I just got a classic and my battery life is terrible. Otherwise I love the phone. I've enabled battery saver mode,adjusted the screen brightness and timeout settings. - also turned off anything I'm not using like bluetooth and such.

It said I'm also running the latest software. Is there anything I'm missing here that I can do to extend my battery life? Thanks for any help guys.
    03-06-15 02:19 PM
    Wow when I first got mine I could not believe how good the battery life was make sure you have Bluetooth/WiFi turned off and check all your settings .
    03-06-15 02:32 PM
    I know this isnt an answer but my experience so far is that my battery is usually only about a day and a half if I use it a lot. And I always close everything, try not to leave stuff running in the background, dont have wifi or bluetooth on if I dont need it.
    I have noticed the low battery lifetime is pretty good and you can set it up to go into battery saving mode at a certain percentage
    chinmay007 likes this.
    03-06-15 02:37 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that. I get at least a day and a half on my classic. I mainly text, email and browse the forums with the occasional phone call

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    03-06-15 02:53 PM
    How do I check to see if anything is still running in the background?
    03-06-15 03:04 PM
    Yesterday I got the best battery performance to date on my Classic. Home Wi-Fi for an hour at home, on Verizon for an hour and a half, switched to wi-fi only when I got to the office, Verizon going home wrapping up on home wi-fi. 19 hour day before I put it back on the charger and had over 60% battery life left. Did emails, texts, some internet browsing all through the day. With my android on the same usage, I normally had to hit the charger before noon.

I'm impressed!
    03-06-15 03:51 PM
    Compared to my Passport, the battery life is really short.

I have 7 private email accounts and my company email account. WiFi is always on, when I am at work or at home with the Classic. If I do not charge it during the day, I will have a critical battery status (30%) at around 17 or 18 hours.

Posted via CB10
    chinmay007 likes this.
    03-07-15 03:20 AM
    Perfection
    Very little usage of course

classic battery life?-img_20150307_112712.png

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-07-15 03:29 AM
    Yesterday I got the best battery performance to date on my Classic. Home Wi-Fi for an hour at home, on Verizon for an hour and a half, switched to wi-fi only when I got to the office, Verizon going home wrapping up on home wi-fi. 19 hour day before I put it back on the charger and had over 60% battery life left. Did emails, texts, some internet browsing all through the day. With my android on the same usage, I normally had to hit the charger before noon.

I'm impressed!
    I am right about the same, phone is off the charger at 5am and back on around 10pm with sometimes close to 70% remaining, when i get a weekend when i am NOT working going to let the battery get down to close to 10% to see how long it takes. Give it some time to settle in.
    03-07-15 04:36 AM
    mine was running a day to a day and a half with heavy usage , but just switched back to passport for now
    03-07-15 05:38 AM
    Hmm I usually get around 2 days with medium (partial usage). Today for example I am constantly using my bbc for surfing, youtube, browsing app stores, sending some mails SINCE SEVEN HOURS IN A ROW on wlan and I still have 75% left (or 20 hours), it's a monster a true beast!

However I am not using LTE (switched it off to 3G) and my screen is set to around 33% (which is enough for me!) and have activated the battery saving feature when I turn it face down on a surface. (1 corporate email account running with active sync push, 3 private Gmail accounts). Plus I disabled all facebook notifications.

What is your user profile and settings?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:06 AM
    I'm also on a 20 hour average battery life.

Question OP, have you any apps that run in the background?

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2267)
    03-07-15 07:57 AM
    post your stats... what does the OS say is taking up the battery....
    03-07-15 08:09 AM
    I am right about the same, phone is off the charger at 5am and back on around 10pm with sometimes close to 70% remaining, when i get a weekend when i am NOT working going to let the battery get down to close to 10% to see how long it takes. Give it some time to settle in.
    My actual remaining was 68%. Maybe I should have posted that but didn't want to brag.

So now I'm bragging on my Classic.

And I'm starting to use voice recognition. Didn't realize I had to access and activate Assistant. Still getting the hang of it but seems to work pretty well.
    03-07-15 12:45 PM
    My actual remaining was 68%. Maybe I should have posted that but didn't want to brag.

So now I'm bragging on my Classic.

And I'm starting to use voice recognition. Didn't realize I had to access and activate Assistant. Still getting the hang of it but seems to work pretty well.
    03-07-15 12:45 PM
    Hi guys thanks for the info so far I went in to my device manager and shut down a couple of apps. Maybe this will help i'll keep you all posted.
    03-07-15 03:59 PM
    Hi guys thanks for the info so far I went in to my device manager and shut down a couple of apps. Maybe this will help i'll keep you all posted.
    Hi,

I am so new to the Classic, I am not sure how to turn off apps, I can find the App Manager/device monitor, and it says the system is taking 22%, standby 10%, Android Player 9.2% PIM Services 5.1% of power, what is the Android Player and can I turn that off, ditto for the PIM Services, what is this?

How can I turn things off? :-)
    03-07-15 05:00 PM
    Well I went in to my device monitor and turned off the at&t sync feature,and I also turned off the blackberry blend. My battery life has improved substantially I have 76% battery life after a day of good usage. think this is what was draining my battery. Thanks for all the help.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-08-15 04:36 PM
    During an OS upgrade or adding new accounts BlackBerry s still need to settle in while building indexes and such. After a day or so it should settle in.

On lite days I am seeing 60% left after a full day of use. Heavy work days I might get down the 30% or so from early morning to late night before sleeping.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 06:59 PM
    Used my Classic for 5 hours straight and I was down to 20%. I was using as a hotspot though too..
    03-26-15 04:13 PM
    Just got the phone yesterday. WTF?
    03-26-15 04:14 PM
    Used my Classic for 5 hours straight and I was down to 20%. I was using as a hotspot though too..
    Using any phone for 5 hrs straight will pretty much kill it... especially as a hotspot.
    03-26-15 07:24 PM
    such a varied sample of good and bad battery life :-(
    03-26-15 07:57 PM
    such a varied sample of good and bad battery life :-(
    On post #18, the OP pretty much solved the issue... which should give you hope. 9/10 if there's an issue with the battery life, it's solvable.
    03-26-15 08:08 PM
    Mine doesn't seem to have a good battery either, after a full charge if I check the device manager it say 10 Hours Remaining. This is with brightness at almost any level, Display, System, and Stand By being the largest % hogs thus far. I've been also noticing the first 50% go by very fast through the day, almost 15% an hour. This is with being on wifi, for e-mail, text, web and rarely phone calls.

Any suggestions or is this just the expected battery for this model?
    chinmay007 likes this.
    03-27-15 05:04 PM
34 12