Just had an email my Classic has been dispatched!

Ordered on Saturday and paid for Tuesday delivery
    Ordered from Selfridges?

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    01-05-15 12:51 PM
    Yeah their online store. Ordered Saturday evening
    01-05-15 01:09 PM
    Yeah their online store. Ordered Saturday evening
    Hope OP received that e-mail as well then as he expected it to arrive yesterday!

Congrats to you though, that's awesome!

01-05-15 01:17 PM
    The phone came today thankfully. However I will never use Selfridges again. Their customer service is absolutely awful. I've called them 6 times in the last two days and not one person knew where my phone was. I asked 3 times to speak to a manager and 3 times was told I'd have a call back. Not one call back.

I was also told today that there was no stock to fulfil my order (even though I was the first person to order) and that I'd have to wait 5 days for a refund. All this with clueless, rude customer service staff.

At least it's turned up today (typing this from it now) and I must say my Passport is going on Gumtree. This is the right device for me and I'm loving it.

I'll answer some questions others have asked:

It has the CE markings on the side

It's the SQC100-1 model

It has the QWERTY keyboard

The only downside is the space bar and some of the other keys paint has chipped off. So the light is shining through at the top of the key. Bit annoying, but I'm not even going to bother trying to send it back to selfridges. I'll just live with it and maybe try a black permanent marker.

Anyway if you guys have another questions just let me know.

Hope you get your devices soon :-)

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 and CMTMcG like this.
    01-05-15 01:54 PM
    Are you going to install the Play Store on it?

Tried it on my Z10 and cannot wait to get it on the Classic.

I write for a tech site and posting on the move has been hard using some other devices, hoping the Classic with keyboard and being able to use Android apps like Wordpress will be the perfect combo for me
    01-05-15 02:00 PM
    Are you going to install the Play Store on it?

Tried it on my Z10 and cannot wait to get it on the Classic.

I write for a tech site and posting on the move has been hard using some other devices, hoping the Classic with keyboard and being able to use Android apps like Wordpress will be the perfect combo for me
    Doing that as we speak. Was working flawless on my passport. Do you want me to test anything for you?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 02:03 PM
    The phone came today thankfully. However I will never use Selfridges again. Their customer service is absolutely awful. I've called them 6 times in the last two days and not one person knew where my phone was. I asked 3 times to speak to a manager and 3 times was told I'd have a call back. Not one call back.

I was also told today that there was no stock to fulfil my order (even though I was the first person to order) and that I'd have to wait 5 days for a refund. All this with clueless, rude customer service staff.

At least it's turned up today (typing this from it now) and I must say my Passport is going on Gumtree. This is the right device for me and I'm loving it.

I'll answer some questions others have asked:

It has the CE markings on the side

It's the SQC100-1 model

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for answering
    Yesterday i was ready to purchase the phone , but after reading bad feedback for selbridges ...last moment i deleted it from my shopping bag ...
    Im not from UK and i was afraid to purchase cause of the bad aftersale service....
    Im confused now between the passport and the classic cause the price is very similar....and everyone knows that the passport is the beast of specs...
    I really hope you enjoy your wonderful blackberry classic
    have fun
    01-05-15 02:05 PM
    The only downside is the space bar and some of the other keys paint has chipped off. So the light is shining through at the top of the key. Bit annoying, but I'm not even going to bother trying to send it back to selfridges. I'll just live with it and maybe try a black permanent marker.

Anyway if you guys have another questions just let me know.

Hope you get your devices soon :-)

Posted via CB10
    I would send it back ...
    It doesnt sound good ....
    You have paid so many for a device that in my opinion isnt worth it ....
    01-05-15 02:13 PM
    Handtec and unlocked-mobiles are both claiming they will have stock this week.
    http://www.unlocked-mobiles.com/sim-...-p-84767.html?

http://www.handtec.co.uk/blackberry-...one-black.html

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    01-05-15 03:28 PM
    excuse my ignorance - what's the relevance of the CE marking?
    01-05-15 04:08 PM
    Handtec and unlocked-mobiles are both claiming they will have stock this week.
    http://www.unlocked-mobiles.com/sim-...-p-84767.html?

http://www.handtec.co.uk/blackberry-...one-black.html

Posted via CB10
    Hi there
    Sorry for asking , I'm not from Uk but live in Europe
    Are these 2 shops guaranteed( including after service) ?
    Thanks
    01-05-15 04:15 PM
    excuse my ignorance - what's the relevance of the CE marking?
    Phones (or all electrical devices?) sold within EU countries need to have a CE seal printed or sticked on them. Usually on phones they are hidden behind the battery or backdoor, SIM tray or whatever comes to mind. Since the Classic has no back cover or a large enough designed tray to print that logo on, it got on the lower left side of the steelframe. People are annoyed because it is actually not a sticker and you can't remove it easily. However I have seen a video where it almost looks like some sort of holographic imprint, in some angles the logo became almost invisible.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 04:47 PM
    Hi there
    Sorry for asking , I'm not from Uk but live in Europe
    Are these 2 shops guaranteed( including after service) ?
    Thanks
    Personally I'm still waiting for Amazon to have stock. BlackBerry seem to give Selfridges the exclusive on a new device and then everyone else gets it in stock. These two independents showing stock this week is a good sign.

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    01-06-15 01:47 AM
    Hi, for what it's worth, I ordered from Selfridges Saturday and received it Monday.

I had previously pre-ordered with Amazon on 1st Dec, with delivery window of 30 Dec to 5 Jan. They emailed me on the 3rd Jan saying the order was cancelled (not delayed) due to sourcing issues and that was that. No record of the order ever existing on the website anymore as over 30 days old.

I've rarely had bad service from Amazon but this was very poor. Would have no hesitation to recommend Selfridges based on the transaction.

Now - to find a screen protector which fits, as the one sold by Celilicious is miles out.
    01-06-15 02:58 AM
    Personally I'm still waiting for Amazon to have stock. BlackBerry seem to give Selfridges the exclusive on a new device and then everyone else gets it in stock. These two independents showing stock this week is a good sign.

Posted via CB10
    I'll wait also for amazon ...
    Thank you
    01-06-15 03:09 AM
    Doing that as we speak. Was working flawless on my passport. Do you want me to test anything for you?

Posted via CB10
    Can you post a picture of the CE sign?

01-06-15 03:54 AM
    [QUOTE=Adam Rees;11231175]

Mine has the same thing on the top end of the spacebar, I got it from selfridges yesterday so maybe their stock is all like that? You can barely notice though if looking at the phone straight on, only if you look down the keyboard. I hope yours isn't too much worse after the angst of trying to get hold of it!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 07:22 AM
    Sorry to hear your having the same issue. Yea like you say it's only noticeable from a top down angle. It's not bothering me that much, but thought I'd mention it.

Hope your enjoying your classic. I'm loving it.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 07:53 AM
    [QUOTE=paolo73;11233188]

Mine has the same thing on the top end of the spacebar, I got it from selfridges yesterday so maybe their stock is all like that? You can barely notice though if looking at the phone straight on, only if you look down the keyboard. I hope yours isn't too much worse after the angst of trying to get hold of it!

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear your having the same issue. Yea like you say it's only noticeable from a top down angle. It's not bothering me that much, but thought I'd mention it.

Posted via CB10
    in my opinion you must return the devices back....you paid so much .
    The only device blackberry has made without almost any hardware issue is the passport ....all other os10 devices have small - very small mistakes.....
    Return them back....blackberry must get informed (and give more love and attention for their devices) , cause im afraid all stock from selfbridges has this hardware issue
    Classic costs more than its worth in my opinion.....
    01-06-15 08:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's fantastic and I love it. I agonised for months over the passport but as soon as I had a good look around the classic I knew it was a better suited device for me. I have the odd small issue like the well documented device monitor problem, but I'm assuming all that will be fixed with the next OS update. You'd always expect a few glitches with a brand new handset.

I won't be bothering returning it just for the paintwork, all the keys will look like that after a few months anyway if I keep typing on it at the rate I am now!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 08:30 AM
    Clove Technology say that they are shipping from the 7th at �339+p&p.Good price for me as I'm in a VAT free location.
    01-06-15 11:42 AM
    Carphone warehouse has stock

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=7a4a00b8b4

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 12:49 PM
    Do you think is it worth to wait for BB Classic on amazon.co.uk or shall I buy it on Clove or Carphone Warehouse? I'm from Poland and I'm worried about warranty! What is your opinion ?!
    01-06-15 01:08 PM
    Carphone warehouse has stock

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=7a4a00b8b4

Posted via CB10
    Looks like business only though.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 01:16 PM
    Hi guys! This shop https://www.unlocked-mobiles.com reliable? Just day after day, watching, will tomorrow, there will be tomorrow, tomorrow will ..... And Blackberry Classic ordered another 20 of November. Today, it is a message from the service in http://www.clove.co.uk on 7 November. And https://www.unlocked-mobiles.com these all tomorrow and tomorrow.
    Wrote in support of a few times, the answer is no!
    Last edited by gsmobi; 01-06-15 at 02:06 PM.
    01-06-15 01:54 PM
86 1234