Thank you for sharing this, which I already tried. However if you press the phone key on the track belt and start typing Mary all the Mary's come up even the social contacts. ...
    If you start by opening the phone app do all the Mary's come up, or just those with phone numbers? That will tell us if the problem is that the phone hardware key isn't pulling up the same contacts view as when the phone app is opened from the app icon, or if the phone contacts view needs to be fixed - period.

If you're specifically making a phone call it should definitely only show contacts with a phone number listed. I don't know why everyone's jumping on your case about it like it's your problem. Welcome to BB10, I think you'll be very pleased
    01-14-15 03:27 PM
    WhatsApp had critical mass loooong before BBM was introduced cross-platform.

The real mistake was not migrating to a modern OS 2 years earlier, and putting out BBM then.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    I feel you are taking a bias view of BBM10. I'm not the only one that feels BBM10 is to complicated to use. I never said, I didn't know how to use BBM10 nor did I say I haven't used it. Some people feel BBM10 is the the greatest thing since smart phones. I just think BBM10 is difficult to use because of using pins for identification. The old BBM7 was easier to add contacts and find channels. I also feel that if BlackBerry would have use that instead of what is is now there would be a better chance to increase to base. As it is right now What'sApp is growing by leaps and bounds. 100m+ increase in one month? Where BBM10 is losing 1M+ per month.

So if people want to keep wearing their blinders, they are not helping BlackBerry. I may be the extreme of CB posters, but I'm far from that blond eating bonbons watching soap operas. Yes, my views and might be black or white, but there is more true than not and if I make a mistake I'm never to proud to admit I'm wrong.

That being said the What'sApp thread on CrackBerry only confirms my thoughts about BBM10. I didn't see that thread until yesterday.

People that think sarcasm is funny. It only reflect what they don't know or have not experienced.

So, why not unite and everybody help BlackBerry by pointing out their points of view to try to improve BlackBerry. BBM10 needs help.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:44 PM
    Hi,

You must have a lot of time on your hands discussing this so much!
    I had a bold 9900 my first blackberry I now have a classic, it is different as every new phone is and change is sometimes hard (new and different doesn't always mean way too complicated just needs some time and effort), contacts was tricky too having facebook twitter and likedin contacts, I found a great website (crackberry.com?) and found out how to remove the contacts and then how to unlink them and remove the facebook etc photo, didn't take long.
    End of the day everyone has different thoughts ideal and opinions and forums seem to encourage those poles apart to discuss issues!
    Crack on with it people better things to do (yet here I am oops!) agree to disagree!

Rossi.
    01-14-15 04:00 PM
    The root of all the BB10/BBM problem stems from the foundation of BB10 when RIM/ML was force to put out a OS under pressure.

John Chen has done a remarkable job making corrections to a bad foundation in a short time. Yes, BB10/BBM will get there, but it's going to be 1 or 2 more years as there are many irons in the fire.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 04:09 PM
    Seems like there is a lynching going on in here, I have only had my classic for 2 days, upgraded directly from a 9900, and yes the universal search is not as good, there is an extra step added, on my 9900 I type tony (step 1) press on the tony I want as they are all displayed (step 2) then press on the already highlighted number for tony and it starts connecting the call (step 3), on the classic I type in tony and only 2 contacts are shown (step1) meaning I then have to click on the more tab to find the tony I want (step 2) then click on the tony I want (step 3) which brings up his info screen without the number highlighted so I scroll down and click on that to make the call (step 4) and this is without the password I am forced to type in to unlock the phone in the first place which I am not allowed to disable making 5 steps instead of 3, if people think this is an improvement then they live in a different world to me, I live in a world of needing to make calls quickly and efficiently, social media is secondary to me and if you have to disable features to make it work then it's not working right in the first place. The best workaround I have found so far is loading favourites on to the phone screen so I at least have 8 contacts easily accessible. It's not too much to ask for it to display more than 2 contacts on the search is it?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-14-15 04:41 PM
    Seems like there is a lynching going on in here, I have only had my classic for 2 days, upgraded directly from a 9900, and yes the universal search is not as good, there is an extra step added, on my 9900 I type tony (step 1) press on the tony I want as they are all displayed (step 2) then press on the already highlighted number for tony and it starts connecting the call (step 3), on the classic I type in tony and only 2 contacts are shown (step1) meaning I then have to click on the more tab to find the tony I want (step 2) then click on the tony I want (step 3) which brings up his info screen without the number highlighted so I scroll down and click on that to make the call (step 4) and this is without the password I am forced to type in to unlock the phone in the first place which I am not allowed to disable making 5 steps instead of 3, if people think this is an improvement then they live in a different world to me, I live in a world of needing to make calls quickly and efficiently, social media is secondary to me and if you have to disable features to make it work then it's not working right in the first place. The best workaround I have found so far is loading favourites on to the phone screen so I at least have 8 contacts easily accessible. It's not too much to ask for it to display more than 2 contacts on the search is it?
    Welcome to CrackBerry

Good idea I'll try that. Many thing not as good, but more things better.

Typing with corrections (cut and paste) and no spell correction

Hub function.

Good battery life
    More apps to tailor your needs

When OS7 came out rher were less apps so the OS had to do more. Now there are thousands of apps so the OS "generalizes" instead of a specific function. The OS today is built for customization of you device through the apps you select.

However there are still basic fictions that can be improved upon.

Be sure to load Snap so you can upload Android apps. If you don't already have it just search within CB for assistance.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 05:14 PM
    I feel you are taking a bias view of BBM10. I'm not the only one that feels BBM10 is to complicated to use.

Posted via CB10
    My "bias" is that I disagree with you. I find it elegant, efficient, and simple.

I do not have "blinders on", nor do I feel I've been "sarcastic".

You are fully entitled to your opinion. I respect that. But I'm just stating mine.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    twirlyboy and rthonpm like this.
    01-14-15 05:25 PM
    My "bias" is that I disagree with you. I find it elegant, efficient, and simple.

I do not have "blinders on", nor do I feel I've been "sarcastic".

You are fully entitled to your opinion. I respect that. But I'm just stating mine.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Never ment for the sarcastic or blinders referring directly to you. Sorry if I phrased that incorrectly. I tried to encompass my reply in generation. Which was a mistake.

What was directed to you was being bias on how you directed the topic of BBM10 being complicated to use.

As said earlier I know how to use it and have used it. It's just to bad you don't recognize that there are easier ways to add contact to BBM and/or the majority don't want to learn how to use it.

Before I posted the thread I spent a consider amount of time researching different ways to replace BBM7. I did not just out of the blue sky start this post. With the help of other people (op) I was able to finally find Gnewsreader. I bought 6 different apps before asking for help. Gnewsreader is good, but still not as good as BBM7. Spork141 linked me with the app writer he is entertaining my suggestion of multiple Twitter accounts.

I do my research or have some experience in what I post.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-14-15 at 06:23 PM.
    01-14-15 05:54 PM
    Hi,

You must have a lot of time on your hands discussing this so much!
    I had a bold 9900 my first blackberry I now have a classic, it is different as every new phone is and change is sometimes hard (new and different doesn't always mean way too complicated just needs some time and effort), contacts was tricky too having facebook twitter and likedin contacts, I found a great website (crackberry.com?) and found out how to remove the contacts and then how to unlink them and remove the facebook etc photo, didn't take long.
    End of the day everyone has different thoughts ideal and opinions and forums seem to encourage those poles apart to discuss issues!
    Crack on with it people better things to do (yet here I am oops!) agree to disagree!

Rossi.
    Why does every post that starts out "You must have a lot of time on your hands" always go on for paragraphs?

Just sayin'
    01-14-15 06:31 PM
    The problem with Blogs and Forums you never know who the person is that is posting. I had 2 automotive related forums and the easiest way way to sort out the wantabe's is to call them out by asking them a few questions. This forum it's hard to do that because everybody has a phone.

I'm not going to call anyone out unless I'm called out.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 06:32 PM
    Why does every post that starts out "You must have a lot of time on your hands" always go on for paragraphs?

Just sayin'
    ROFL

Today and tomorrow I'm with my grandkids. Nice to be retired. So have more time than others.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 06:36 PM
    Nice to meet you. Rosi-Mac

I agree to disagree. ROFL

Posted via CB10
    rossi_mac likes this.
    01-14-15 06:38 PM
    agreed, and I came straight from Bold 9900 to Passport with minimal learning curve....it made more sense to my Blackberry tuned mind than trying Android or IOS...
    01-14-15 07:02 PM
    ROFL

Today and tomorrow I'm with my grandkids. Nice to be retired. So have more time than others.

Posted via CB10
    Enjoy them, spoil them, and hand them back.

You'll get BB10. It's really a great OS. I personally am no fan of the Classic however. That toolbelt is unneeded with the gesture based OS on the phone.
    01-14-15 07:04 PM
    Enjoy them, spoil them, and hand them back.

You'll get BB10. It's really a great OS. I personally am no fan of the Classic however. That toolbelt is unneeded with the gesture based OS on the phone.
    The best part of being a grandparent! ROFL

I think I might fix the Z10 I bought for other grandson and re-try it now that I'm more familiar to BB10 or buy a Z30. The only thing is the typing.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:59 PM
    The best part of being a grandparent! ROFL

I think I might fix the Z10 I bought for other grandson and re-try it now that I'm more familiar to BB10 or buy a Z30. The only thing is the typing.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Get the Z30. I never thought I'd give up a PKB, but the moment I tried a Z10 two years ago, I was hooked. The Z30 makes typing even better. You'll love it! Mess with the Z10 for a week, and you'll be converted.
    01-14-15 08:06 PM
    The OS has the same style... The same thing that fascinated me back in 07 when i got my first BlackBerry (OS4 or OS5 - the one that was not capable of use the facebook app without BIS or BES subscribed) it stills amuse when i roll my Z10. Things got a lot better, the only thing i miss from the old days is that feeling when u pull your phone out of your pocket and everyone says "wow a BlackBerry, i might buy one of those one day!"
    01-14-15 09:17 PM
    Get the Z30. I never thought I'd give up a PKB, but the moment I tried a Z10 two years ago, I was hooked. The Z30 makes typing even better. You'll love it! Mess with the Z10 for a week, and you'll be converted.
    Bought my 10 year grandson a Z10 last August. Used it for a week and hated the BB10. Don't remember what edition of OS was on it. He broke the glass so I'm thinking of fixing the glass and up loading BB10.3 and Snap. Android apps will make a world of difference. If I like it maybe a Z30. The Z30 will fit in the second holster I bought for the 10k mAh battery. It will cost less than $25 to fix the glass

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-14-15 at 11:06 PM.
    01-14-15 09:18 PM
    Not to be biased as I love all phones. I will be picking a classic up when it's available to me. If you want a easy os that does contacts well you'll have to learn to type on glass. The iPhone does contacts very well and will probably cover you in other areas as well. Easy to learn and figure out. Before anyone flames me do realize I switch between many phones. I am also in IT and find teaching people iPhone is the easiest os. But I do love me some crackberry!!
    01-14-15 09:23 PM
    Not to be biased as I love all phones. I will be picking a classic up when it's available to me. If you want a easy os that does contacts well you'll have to learn to type on glass. The iPhone does contacts very well and will probably cover you in other areas as well. Easy to learn and figure out. Before anyone flames me do realize I switch between many phones. I am also in IT and find teaching people iPhone is the easiest os. But I do love me some crackberry!!
    Thanks Noaim what a great job. Came from an iPhone switched to the Bold because of how much time it saved me. Oh, I have most of BB10 down, just don't think it's very easy for people to use BBM due to the using pins.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 11:04 PM
    Thanks Noaim what a great job. Came from an iPhone switched to the Bold because of how much time it saved me. Oh, I have most of BB10 down, just don't think it's very easy for people to use BBM due to the using pins.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, forgive me. Haven't read through the thread, and it's late with a couple stouts in the system (damn good imported from Ireland at at that ). Why does a pin make it difficult? There are about a half dozen ways to share it. QR code, NFC, email, text, typing mypin and hitting space, BBM itself and I'm sure I'm missing at least one. Once someone has you in their contact list, what pin they have is meaningless. I've switched phones many times, and unless I told them, my friends wouldn't have a clue.
    01-14-15 11:17 PM
    The funny thing is that the search did do that prior to 10.3...... 10.2.1 search was faster to load and the voice activation was a separate app.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 11:29 PM
    The funny thing is that the search did do that prior to 10.3...... 10.2.1 search was faster to load and the voice activation was a separate app.

Posted via CB10
    I like mute long press and talk saying the whole name.
    01-14-15 11:40 PM
    I'm referring to someone not on your contact list that you might be interested in having a chat with or people not on the BlackBerry platform where they have to add another familiar chat app. Most of my friends think it is waste of time because they will only be using BBM with me. For someone not on a BlackBerry device it is to complicated or a bother to learn for limited use.

It isn't that I don't know how to use it. Why go through all that to group MMS/SMS? Unless you belong to a special group or work environment there is no reason to use BBM10 for messaging. BBM10 has moved towards that work related messaging. Where BBM7 was directed towards sharing social media. There is nothing wrong with that direction, but BlackBerry shouldn't market as a messaging app for John Smith who will only group MMS/SMS to 2-10 people.

To replace BBM7 I have to use a RSS feed like Gnewsreader to feed my Twitter and BlackBerry Channels. Currently Gnewsreader does not feed FaceBook so I work around that. Which I'm ok with because it just forces me to down scale.

From what I have read BBM10 has peaked and unless BlackBerry changes a few things it will not grow. I for one will not be using it. There are many other easier options. As you can see it seems that "some" CBer's are a little sensitive about any negative issues. .

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 12:05 AM
    I'm referring to someone not on your contact list that you might be interested in having a chat with or people not on the BlackBerry platform where they have to add another familiar chat app. Most of my friends think it is waste of time because they will only be using BBM with me. For someone not on a BlackBerry device it is to complicated or a bother to learn for limited use.

It isn't that I don't know how to use it. Why go through all that to group MMS/SMS? Unless you belong to a special group or work environment there is no reason to use BBM10 for messaging. BBM10 has moved towards that work related messaging. Where BBM7 was directed towards sharing social media. There is nothing wrong with that direction, but BlackBerry shouldn't market as a messaging app for John Smith who will only group MMS/SMS to 2-10 people.

To replace BBM7 I have to use a RSS feed like Gnewsreader to feed my Twitter and BlackBerry Channels. Currently Gnewsreader does not feed FaceBook so I work around that. Which I'm ok with because it just forces me to down scale.

From what I have read BBM10 has peaked and unless BlackBerry changes a few things it will not grow. I for one will not be using it. There are many other easier options. As you can see it seems that "some" CBer's are a little sensitive about any negative issues. .

Posted via CB10
    Are you suggesting that BBM has lost users because it has transitioned to BBM10, or, BBM as we know it on BB10 and has become too complicated to use? BBM already started losing users on a large scale when you were still happy with your BBM on OS7. People moved to other platforms, where BBM wasn't even available (yet) and found other messaging apps. Now it's cross platform, but it joined the party too late where others took over. You already mentioned whatsapp in this thread, which is where people moved on to. BBM is pretty easy, I've made other people use it on both BB10 and iPhones and the complexity of the app itself is not the issue, BBM has changed to 'just another app' where others are dominating the market place. Isn't the amount of users on your BBM at his moment not equal to the amount when you were still on OS7? If so, then why blame the new BBM?

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    01-15-15 12:45 AM
159 ... 23456 ...