Coming from Bold9900 to the Classic. I'm trying real hard to learn BBM10. It has changed drastically. It is no longer easy for people to use. OS7 was simple to use and there was so many more thing you could do with it. Like multiple social sharing. I think BlackBerry should have just made another program and named it BBME for enterprise groups.

Has anyone coming directly from OS7 to the Classic tried reading the tutorial for using BBM10? Waste of time.

It is to difficult to keep personal contacts separate from your social contacts. Why would you want them added to your contact list? All that does is adds more time to you search. To form a BBM group they have to be added to your contact list.

Who the hell wants a 1000+ social people in your personal contact list? Oh yeah, just group them, but when you open CONTACTS to make a call to your aunt the "ALL" comes up, so you have start typing her name Mary Smith. Now 100 Mary's come up before you add "S" for Smith. Type the "S" and 75 Mary's come up with the last name beginning with "S". Get my point.

The average user want it simple, fast and easy.
    Classic + BB10 way too complicated to use vs OS7-politics-opinion-opinion_poll-opinionated-home_visit-door_to_door-cza0620_low.jpg
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-14-15 at 08:36 AM.
    01-13-15 07:17 AM
    Small tip: When you're in the Contacts app, swipe down from the top, tap settings and turn off the accounts of which you don't want the contacts to appear in the Contacts application under "Show Account in Contact List". Searching within the Contacts app also won't show those social contacts you're referring to after turning off all those social accounts.

Also, turn off "Find Friends" under "Settings", "Accounts", "Facebook" to ensure that Facebook won't find friends based on your social contacts from other apps.
    01-13-15 07:28 AM
    I agree contacts app itself isn't great. But not sure why I wouldn't want to see my contacts there...
    If you want to call someone use the phone app. It will filter through and only show contacts with a phone number
    01-13-15 07:33 AM
    I've found myself using the Voice Assistant much more to call contacts that I don't use very often. It's does that pretty good....
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-13-15 07:45 AM
    First off, "OP" means "original poster". Just an FYI.

This discussion has been had with you many times. It is always the same. Clearly you have a very unique set of needs and have strong opinions on how those unique needs have to be met in terms of mobile technology. You prefer the old BBOS.

OK. Fine. It's now 2015 and here we are. For the vast majority (not you) of both consumers and enterprise, BB10 is vastly superior - no comparison.

You have 4 choices: BlackBerry10, Android, Apple, or Windows. Stop wasting your energy starting the same discussions over and over on the advantages of the buggy wip - you'll live longer.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-13-15 07:49 AM
    I agree contacts app itself isn't great. But not sure why I wouldn't want to see my contacts there...
    If you want to call someone use the phone app. It will filter through and only show contacts with a phone number
    With a Q device and pre 10.3, just start typing the persons name you want to call.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    01-13-15 07:51 AM
    Small tip: When you're in the Contacts app, swipe down from the top, tap settings and turn off the accounts of which you don't want the contacts to appear in the Contacts application under "Show Account in Contact List". Searching within the Contacts app also won't show those social contacts you're referring to.

Also, turn off "Find Friends" under "Settings", "Accounts", "Facebook" to ensure that Facebook won't find friends based on your social contacts from other apps.
    Thank you for sharing this, which I already tried. However if you press the phone key on the track belt and start typing Mary all the Mary's come up even the social contacts.

I might be able to sort through this and do some complicated procedure to get Mary Smith up. But why have all these extra steps. We write software to save time not add it. I know my wife would never use BBM would yours? Does she use FB alot?

If you have adapted great, now try adding a FB account. I'm sure you wouldn't want to group 1000+ FB contacts just so it is grouped on the menu.

All I'm trying to do is help BlackBerry by giving my prospective of how complicated they are making their software.

If they wanted to interchange business, personal and social contacts. It should be an option when entering a new contact. Now how much work is there to adding another field? There would be a option to set up groups as part of the set up. When adding a new contact have a drop down for grouping or not.

The problem is whoever started the BB10 had their head up someone's? Now John Chen has to fix it, put out fires and plan for the future. In order to program you have to have a clear understanding of the task in hand. RIM/ML had to scramble to get BB10 out so short cuts were taken.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-13-15 at 08:42 AM.
    01-13-15 07:53 AM
    Add another app to further complicate things and more steps?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 07:58 AM
    All I'm trying to do is help BlackBerry by giving my prospective of how complicated they are making their software.

Posted via CB10
    It's only complicated because you are trying to put square pegs in a round hole. You like things a certain way, and every other way you consider "complicated" or "worse".

Simply because BlackBerry didn't tailor BB10 to your very unique, outlier needs, doesn't mean they don't "get it". They just choose not to "get you" because you represent one device sale - and you bought one anyway!

For me, also coming from a 9900, I find BB10 far more powerful overall, AND a model of simplicity.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Last edited by conite; 01-13-15 at 08:13 AM.
    01-13-15 08:02 AM
    Frankly it sounds like to me, you need to sit down and take some time to sort out your contracts period. As you said, if you type Mary then all the Marys start popping up.... Well what would expect? The phone isn't going to read your mind as to which particular Mary you want to call. As well, if you can't tell which Mary is which in your phone there inlies the problem.
    Last edited by scmcc16; 01-14-15 at 08:48 PM.
    gvs1341, redsaph, emkay47 and 3 others like this.
    01-13-15 08:09 AM
    First off, "OP" means "original poster". Just an FYI.
    Op - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Read in content not your definition. Mine Other People.

This discussion has been had with you many times. It is always the same. Clearly you have a very unique set of needs and have strong opinions on how those unique needs have to be met in terms of mobile technology. You prefer the old BBOS.

OK. Fine. It's now 2015 and here we are. For the vast majority (not you) of both consumers and enterprise, BB10 is vastly superior - no comparison.

You have 4 choices: BlackBerry10, Android, Apple, or Windows. Stop wasting your energy starting the same discussions over and over on the advantages of the buggy wip - you'll live longer.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Why don't you read the the title and #1 post you don't have to read my post. Is your reply helping OS7 people migrate to the Classic and BB10?
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-14-15 at 08:37 AM.
    01-13-15 08:20 AM
    Frankly it sounds like to me, you need to sit down and take some time to sort out your contracts period. As you said, if you try Mary then all the Marys start popping up.... Well what would expect? The phone isn't going to read your mind as to which particular Mary you want to call. As well, if you can't tell which Mary is which in your phone there inlies the problem.
    Just unnessary another step. Already tried sorting my 1000+ FB contacts from personal and I even deleted them from the contact list, but when I accepted more friends it added all the FB contacts again. So I change the notifications to off on FB ins settings, deleted the FB contacts again omly to find out the same thing happened. Tried BB and the Android FB same thing happened so it is not he FB apps, it is either BB10 or BBM10. After deleting the FB contacts 4x I uninstalled FB and have not had a problem

What do I expect? I expoect the software to writen correctly so there is no extra steps. Why would people migrate to BB is it is so complicated?
    jyates likes this.
    01-13-15 08:34 AM
    keeping my bold9900 i dont need a bb10 phone my phone can do anything that i need it too

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Mr4aces, acovey, Gazza12 and 3 others like this.
    01-13-15 08:40 AM
    Op - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Read in content not your definition. Mine Other People.
    Or FYI F Your InLaws

Sorry degree from Hard Knocks

Why don't you read the the title and #1 post you don't have to read my post. Is your reply helping OS7 people migrate to the Classic and BB10?
    OP = Original poster..... You listed the definition of op or at the beginning of a sentence Op. One is an anagram the other an abbreviation.

And helping OS 7 people migrate to BB? If you think BB10 is complex... I feel for you when you try an android device. (in reference to the mentioned issues you have)
    01-13-15 08:42 AM
    and to add to that i download a nice bb10 theme looks just like ur phones

Mr4aces likes this.
    01-13-15 08:43 AM
    It's only complicated because you are trying to put square pegs in a round hole. You like things a certain way, and every other way you consider "complicated" or "worse".

Simply because BlackBerry didn't tailor BB10 to your very unique, outlier needs, doesn't mean they don't "get it". They just choose not to "get you" because you represent one device sale - and you bought one anyway!

For me, also coming from a 9900, I find BB10 far more powerful overall, AND a model of simplicity.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    You apparently didn't use the 9900 to the full extent of the OS7 capacity. I'm just wondering why there is LESS when BBM should be more?

One user? I'm surprised you having 1k+ postings you don't how 9900 users express their love of the 9900. If one person comments there are thousands that don't because they are happy. Do you really think BB10 is that easy to learn? Just categorize me with the dumb blonds.

It is easy to just sit back and either except or return the device. Why have a higher return rate if it is an easy fix? Ask any executive what returns do to your bottom line,

Yes, I bought one and enjoying it, I just don't like having to do extra steps or have more apps to do the same thing OS7 did. Never said BB10.3 was worst. I'm just saying it can be better. I have also said I accept this.

FaceBook; Just look at the posting with problems with FB, B1aze even said FB is not fixed yet. Isn't this what this thread's about? Sync of contacts?
    DeliFresser likes this.
    01-13-15 09:08 AM
    Just unnessary another step. Already tried sorting my 1000+ FB contacts from personal and I even deleted them from the contact list, but when I accepted more friends it added all the FB contacts again. So I change the notifications to off on FB ins settings, deleted the FB contacts again omly to find out the same thing happened. Tried BB and the Android FB same thing happened so it is not he FB apps, it is either BB10 or BBM10. After deleting the FB contacts 4x I uninstalled FB and have not had a problem

What do I expect? I expoect the software to writen correctly so there is no extra steps. Why would people migrate to BB is it is so complicated?
    I still a) don't see any extra steps and b) don't see what is complicated . Frankly all types of contacts in the contacts app is a godsend. I use Contact X to help me merge them with links and it cleans up very nicely. I need to find someone I search, they show up and I decide which type of communication (FB,BBM, Phone, etc) tool to use. Maybe you need time to understand how it works. I dunno but you are the first person say they it's complicated.

I thought that the contacts app was garbage until I sat there and figured it out. The app wasn't the problem it was my email contacts which were. Hotmail and Gmail contacts were a mess. I logged in and sorted them out and now my contacts app is perfect.

In the end, as someone else said, OS7 is dying if not dead. So you might as well stop wishing for its return and move on.
    eduzojordan likes this.
    01-13-15 09:10 AM
    You apparently didn't use the 9900 to the full extent of the OS7 capacity. I'm just wondering why there is LESS when BBM should be more?

One user? I'm surprised you having 1k+ postings you don't how 9900 users express their love of the 9900. If one person comments there are thousands that don't because they are happy. Do you really think BB10 is that easy to learn? Just categorize me with the dumb blonds.

It is easy to just sit back and either except or return the device. Why have a higher return rate if it is an easy fix? Ask any executive what returns do to your bottom line,

Yes, I bought one and enjoying it, I just don't like having to do extra steps or have more apps to do the same thing OS7 did. Mever said BB10.3 was worst. I'm just saying it can be better. I have also said I accept this.

FaceBook; Just look at the posting with problems with FB, B1aze even said FB is not fixed yet. Isn't this what this thread's about? Sync of contacts?
    From my experience anyone complaining about BB10 especially 10.3.1 OS even if coming from a 9900 like did is because they are too lazy to actually learn the OS. When I search a contact I only get the ones I allow to sync no matter where I search from. If I search a for contact in BBM only their BBM contact shows. If I search in the contact app I get there contact card and that's it. Before you say how bad something is take the time to understand it properly.
    scmcc16, Bluenoser63 and jdesignz like this.
    01-13-15 09:16 AM
    I still a) don't see any extra steps and b) don't see what is complicated . Frankly all types of contacts in the contacts app is a godsend. I use Contact X to help me merge them with links and it cleans up very nicely. I need to find someone I search, they show up and I decide which type of communication (FB,BBM, Phone, etc) tool to use. Maybe you need time to understand how it works. I dunno but you are the first person say they it's complicated.

I thought that the contacts app was garbage until I sat there and figured it out. The app wasn't the problem it was my email contacts which were. Hotmail and Gmail contacts were a mess. I logged in and sorted them out and now my contacts app is perfect.

In the end, as someone else said, OS7 is dying if not dead. So you might as well stop wishing for its return and move on.
    Pick up you old 9780 and make a call and see how much faster it is to find a contact
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    01-13-15 09:16 AM
    You apparently didn't use the 9900 to the full extent of the OS7 capacity.
    Wrong. I was a power user, and loved the device at the time.

My use case was more balanced and not skewed to your unique preoccupation with social feeds.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-13-15 09:19 AM
    You could always get a BES license, if you're that much of an enterprise user. It will separate your contacts (and whole phone) by work and personal.

BB10 was designed to be scalable to any measure. Your problem is that you expect it to fire up to your personal, desired settings. You have to do some setup initially, but the results are far superior to BBOS7. It was probably a while back now, but there was an initial setup phase for your Bold too, followed by years of adding to it. Now you're asking your Classic to just take over from there.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 09:20 AM
    just stick with os7

eduzojordan, illlya and jdesignz like this.
    01-13-15 09:21 AM
    Wrong. I was a power user, and loved the device at the time.

My use case was more balanced and not skewed to your unique preoccupation with social feeds.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949

From my experience anyone complaining about BB10 especially 10.3.1 OS even if coming from a 9900 like did is because they are too lazy to actually learn the OS. When I search a contact I only get the ones I allow to sync no matter where I search from. If I search a for contact in BBM only their BBM contact shows. If I search in the contact app I get there contact card and that's it. Before you say how bad something is take the time to understand it properly.
    Ok I'm lazy and a dumb blond eating BomBoms and sharing on FB,
    You apparently don't know my back ground,
    I came from a 9810 and a 9700 before that. OS7 and 6 respectively. I know how quick it is to make a call. And in fact I know how quick it is to make a call on BB10 since I've been on it from the launch. I frankly don't see any difference.
    Bluenoser63 and gvs1341 like this.
    Why not post comments to improve the software instead of how I'm stupid, lazy, old, and want BB10 customized fur me, READ the thread, Why have less?
    01-13-15 09:28 AM
159 123 ...