Like everyone else here, I was waiting for today for the official release date for the Classic. But it doesn't appear as though any specs were revealed. The most agonizing part of the wait for me has been confirming the battery size, since several battery sizes were tested and because the reception where I live/work is not great so the battery capacity is of particular importance to me because it's not removable.

Has anyone seen anything on the official battery size for the phone? A lot of sources have assumed 2515 mAh but I can't seem to find anything official yet...

Thanks!
    Jeremy
    11-14-14 01:49 AM
    Nothing official until the 17th of December (at the latest), but if I had to make a best guess, I'd go with 2500-2600 mAh.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 01:56 AM
    Heard it could be 3150mAh

So let's keep our fingers crossed

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:01 AM
    Nothing official until the 17th of December (at the latest), but if I had to make a best guess, I'd go with 2500-2600 mAh.

Posted via CB10
    I'm surprised people would pre order without knowing what you're going to get.
    3rdStone and Mr4aces like this.
    11-14-14 06:27 AM
    I'd like to know battery size too. The Classic is the first BB I've gotten halfway excited about...since the 9700.
    11-14-14 06:36 AM
    I'm surprised people would pre order without knowing what you're going to get.
    I'm stunned by that. Perhaps it's a showing of faith in the general quality that Blackberry does seem to represent, but still. My money doesn't come easy enough to buy something specs unseen. (And I'd put my chances of buying one, once the specs are official, at 95%.)
    kbz1960 and Mr4aces like this.
    11-14-14 09:15 AM
    It's amazing how some people are shocked that people are pre-ordering the Classic without knowing the specs. Having worked for Apple, you'd be surprise to know that people who buy iPhones on launch days mostly know nothing except that "it's the new iPhone and I wants it". If it were Apple, this conversation wouldn't be happening. Anyways, Classic is bound to sellout of pre-orders soon, can't wait for them to come.
    DYLANHABKIRK and Frehley like this.
    11-14-14 10:04 AM
    Thanks for everyone's responses.

Clearly anyone who pre-ordered the phone just doesn't care about the battery. I'm a VERY heavy user so it's absolutely critical for me, especially since I have always used an extended battery in my previous phones (but this one isn't removable).

I'll be bummed if we really have to wait another month just to find out the battery size. If you think about it, Chen is making a BIG mistake by not releasing the specs until Dec 17 (if that's what happens), as people who are considering holiday deals for other phones won't know enough about the Classic's specs to make it compelling to wait. I realize that won't be the case for everyone but clearly they will lose sales during the very busy holiday period because of this. The fact that they are releasing the phone in late Dec is another issue, but I can guarantee you that Chen wanted this out in time for the holidays and they couldn't make it happen...

Anyhow, hopefully they will release the specs before Dec 17...
    11-14-14 01:10 PM
    Thanks for everyone's responses.

Clearly anyone who pre-ordered the phone just doesn't care about the battery.
    Not sure that's the case, I'm using a Z10 with an 1800mh battery and I know the Classic is going to be a larger battery than that and running a smaller screen. I know that battery life will be better but it's not the most important thing for me.

Battery cases are available for the Z10 and with the bottom charging port of the Classic, it would not surprise me to see battery cases for the Classic.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    11-14-14 01:37 PM
    I plan to stay far away from phones that can't get me through a full day of usage from now on. The Z30 is great. Passport as well. The Z10 didn't but at least you could swap batteries and it didn't take too much space to carry around. For the android phones I've used (Nexus 4, Nexus 5), it means carrying around a battery pack and connecting it to the phone to charge which is a P.I.T.A.

So, whatever size the battery is, I don't really care as long as it can give similar life as the Z30.
    11-14-14 02:40 PM