So there we are.
    Classic is still my daily driver, even with 2 broken screens (allways order lcds from ebay and replace it with the youtube tutorials help)
    I use a lot of social networks and accounts for my work, so I have a little help from an iPad mini. You can't upload videos in BB10
    Facebook (touch.facebook.com, stock browser)
    Instagram (android old version app, and insta10/igram native mix, but most of the time ipad)
    Twitter (native app for notifications and blaq)
    Youtube mobile browser and supertube (native)
    Whatsapp (android apk+fix)
    BBM (native,just for family)
    Telegram (android apk)
    Feedminder (native,news reader, very quick)
    Cb10 (native)
    Opera mini 7.6 (android apk, very light and work with keys)
    Feem (transfer data btw classic and ipad android apk)
    Onedrive (native, the last one native for automatic photo upload)
    Tao translater (native, one of the best translaters since my Nokia symbian times)
    Fahrplan (native, same Tao translater team but for railways shedule)
    NavFree (native, maps and routing the only one that works for me)
    Umbrella (native, weather forecast)
    Browsie browser (native, for when I have troubles with stock browser)
    Remember (stock, for outlook tasks sync)
    Kut (for shorter web andress)
    Effetica pro (better photo editor)

And that's it
    What a machine!!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-18 04:07 AM
    If it does everything you need, that's great!

Have you thought about what you will do if it becomes too crippled after BlackBerry World and BIS are shut down at the end of 2019?

I decided to give the KEY2 a try and I have to say it is an excellent device.
    10-02-18 07:06 AM
    Have you thought about what you will do if it becomes too crippled after BlackBerry World and BIS are shut down at the end of 2019?
    BBOS is BIS dependent not 10 and about BBW, honestly I hope to sideload apps via chrome playbook app. But if the BBW shutdown will somehow influence BB10 performance, probably will get a Key2 of course.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-18 03:22 PM
    So there we are.
    Classic is still my daily driver
    You should relate to this

10-03-18 05:31 AM
    Two days with classic. I am happy

Posted via CB10
    10-03-18 06:06 AM
    My sole requirements for a smartphone is phone calls, email, web browsing, I am not an app guy. So will these functions continue to work on either a BB Classic or Leap, even when BB 10 no longer receives support. Now I am just using a cheap Huawei android phone which accomplishes these tasks. Thanks.
    Digital_Islandboy likes this.
    10-04-18 05:09 AM
    My sole requirements for a smartphone is phone calls, email, web browsing, I am not an app guy. So will these functions continue to work on either a BB Classic or Leap, even when BB 10 no longer receives support. Now I am just using a cheap Huawei android phone which accomplishes these tasks. Thanks.
    The BB10 browser continues to fall further a d further behind as web standards continue to evolve.

Some web pages load improperly or not at all in the BB10 browser and it will only get worse as time marches on.

There are third party browsers available that run on the Android 4.3 runtime, but that version of Android is also extremely outdated and support for that is also dying.
    Digital_Islandboy likes this.
    10-04-18 08:51 AM
    I use classic since 2 and half year with most of native apps
    - myacountant for my expense
    - connect to ondrive for cloud
    - igrann for instagram
    - Navfree for offline map
    - Tao translattor for translate
    - feedminder for rsss
    And may shortcut url for access for my bank account, travel (like hotels.com and other), transport Ratp sncf (i'm French from paris), touch.facebook.com for facebook, keeps.google.com for my cloud note
    Photos.google.com for see my photo in the cloud ( I upload with my pc)

And some android apps
    - telegram from f-droid (because it's use OpenStreetMap instead Google map)
    - whatsapps with whatsapp fixer from cellninja (SD card needed)
    - messenger lite and facebook lite
    - beol browser and kiwi browser for some website don't bee accessing from native brother

I use a lot of time wifi share for access to my media document from my pc like a windows share access. (it is very nice)

I use wibki site for having my url shortcut alway accessing on my other bb10 phone http://m.wibki.com/touboul.laurent

Love Peace and Share
    10-04-18 11:04 AM
    Thanks DallinCrump, I use Google Chrome on my Huawei which is only 4.1.1, works well. I continue to use my landline service with my Panasonic Dect 6 phones. My use for either a Classic or Leap is just as a step above an emergency phone for making quick calls if necessary + just using email + web browsing with my home wi-fi. Are there any newer web browsers that I can install on these phones. I can still use the Maxathon Browser successfully with my Blackberry Playbook. Thanks.
    10-04-18 12:22 PM
    Thanks DallinCrump, I use Google Chrome on my Huawei which is only 4.1.1, works well. I continue to use my landline service with my Panasonic Dect 6 phones. My use for either a Classic or Leap is just as a step above an emergency phone for making quick calls if necessary + just using email + web browsing with my home wi-fi. Are there any newer web browsers that I can install on these phones. I can still use the Maxathon Browser successfully with my Blackberry Playbook. Thanks.
    A good browser for bb10 actually is kiwi browser. It is an android browser but it is work fine and you can have the url bar on the bottom like the native browser. And the is a beol new android browser work fine in developpement in the forum

Love Peace and Share
    10-04-18 02:55 PM
    A good browser for bb10 actually is kiwi browser. It is an android browser but it is work fine and you can have the url bar on the bottom like the native browser. And the is a beol new android browser work fine in developpement in the forum

Love Peace and Share
    Will try both. Merci!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-18 05:09 PM
    Will try both. Merci!

Posted via CB10
    Beol browser just have an update. Now you can upload file for example for instagram or facebook

Love Peace and Share
    10-05-18 10:56 AM
    I just got the Classic the other day. My thinking was I wanted qwerty, wanted basic functionality for emailing, browsing, 4g voice and overall I was just sick of the distraction of a phone with endless functions. Keeping it simple and I am a new bb user, sadly here I am at the twilight of its run.
    Gotta say I love this thing so far. It had its issues when initially setting up (blue light boot reset everything problem) but it was this community where I found the solution.
    I won't be moving away from a phone like this as long as its possible to continue using practically.

Proud to be "one of you"

-J

Posted via CB10
    gouger05 and RonW3 like this.
    10-08-18 08:40 PM
    Excellent phone, email and light browsing... also loading it up with music files... hotspot my KeyOne with it... Classic is still rocking the day to day communications I need... :-)

Posted via CB10
    dubengeldu likes this.
    10-08-18 10:12 PM

Proud to be "one of you"

Posted via CB10
    welcome my friend!
    As you said it's an work phone, not the right one for my kids neither most of my friends or family. But for us. We just shouldn't put an high expectation on the "social media" management, and things like upload videos and so on. For that is better an iPad as a companion. I created this refreshed topic just to share my (2018) experience with the classic community, and try to help someone hesitant about keeping or even buy a second hand one. Sometimes the right app is the killer solution for someone

Posted via CB10
    10-09-18 02:00 PM
    The classic is indeed a decent phone...

...until you pick up a KEYone/KEY2/KEY2 LE.

Then you wonder how you dealt with the archaic performance, app availability and sub-par battery life of the Classic.

I owned several of them, hated the standby battery life and it's just so slow on any android app.
    10-10-18 03:32 AM
    I use NewPipe for YouTube. it lets you download videos, listen to them in the background, etc.

Works with buttons and trackpad!

https://f-droid.org/repo/org.schabi.newpipe_68.apk

Video playback might be laggy for you, go into NewPipe settings and use external player (native), or go into Android's developer settings and force GPU rendering. Buttery smooth!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-18 10:22 AM
    Maps.me is my favorite GPS app on Classic. Downloads maps so you don't need internet and has directions for bus, car, walking, and biking. I downloaded the APK for the latest version right off their website.

https://maps.me/apk/

Posted via CB10
    mototopo likes this.
    10-11-18 10:28 AM
    The classic is indeed a decent phone...

...until you pick up a KEYone/KEY2/KEY2 LE.
    Key phones are the way, but only because of apps. And if you feel ok with some basic apps and Web acess, classic is a mor fluid phone with special specs like the toolbelt (one of the downsides of passport)
    Touch keyboards are not the same.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-18 02:16 PM
    Key phones are the way, but only because of apps. And if you feel ok with some basic apps and Web acess, classic is a mor fluid phone with special specs like the toolbelt (one of the downsides of passport)
    Touch keyboards are not the same.

Posted via CB10
    I'd say aside from the compact form factor, in 2018 the Classic's got absolutely nothing on any of the KEY phones.

It's way past its prime and probably wasn't even too speedy at launch anyway. It was nice from 2015 - 2017 but now it's more a device that sits in between feature phone and smartphone.
    10-11-18 03:11 PM
    Let me disagree

Classic is the way for those like me who don't need a lot of apps or at least the old android versions are enough and get stuff done
    besides that you can buy one for 70/80€ now (same for passport)

Posted via CB10
    10-12-18 04:50 AM
    Well, I ditched my Android phone, Samsung A3, and bought a used BB Classic, because all I require now is to make calls and send texts, occasionally I will check emails.
    I see a long future for my Classic.
    I also use my old BB Curve 8320 for the same reason on a different network
    10-12-18 05:53 AM
    Let me disagree

Classic is the way for those like me who don't need a lot of apps or at least the old android versions are enough and get stuff done
    besides that you can buy one for 70/80€ now (same for passport)

Posted via CB10
    Right but the battery life isn't even that amazing to begin with, and much less when you start installing/using Android apps.

You may not need alot of apps, but when you do, isn't it nice to have an up-to-date browser, very good battery life and speed?

I owned several Classic's and boy, it's a slow phone by even 2 years ago's standards.
    10-12-18 06:27 AM
    I don't have a problem uploading videos on Facebook using m.facebook.com, but first I have to switch the browser to desktop mode because Facebook messed something up on their end and will try to give you the older version of the mobile site.
    10-12-18 06:59 AM
    I don't have a problem uploading videos on Facebook using m.facebook.com, but first I have to switch the browser to desktop mode because Facebook messed something up on their end and will try to give you the older version of the mobile site.
    Without turning desktop mode. Try url touch.facebook.com. To have modern facebook.

Love Peace and Share
    10-12-18 09:45 AM
36 12