OK...would appreciate some perspective on Build Quality...posting this in the Classic forum since I'm looking for veteran users of both the Classic and Q10. I've loved my Q10s (have had two...sold the first one to try a Z10 and Z30 for a while but missed the physical keyboard so came back). Like the feel of the Q10 and its pocket size, and can live with 10.2 until 10.3 gets itself sorted out. BUT, I really like the Classic's larger size for my typing and screen. Toolbelt is nice, but not as important to me as the feel of the keypad with my larger fingers. Here's my dilemma...I've got a nice Classic I could sell and could get another Q10...price very favorable for me to sell at this time. But I'm concerned I'll get a bad Q10 keypad (my two have been fine, but I fear so many of the inevitable stories. Now, I'm reading the questions about the Classic's build issues and wonder how my good one now will be a year from now. Going back and forth on this...what do you think? (I admit, its nice to have a good choice in either direction and not have to go to Android or Apple!!!).
    Last edited by jrsva2008; 04-03-15 at 09:36 PM.
    04-03-15 08:50 PM
    Classic all the way. The Q and A on the Q10 sometimes slip due to the shorter length keyboard. Classic keyboard is off this world.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 07:09 AM
    I don't think classic keyboard is like that. Its a pretty good keyboard, but comparing both devices, classic keyboard feeling is more clicking, and is has the known lightbleed everywhere. It's letters are not so close like q 10, and dirty goes deep inside easily. This is also the reason of lightbleed.
    I like both keyboards, they are really good, but from my point of view, q10 has better keyboard and better build.

Posted via CB10
    jrsva2008 likes this.
    04-04-15 07:17 AM
    This something I am considering at the moment. Q10 is much better quality I would say, especially the back of the phone. Classic has gaps between screen and frame where dust is collected as well. I also miss Q10's size and pocketability. What I am worried about is 10.3 on q10 screen. It is small and latest OS does not seem to use screen real estate efficiently.

double_fault and jrsva2008 like this.
    04-04-15 07:22 AM
    Classic is AMAZING by far my favorite BlackBerry 10 device yet... I have owned them all and switched from the passport to the Classic, haven't looked back!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 12:16 PM
    Having owned both, I would recommend the Classic for a few reasons -- the tool belt and trackpad, the keyboard, the IPS LCD display vs the Q10's AMOLED (the Classic is brighter and looks sharper along with better outdoor visibility), and it feels overall better built and more comfortable to hold.
    04-04-15 10:40 PM
    My only gripe with the Classic is the Trackpad. It's not very responsive, in my own personal experience, and really makes me angry when doesn't do what I want it to.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 12:40 PM
    My only gripe with the Classic is the Trackpad. It's not very responsive, in my own personal experience, and really makes me angry when doesn't do what I want it to.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity of the trackpad? You can do this under Settings > Language and Input > Trackpad Sensitivity.
    04-05-15 12:42 PM
    The sensitivity isn't the issue, it just doesn't detect movement all the time.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 01:58 PM
    Classic over Q10 -
    1. Display and screen size ( lower ppi than Q but actually brighter, crisper and awesome sunlight visibility)
    2. Overall look and feel (this is subjective and purely based on personal preference. IMO the classic looks absolutely gorgeous and much more well built than Q10)
    3. Better keyboard (that's what matters and the pkb is why most of us are still here)
    4. The toolbelt (control over the phone without touching the screen. No more smudges and fingerprints)
    5. Battery life. (stellar battery life, lasts much better than Q10)

Q10 over classic -
    1. Price (way cheaper than classic)
    2. Compact and lighter (love the form factor of Q10. Much more comfortable to hold and use than classic)
    3. Removable battery
    4. Made in Mexico :P
    5. Durability ( no paint chipping off nor peeling. Absolutely built to last)

Overall : Classic is arguably the best BlackBerry ever! Believe that!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 02:45 PM
    My classic is solid...not one issue! I must be one of the lucky ones I guess. The toolbelt adds so much functionality. It's just a way better version of the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-05-15 03:44 PM
    classic is awesome, the keyboard gets smooth after use and the screen, battery and built compared to Q10 are awesome
    04-05-15 09:33 PM