Why not post comments to improve the software instead of how I'm stupid, lazy, old, and want BB10 customized fur me, READ the thread, Why have less?
    Because your expectations of what BlackBerry 10 should be are ridiculous and even if someone provides suggestions on how you can possibly modify the contact app to a closer BBOS experience (can't ever be exactly the same), you dismiss their advice and continue on your rant!

How about trying some of the suggestions for a while and see if you can tolerate the change. Otherwise, go back to the 9900. Don't waste your time if you're not satisfied.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    01-13-15 04:23 PM
    I don't have any of the issues that others seem to have with their contacts. I turned off all of the accounts except local contacts and that's all I see. Frankly, I'm not even really sure why people go into their contacts app. I hardly use mine at all. Everything I want to do can be accomplished without ever going into the contacts app. The only possible complaint that I have is when I choose to send a new text message and I type in a contact name, why oh why does it make me choose between a person's mobile or home number or email address? Home numbers don't text and if I wanted to send an email, I'd have picked email instead of text message! This is a wasted step in the process!
    I get what you're saying about text contact selection but in actuality, the ability to send a text message to a landline through your provider does exist. I don't believe for a second that's why the composing a text does a search on all the numbers but you could in theory choose a landline number and send a text. Just an FYI.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    01-13-15 05:24 PM
    I think the OP should just stick with what he loves. Get a new 9900 or something.
    01-13-15 05:39 PM
    Yeah 9900 till they pull the plug off then no more os 7
    01-13-15 06:29 PM
    Hi Mr4aces, sounds like the Classic is not the perfect replacement for the 9900 and BBos7,
    you have tried it and passed on your views on many thanks, have been reading many owners views and will keep my 9900 and see if Classic 2 will be the one to replace it, yes i have tried BB10 on a Z10 when it launched 1/2/13 ok for media, good luck with your Classic did you keep your 9900?
    01-13-15 06:30 PM
    Just unnessary another step. Already tried sorting my 1000+ FB contacts from personal and I even deleted them from the contact list, but when I accepted more friends it added all the FB contacts again. So I change the notifications to off on FB ins settings, deleted the FB contacts again omly to find out the same thing happened. Tried BB and the Android FB same thing happened so it is not he FB apps, it is either BB10 or BBM10. After deleting the FB contacts 4x I uninstalled FB and have not had a problem

What do I expect? I expoect the software to writen correctly so there is no extra steps. Why would people migrate to BB is it is so complicated?
    My goodness!! What's so complicated about BB10? Would you like me to send you a video or picture of my 5 yrs old using my Passport or Z30 or Z10 effortlessly?
    Like you have said, BB10 devices are too complicated for you, so maybe you should find a dumb phone to use. Why all the stressing.
    twirlyboy likes this.
    01-13-15 06:37 PM
    Well, you guys are to hars on OP comment. For those who are moving on from the old system to the new system will off course getting this same issue. I feel for the OP and YES BB10 contact have always been a problem.

As for me I'm actually moving away from BB10 ever since IOS BBM become stable and move on. I believe its much much more easier and have more apps.

P.S. I'm one of the earlier adopter of BB10 (Z10)
    01-13-15 10:00 PM
    Well, you guys are to hars on OP comment. For those who are moving on from the old system to the new system will off course getting this same issue. I feel for the OP and YES BB10 contact have always been a problem.

As for me I'm actually moving away from BB10 ever since IOS BBM become stable and move on. I believe its much much more easier and have more apps.

P.S. I'm one of the earlier adopter of BB10 (Z10)
    you'll be back
    01-13-15 11:07 PM
    Open contacts, swipe from left edge, select account, type in the contact young searching for. It will only look for that contact in that particular account.

If this had been mentioned already, my apologies.
    playboldbook and Ecm like this.
    01-13-15 11:18 PM
    I agree with Mr4aces regarding the contacts in OS10. I struggled in the beginning but after disabling BBM contacts, facebook contacts etc it became much easier. Plus you can add 3 most used contacts on the dialling screen and that speeds things abit. I loved my 9900 but OS10 is the way forward and has heaps of improvements (camera, battery life, less or no reboots, speed, internet explorer etc). It is still not perfect but neither was OS7. That's why we have upgrades for OS and apps. So the bottom line is you either end the trip and continue on a sinking ship (OS7) or you jump overboard to a none BB ship or you jump to a brand new BB ship (OS10) and continue the BlackBerry trip and experience.
    01-14-15 12:20 AM
    Hi there... We all went through the initial phase & frustration of learning BB10. Once you settle into it you'll find the advantages and will soon be rocking with ease. Yes I do agree that the contacts was better on the old system however the advantages far out number the disadvantages and with every update it's like having a new phone. Please here will assist you with questions you will have in the beginning. Rocking 24-7 with my Z10 (Sorry not The Classic) & 16GB PlayBook
    eldrover likes this.
    01-14-15 12:43 AM
    Add another app to further complicate things and more steps?

Posted via CB10
    BB10 is NOT perfect.
    But not in any of the ways you have highlighted here.
    Secondly BB10 is NOT OS7 (and that is a great, great thing)
    Now I think you need to understand (and expect) that there will be some kind of learning curve when you move across OSes.
    For in stance above you are complaining about invoking the phone app (not add it's already there) which is THE app that will handle the call after your search through 1000 Marys anyway, a Classic (see what I did here hehehe) example that you haven't gone far enough through your learning curve.
    You hung on for too long onto OS7 (which you must have heavily customized to your exact needs) that anything else is wrong if it needs you to 'set it up' first.
    01-14-15 03:26 AM

One user? I'm surprised you having 1k+ postings you don't how 9900 users express their love of the 9900. If one person comments there are thousands that don't because they are happy. Do you really think BB10 is that easy to learn? Just categorize me with the dumb blonds. ?
    Having started off with a BB 8330 then on to a 8530 which gave way to a 9330 and before changing over to Z10'S I used a 9900.
    Do I find BB10 to be easier to use than OS7? after a slight learning curve, yes. So much that I loaded 10.3.1.1949 on one of my Z10's two days ago.

No bad for a 60+ year old.
    Last edited by Rustybronco; 01-14-15 at 11:22 AM. Reason: h>H
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-14-15 11:16 AM
    From my experience anyone complaining about BB10 especially 10.3.1 OS even if coming from a 9900 like did is because they are too lazy to actually learn the OS.
    I don't know if it's a case of "lazy" as much as people naturally get used to working a certain way and don't like change. It's not just the OP. it's a lot of people. "Different" = "confusing".

From a purely heuristic perspective, I firmly believe that if you took a bunch of people who've never used a smartphone and split them into different control groups so see how easy it was to pick up, BlackBerry 10 would be very competitive with the other platforms. And IMO, easier than Android and BlackBerry OS.

This is very different from how easy it is to switch from one platform to another. I flip between them all, day in and day out and even my muscle memory gets confused sometimes, depending on the device I'm on. It does require a conscious effort.
    01-14-15 11:33 AM
    Yes, we understand you are upset because your phone doesn't function like your old Bold 9900. And, it does seem you understand that you are the minority and it is unlikely you are going to get what you want.
    Totally disagree.

Not long ago, people who were asking for the toolbelt were overwhelmingly shouted down by Q10 and Z users.

Classic was born never the less.

In the same way, some of the requested old functionality might have to be added back in, in order to please legacy users. After all, at this point, we are all loyal customers of Blackberry.

BTW: you can always choose to ignore negative feedback, there is no point in arguing about it.
    torco3 likes this.
    01-14-15 11:44 AM
    I'm with you op and that's why I am rocking a note 4 now. Loving it.

BB blew it with bb10 it's fine that others are happy with it but for me it's too complicated and lacks the customization options of android, os7
    DeliFresser likes this.
    01-14-15 11:45 AM
    Aaaaaand it derailed from the buggy contacts integration.
    01-14-15 11:46 AM
    Well if OP think is is as easy to add contacts with pin numbers and looking for a channels on BBM10 enjoy it.

None of my family or friends use BlackBerry. People on a different platform don't want it. There are easier ways to message than BBM10.

Enjoy your uncomplicated BBM10

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 11:49 AM
    Well if OP think is is as easy to add contacts with pin numbers and looking for a channels on BBM10 enjoy it.

None of my family or friends use BlackBerry. People on a different platform don't want it. There are easier ways to message than BBM10.

Enjoy your uncomplicated BBM10

Posted via CB10
    Please learn that on a forum OP stands for original poster, not other people. Thanks.
    so crow and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-14-15 12:05 PM
    My mother is 78 and just upgraded from the Bold 9900 to the Passport. Once she realized it was similar to the PlayBook OS, she easily mastered it. Also, my 5-year nephew, who is surrounded by IOS devices... has no problem picking up my Passport and finding his way around my phone.

IMHO BB10 is the most intuitive platform on the market today.
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-14-15 12:52 PM
    why does it seem people are pressuring people to switch if the person dont like they dont like it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    01-14-15 01:01 PM
    I was also overwhelmed with the huge number of contacts that came out of nowhere when I initially swithed from OS7 to OS10 two years ago. I had first migrated and setup all accounts (email, FB, twitter and the 1200+ contacts from the phonebook of the previous phone).

I was a mess whenever Itried to call up anyone, I had the same name showing from FB, BBM, WhatsApp, and the phone contacts. I got so fed up that I deleted all contacts from the new phone.

Luckily I had the old phone with the phonebook intact. The first thing I did was make a new Gmail account and synchronised the phonebook of the old phone with it.

This is how I reconfigured the new phone -
    I turned off all the contacts to be displayed except for the new Gmail account. In the universal search (or blackberry assistant) I limited the search to those I specifically required and got rid off the FB and twitter search.

Now when I open the phonebook I see only the contacts from my old phone, I make sure I add or edit contacts only on the same Gmail account (that way I save the time to backup my contacts and calendar entries, and migration to any phone is simpler, I just need to setup my Gmail account)

I use 2 phones, one work and the other personal, both my phones have identical address books thanks to the email sync.

I used Gmail to sync the phonebook and calender but I'm sure other email service providers would be working just as well for other users.

And I love the BlackBerry OS10 once I had set it up the way it suits me...!

IMHO No other OS can match the simplicity of the BlackBerry OS...!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:05 PM
    700 million people on Whatsapp because BBM10 is easy to use.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 02:45 PM
    700 million people on Whatsapp because BBM10 is easy to use.

Posted via CB10
    WhatsApp had critical mass loooong before BBM was introduced cross-platform.

The real mistake was not migrating to a modern OS 2 years earlier, and putting out BBM then.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-14-15 02:53 PM
    WhatsApp had critical mass loooong before BBM was introduced cross-platform.

The real mistake was not migrating to a modern OS 2 years earlier, and putting out BBM then.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    This. What good is a great message platform is nobody you know is on it. BBM might be blackberries biggest missed opportunity. Hell it should have been an app the second they made the apple app store.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:25 PM
159 12345 ...