Haven't seen anyone talk about this really, but now that the classic has a hardware back button, can we now hide the software back bar on android apps and in some BlackBerry apps like the browser? That extra screen size plus the lack of those onscreen elements would really make that 3.5 inches screen much bigger.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-20-14 11:06 AM
    You do know you can still swipe back in android apps without having the bar showing right? Just swipe from middle to either left or right on the bottom of the screen.
    06-20-14 11:24 AM
    There's really no need to remove that because some users might still prefer tapping the virtual back key. So its either you tap on screen or use the physical button. And the option to hide the bottom bar has always been with android apps. All you need to do is swipe down from top and tap "hide bar".
    06-20-14 11:28 AM
    Thanks to you both. I actually didn't know that. Either way, however, with a hardware back and menu buttons I think we could hide the bar by default. I would say it would be more beneficial to get back 15 percent of your screen than risk a user not knowing what to do.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 11:45 AM
    Thanks to you both. I actually didn't know that. Either way, however, with a hardware back and menu buttons I think we could hide the bar by default. I would say it would be more beneficial to get back 15 percent of your screen than risk a user not knowing what to do.

Posted via CB10
    Agree

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 05:38 PM
    You do know you can still swipe back in android apps without having the bar showing right? Just swipe from middle to either left or right on the bottom of the screen.
    I'm using Q5 but I can't do like what you said. I'm always hide my action bar due to small screen that really eating up my screen. Is it my phone that wrong? Or my OS? Or the runtime?

Sorry for bad, bad English! Peace.
    06-20-14 08:57 PM
    I'm using Q5 but I can't do like what you said. I'm always hide my action bar due to small screen that really eating up my screen. Is it my phone that wrong? Or my OS? Or the runtime?

Sorry for bad, bad English! Peace.
    Swipe diagonally

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 09:09 PM
    Yes, but doesnt work smoothly. Plus prefer to keep my fingers on keyboard and smudge screen if possible. The back button better work in android apps

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    06-25-14 09:58 PM