted this that BB10 will allow more than 5 email accounts. I currently have 7.

For what it's worth, the native Twitter app will accept multiple accounts. Open Twitter, swipe down for Settings > Manage accounts. You can add at least 2 (perhaps more) "secondary" accounts. I only have 2, so can't add more. Also, it does state that these secondary accounts will only be available within the app -- I take this to mean that they won't integrate with the Hub, but don't take that as gospel. So, this may be of some help depending on your requirements.
    01-20-15 07:23 PM
    Just an FYI

I know it's been established after you posted this that BB10 will allow more than 5 email accounts. I currently have 7.

For what it's worth, the native Twitter app will accept multiple accounts. Open Twitter, swipe down for Settings > Manage accounts. You can add at least 2 (perhaps more) "secondary" accounts. I only have 2, so can't add more. Also, it does state that these secondary accounts will only be available within the app -- I take this to mean that they won't integrate with the Hub, but don't take that as gospel. So, this may be of some help depending on your requirements.
    Yes thank you. My mistake I think it happen when I got an error trying to load #6 so I 'assumed' it would only take 5. No problem I adapted by forwarding the excess to 3 email accounts and leaving one for Gmail and Hotmail. It most likely will take 10 like OS7

I have three on the Twitter app. I think it will hold 5.

Where I'm having a problem is having to use to many methods to do what BBM7 did. BBM10 only shares to contacts from the feeds. So if there is a BBM channel with a feed I want to share I have to send it to a contact on the BBM10 list, then feed it from there,

If I use Enewsreader I can almost do the sharing from it but have to do it one at a time And there is only one twitter account. So I have to work around that since the three TW account have different subject matter. ENR does a good job of feeding different BBM channels.

EDIT: Enewsreader and Feedninder RSS feeds are delayed 2-4 hours after it happens. With Twitter the news is almost instant. i.e. football game.

I don't mind cutting back or having to work around things. But I just seems a little dumb to waste so much time circumventing the OS.

I have since reconsidered retiring my 99 just so I can use the BBM7 for multiple sharing. LA Linda and Raino are giving me options on the ATT and T-Mobil thread so I can use the 99 for less than $100/per year.

Maybe this is all for not and I should forget all these social feeds , but they drive people to my email service.

Anyway thanks for your assistance.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-21-15 at 07:46 AM.
    01-20-15 08:20 PM
    Coming from Bold9900 to the Classic. I'm trying real hard to learn BBM10. It has changed drastically. It is no longer easy for people to use. OS7 was simple to use and there was so many more thing you could do with it. Like multiple social sharing. I think BlackBerry should have just made another program and named it BBME for enterprise groups.

Has anyone coming directly from OS7 to the Classic tried reading the tutorial for using BBM10? Waste of time.

It is to difficult to keep personal contacts separate from your social contacts. Why would you want them added to your contact list? All that does is adds more time to you search. To form a BBM group they have to be added to your contact list.

The average user want it simple, fast and easy.
    Attachment 327304
    I agree. My pop would not be able to easily convert. 7 is much more straight forward. You get used to 10 tho. I would not go back now...

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-20-15 09:10 PM
    I don't mind cutting back or having to work around things. But I just seems a little dumb to waste so much time circumventing the OS.
    Well stated. BB10 has many areas of catch up needed to be as efficient as BBOS was.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-21-15 07:00 AM
    Well stated. BB10 has many areas of catch up needed to be as efficient as BBOS was.
    What I don't understand is where is the progress then.

I think what we start to recognize, that efficiency of an operating system's UI can be improved only to a certain point.

Go beyond that and improvements starts are becomming overvhelmingly insignificant such as esthetic changes, that some users end up finding even outright annoying, despite marketing assurances of the contrary.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-21-15 10:06 AM
    What I don't understand is where is the progress then.

I think what we start to recognize, that efficiency of an operating system's UI can be improved only to a certain point.

Go beyond that and improvements starts are becomming overvhelmingly insignificant such as esthetic changes, that some users end up finding even outright annoying, despite marketing assurances of the contrary.
    BB10 is not trying (nor should it) to recreate BBOS. As a totally new platform, it will do most things better, but some things worse. Imagine the list of shortcomings if people were documenting going from BB10 TO BBOS.

BIS allowed the old legacy devices to do more than they were internally capable of doing too. In the end though, people didn't want BIS (or weren't willing to pay for it), and migrated away. This entire infrastructure is now no longer available and the OS has to stand on its own.

It's the same as people coming from iPhone insisting they have iTunes and iCloud integration, or people coming from Android and insisting on Google Play Services and Google apps.

There are technical and resource limitations to giving people everything they want. It's a balancing act with the aim to providing most things to most people. People's needs are massively divergent. What may be important to one is useless to another.

Across the entire spectrum of what a smartphone can do, BB10 is by far superior. But there is a cost. It's still far better than the alternatives.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    twirlyboy and leglace1 like this.
    01-21-15 10:23 AM
    @conite

I'm just don't think that the BB10 foundation was well thought out. It's like remodeling a house with a timber foundation. At some point someone has to replace the timber with concrete.

I have accepted this and the short coming but I don't like it.

The phone is great.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 10:53 AM
    @conite.
    I understand where you are coming from.

But my point is: what can OS10 do, that OS7 could not?
    What are the improvements and at what cost?

Obvoiusly I'm asking this question rethorically and not as a point by point comparison. FYI for anybody who considers investsing ton's of time and effort in answering.
    01-21-15 11:09 AM
    @conite

I'm just don't think that the BB10 foundation was well thought out. It's like remodeling a house with a timber foundation. At some point someone has to replace the timber with concrete.

I have accepted this and the short coming but I don't like it.

The phone is great.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what you mean from a technical standpoint. The "foundation" of the OS is QNX, the best real-time OS ever developed. It is world-renowned for high performance and high reliability.

With your discussion of BBM and social feeds, your issues seem to lie in the top, application layer.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Last edited by conite; 01-21-15 at 11:24 AM.
    rthonpm likes this.
    01-21-15 11:11 AM
    For what my opinion is worth, because I love Blackberry phones - I've been using them for about 10 years (something like that),- and my favorite of all the Blackberry phones is the Bold 9700 - it suits me perfectly, I discovered I could buy a brand new one, and have done so once every 2-3 years on eBay, for about $100. This last one I bought was $75 and was totally new, in the box, never used. If the Bold 9900 is your phone of preference why not buy one (or two!) on eBay. Then you'll have a new phone that is the one you like the best.

Ken
    01-21-15 11:28 AM
159 ... 4567