This has been happening for a while. In the last its been shutting down (Low battery warning) around 25-30% but I would be able to get it to power back on and try and get it to drain more. Today it got down to 15% and shutdown. I hooked it to the charger and once it powered on the battery said it was 94% but once I unplugged it. It would drain quickly and I rebooted it. It gave me the red battery logo (Dead) so I hooked it back up and it was the same thing. 80-95% battery. I turned it off to charge and its showing as low/orange light breathing and says its charging.

Should I do a full wipe to fix this or replace the battery?

NOTE: I know that BB servers are shutting down soon. That doesnt mean 3G is shutting off yet. VZW is shutting off 3G at the end of 2022. Im just gonna remove BBID from my phone and itll work fine.
    09-21-21 03:32 PM
    According to BlackBerry it might not work fine... their statement about calls, SMS and 911 included BB10. Just have a backup ready.

I'd do with wipe, you'll need to do it before BBID Servers shutdown and that could happen before the official date if there is another hiccup like last month. If that doesn't fix it, get a new battery and maybe that will do it.
    MadMax636 likes this.
    09-21-21 03:42 PM
    I had the same issue with my classic. you have to open the back cover, see the little wire screwed in the battery? unscrew it gently remove the wire. put the phone on charge and voila it will recalibrate. then take off charge, rescrew wire back and this should resolve it. let me know!
    MadMax636 likes this.
    10-02-21 10:58 AM
    for whatever reason the mimic battery pulls, aka hard resets dont work, this method is a real battery pull via taking off the wire,! good luck!
    10-02-21 11:00 AM
    Thanks for the replies. A little update, I replaced the battery with a new one I had for something like this (ultra pain in the *** to remove the old one) and I installed the new one, removed BB protect, Reloaded the OS, security wiped it, and let it charge to 100%.

I then unplugged it (for 4 hours) and its now at 90% which is still annoying the hell out of me. Its draining the battery way too fast. With the only battery I had it at 0% for a straight hour. Figured the battery condition was bad due to age thats why I changed it.

About this recalibration thing with removing the battery cable. Do I disconect the battery and then put it on the charger and then reconnect the battery?

Also, are there any other battery recalibration methods?
    10-03-21 10:37 AM
    Thanks for the replies. A little update, I replaced the battery with a new one I had for something like this (ultra pain in the *** to remove the old one) and I installed the new one, removed BB protect, Reloaded the OS, security wiped it, and let it charge to 100%.

I then unplugged it (for 4 hours) and its now at 90% which is still annoying the hell out of me. Its draining the battery way too fast. With the only battery I had it at 0% for a straight hour. Figured the battery condition was bad due to age thats why I changed it.

About this recalibration thing with removing the battery cable. Do I disconect the battery and then put it on the charger and then reconnect the battery?

Also, are there any other battery recalibration methods?
    Just remove the cable connection. Meanwhile put it on charge let it reboot. The put the wire back to the battery and screw it in. Good luck. You can remove it it from charge. If you changed to newer battery then this step may be irrelevant

Posted via CB10
    10-05-21 11:41 PM