02-16-17 01:19 AM
34 12
tools
    Thanks for the responses everyone.

I've tried to join the bandwagon and I ended up with an iphone that I browse too much, 20+ pointless apps that drain battery and decrease my attention spam and really low call quality.

Judging from peoples responses here I think the classic would be a good fit and it's a phone I'm longing for. Just another quick app question...

Does BB 10 work with the following apps;

Whats App
    Wechat
    Facebook Messenger
    Google Drive
    Evernote
    Uber

My other biggest concern is will these apps be working 2-3 years down the line?

That essentially covers 99% of my app usage so if those are a go looks like I might be going classic very soon!
    Uber
    Google Drive
    Facebook Messenger

These apps are not on BlackBerry OS 10 at all.

Posted via CB 10 on BlackBerry Classic. (Q20)
    02-06-17 07:26 PM
    I have had my Classic since day one and pre-ordered it. Have loved it, but I did buy a DTEK50 when they came out. I don't love the slab look of the DTEK50 and have had a love hate relationship with going Android. I would say even though I have loved my Classic, I would not advise buying one at this time. When you get used to Android, the Classic is so slow to even turn on and the battery life just isn't good enough and the camera barely okay. On the plus size, it is lovely to handle and type on. But I keep going back to it and putting away the DTEK50 and wind up only lasting half a day before I switch my SIM card back to the DTEK50. I am not a gamer or technie type person, but the speed of Android is wonderful in comparison to going back. The new Press is going to suit me to a tee. I hope lol.
    02-06-17 07:45 PM
    I must be quite lucky with my BB Classic. I get a genuine day and a half out of the battery. Now, I will say this: I barely run ANY apps. In fact, the only apps I use are: BBC News, Facebook and Messenger Lite. Sometimes i'll play some music through the android app "Pi Music Player". The Classic has became my 2nd phone - it couldn't be my daily driver in the end because I use far too many apps that never made it to the BB App store, nor can they run well on the android 4 runtime.

I agree that once you've used an android or iPhone, going back to BB10 is difficult because the hardware powering the classic isn't exactly outstanding. And why would it be, it's at the very least 3 years old.

*IF* BB10 was modernised, optimised and installed on a phone with better hardware, I think BB10 would fly. It's not terrible to use by a long shot - I can use it fine. But if we're comparing to more modern phones, then yes, there is a noticeable difference in speed.
    02-07-17 10:50 AM
    Yes Yes Yes. I completely agree!

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    02-07-17 11:40 AM
    Uber
    Google Drive
    Facebook Messenger

These apps are not on BlackBerry OS 10 at all.

Posted via CB 10 on BlackBerry Classic. (Q20)
    At least for Google Drive there are plenty of options out there.
    Regarding facebook and Uber, I really don't know if there are working alternatives out there, but I have at least seen apps claiming to provide these features. However keep in mind, they could just stop working right out of nowhere. So keep that in mind if you totally rely on these apps.
    02-07-17 01:08 PM
    Thanks for the responses everyone.

I've tried to join the bandwagon and I ended up with an iphone that I browse too much, 20+ pointless apps that drain battery and decrease my attention spam and really low call quality.

Judging from peoples responses here I think the classic would be a good fit and it's a phone I'm longing for. Just another quick app question...

Does BB 10 work with the following apps;

Whats App
    Wechat
    Facebook Messenger
    Google Drive
    Evernote
    Uber

My other biggest concern is will these apps be working 2-3 years down the line?

That essentially covers 99% of my app usage so if those are a go looks like I might be going classic very soon!
    Whatsapp: ignore the messages below, it works fine, I have two accounts working at the same the bb10 version and the android which I've just updated. I've downloaded waafixer, and I'm not encountering any issues with image and doc sending.

Wechat: yes
    Messenger: I'm using messenger lite and it works like the genuine facebook app.
    Google drive : yup with playcloud an app available at BlackBerry world.
    Evernote: yes

Only one I didn't manage to run is uber but haven't try alternative apps using the service.
    Hope this helps
    02-07-17 05:19 PM
    Personal preference....ugh.
    02-07-17 07:25 PM
    Whatsapp: ignore the messages below, it works fine, I have two accounts working at the same the bb10 version and the android which I've just updated. I've downloaded waafixer, and I'm not encountering any issues with image and doc sending.

Wechat: yes
    Messenger: I'm using messenger lite and it works like the genuine facebook app.
    Google drive : yup with playcloud an app available at BlackBerry world.
    Evernote: yes

Only one I didn't manage to run is uber but haven't try alternative apps using the service.
    Hope this helps
    Are you saying you have full access to Google drive using playcloud?
    02-16-17 12:20 AM
    Are you saying you have full access to Google drive using playcloud?
    Yes but not the free version
    02-16-17 01:19 AM
34 12